Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Fallen Earth: Play2Win Contest Announced

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,638MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

GamersFirst and Maingear have partnered to bring Fallen Earth players an opportunity to win real world gear through playing the game. Maingear computer parts are scattered throughout the game world for players to find and collect.

From now through December 4th, players are urged to collect as many computer pieces as possible. The player with the most parts on December 4th at midnight will win a MAINGEAR F131 computer system.

Grab all the details and read the fine print about the Fallen Earth contest on the Maingear site.

image

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

image

Comments

  • F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY dsadPosts: 207Member Uncommon

    Funny they would call this contest Play2Win considering this game just went Pay2Win.

    A Pay2Win bad fps with some cookie cutter builds and instancing everywhere? No thanks.

     

    By the way gamerfirst the owners are nutorius for not allowing subscribers to unsub without filing a petition, and are known for intentional double billing and other shady practices.

    Avoid this game.

  • AELARASAELARAS larissaPosts: 24Member

    i dont play this game so often but....there are no instances ingame..its an open world without loading screens..and is not pay2win at all..exept this pc ;) lol

  • paterahpaterah ThessalonikiPosts: 578Member

    Originally posted by Sketch420

    Funny they would call this contest Play2Win considering this game just went Pay2Win.

    A Pay2Win bad fps with some cookie cutter builds and instancing everywhere? No thanks.

     

    By the way gamerfirst the owners are nutorius for not allowing subscribers to unsub without filing a petition, and are known for intentional double billing and other shady practices.

    Avoid this game.

    You clearly haven't played this game after it went f2p nor before that. So to follow to your own lines:

    Avoid this advice.

     

  • jakoblinjakoblin MODESTO, CAPosts: 301Member

    MAN  my computer is so dam ancient,  i can't run this game at all

  • alkarionlogalkarionlog SPosts: 1,125Member Uncommon

    this game was instaced a lot for quests, they make it don't have load screens, but its instanced.

     

    also I read you can't carft offline being a free player and your craft is limited, based on how this game is heavy craft oriented, that is bad.

    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    image

  • AthabaAthaba WienPosts: 48Member

    That's not true. You can offline craft when being a free player. Also instancing isn't too heavy. About 99% of the world aren't instanced. The only problem so far is lag.

    Most players however go P2P because of the crafting limitation, but there are also folks that simply don't craft.

  • tifalockharttifalockhart FalkirkPosts: 72Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by alkarionlog

    this game was instaced a lot for quests, they make it don't have load screens, but its instanced.

     

    also I read you can't carft offline being a free player and your craft is limited, based on how this game is heavy craft oriented, that is bad.

     Rubbish, the game has very few instances, the only time an instance was used was as part of the quest story and that is few and far between it was easy to tell if you were in an instance due to the instance popup manager that appeared.  Between sectors 1 to 3 i probaly encountered 10 small instances used to kill 1 or 2 mobs nothing more. the game is a wide open world and all the "dungeons" are open too.

    Waiting For:Archeage
    current:Guild Wars 2
    past: EQ, EQ2, Planetside, SWG, Matrix Online, Ultima Online, WoW, CoH/CoV, Tabula Rasa, Pirates of the Burning sea, AoC, Eve Online, Startrek Online.Fallen Earth, Champions Online, SWTOR

  • MyriaMyria Lowell, MAPosts: 570Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by tifalockhart

     Rubbish, the game has very few instances, the only time an instance was used was as part of the quest story and that is few and far between it was easy to tell if you were in an instance due to the instance popup manager that appeared.  Between sectors 1 to 3 i probaly encountered 10 small instances used to kill 1 or 2 mobs nothing more. the game is a wide open world and all the "dungeons" are open too.


     

     

    Actually, no, there is a lot of instancing, they just have very good transition tech -- one of the few things Icarus really deserved credit for, but never really got. In the early days it wasn't so good, though, and you'd often hit an invisible wall when trying to go into places like The Junk Fortress because the instance server had died. After a while it became pretty clear that just about any major structure or cave you went into was instanced in one way or another and often it was not at all obvious as long as things were working they way they should.

    A lot of the instances (like the aforementined Junk Fortress) are shared, but they are instances nonetheless. A lot of instances aren't -- frankly I think you vastly underestimate the number of single-player instances you run into whilst questing.

    Not that it matters for overall gameplay. People solo quest 99.99% of the time in FE, whether you're in an instance or not stops mattering when the only time you're apt to see other players is when you go back to town to unload your bags.

  • WishMeisterWishMeister PortoPosts: 100Member

    This game is not P2Win at all, if ur a crafter and want to pregress faster in the game subing is a good idea cuz it takes a lot less time to craft ur items, thats the only difference betewen premium and free players, theres a few limitations as well like chip cap at 10 red and the time u take to harvest nodes, but hell im lvl 45 and i never passed 3 red on my toon lol

    This is a game that is totaly worth to sub, only pain atm is the lagg it's not to heavy but sometimes it can be annoying.

    All i can say is that i've been playing mmo's for over a decade and this game is the only one so far that kept me hooked for more then a week and im playing it since July...

Sign In or Register to comment.