Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOOHOO i got into beta..bah! site crashed and can't download

kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

got accepted into beta ,no sooner do i go to site it crashes under volume of traffic..just my friggin luck..dunno if i am actually gonna get to play but gl to you guys and girls that get in there..enjoy y/selves

Comments

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

*shrug* i'm looking at swtor site right now, just did a refresh. Maybe try again?

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• nerrollusnerrollus Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 214

They were doing maintenance. It should be back up now, but it's still a bit slow.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Not surprisingly it has been struggling all morning uk time.

Just tried to get on, and found myself in a queue to get access. Yep a queue for the website lol.

Think it will be like this for some time given the beta invites going on,

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

yeah got it now guys thnx

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

SWTOR.com is temporarily unavailable as we are experiencing extremely high traffic. Please check back again soon

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I cant even log in to download

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

maybe its called beta (test) weekend for a reason........what could it be?? Maybe to do some testing..??

/end sarcasm

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

I asked this several times yet no one gave a valid answer, so i try once more. The client i downloaded yesterday prior to the maintenance is the valid one or i'll be asked to get a new one for the coming beta? 

thank you.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Shodanas

I asked this several times yet no one gave a valid answer, so i try once more. The client i downloaded yesterday prior to the maintenance is the valid one or i'll be asked to get a new one for the coming beta? 

thank you.

Yes, it is the correct one.  Well at least the one I downloaded yesterday seems to be the correct one.  Neither of us will know for sure until the beta weekend starts.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

something is going on with sw:tor it's messing up all my posts

I'll type something like

I know how you feel and i completely agree, this is where i know what i'm doing

and it will come out

I know how you feel i comwhat i'm doing.

I also got in that queue thing which is strange for a website. probably so it doesn't crash again.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

i am now having real problems..tells me i,ve put in the wrong PW so i use forgot pw link..i rest pw it then tells me i,ve got it wrong again..wtf..maybe just the traffic causing problems atm..will wait and see..i,m not goin to bitch about it..i knew there was massive interest in this..so i,ll either be lucky or i wont be..we'll see.

• c4_Garudac4_Garuda Member Posts: 77

It appears I need to put some security questions in order to begin my download. Dammit I wanna do it but cant since the damn site is down again...

"To be a rock and not to roll..."

this shit pissing me off.. I am getting mad enough to kill somebody in the game that is !

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Originally posted by kevjards

got accepted into beta ,no sooner do i go to site it crashes under volume of traffic..just my friggin luck..dunno if i am actually gonna get to play but gl to you guys and girls that get in there..enjoy y/selves

Everyone and their Dog is in this beta

• KrayfishKrayfish Member UncommonPosts: 147

They are doing maintenance, they extended it until the 23rd, won't be finished until tommorow evening. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=639632

Not sure if theres much use posting a link to that, but basically the site will be messed up for another 24 hours or so.

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

what concerns me is the severe lack of bandwidth on the site.  it's caused some interesting glitches.  like last night, i got into the site and someone else's account was logged in.  I really doubt someone broke into my house to log into the swtor site :P

Kind of concerns me.  I checked when I logged my account back in and my guild is still there, no sent pm's by anyone but me, but if I had access to someone else's account, how wide spread was this glitch...............

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Wait patiently and do not refresh the page .I got to the download page finally and am downloading now.

Chamber of Chains

Originally posted by blackthornn

what concerns me is the severe lack of bandwidth on the site.  it's caused some interesting glitches.  like last night, i got into the site and someone else's account was logged in.  I really doubt someone broke into my house to log into the swtor site :P

Kind of concerns me.  I checked when I logged my account back in and my guild is still there, no sent pm's by anyone but me, but if I had access to someone else's account, how wide spread was this glitch...............

you screenshot that?

Originally posted by MMOExposed

you screenshot that?

no but I wish i did.  Was too busy logging out of that account ASAP

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.

damn say wrong password. now I wont send me anything from the forgot PW part

I got "wrong password, please enter security question answer"

"wrong answer, if you feel you got this message in error please contact us @ blah blah blah"

paraphrasing of course.

Gonna be really steamed if I have to call in because they locked my account over this.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I think because of the large traffic involved any error in the security question which I had to answer three times all different ones mind you very carefully it might lock you out until you can reset it and sicne traffic is quite bad it may take awhile. Try to be very careful when entering the answers.

Chamber of Chains

I got "wrong password, please enter security question answer"

"wrong answer, if you feel you got this message in error please contact us @ blah blah blah"

paraphrasing of course.

Gonna be really steamed if I have to call in because they locked my account over this.

I havnt got anything other then some message about wrong password and that the new password policies changed and may effect your password.

when I click the link, it goes to the queue page with nothing

I had to register 5 secret questions and answers yesterday morning /shrug

Huge fan of the countdown on the website queue and how it goes from 10 to NOW then restarts a few dozen times.  Was funny watching my 4 yr old get all excited when it his NOW then get all grumpy when it restarted.

• CavemanBECavemanBE Member UncommonPosts: 78

i just get it in in about 1.5 hour ,so no problem for me??

No lack of bandwidth  :)