Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2: Goddess of Destruction Truly Free Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

NCSoft has announced that Lineage II: Goddess of Destruction Truly Free will officially launch on November 30th. Goddess of Destruction is the game's largest content addition ever and will ring in the era of the F2P experience for L2 players.

NCSoft also announced several new 'Exploration Packs':

• The Discovery Pack – For the casual player who plays for short periods to discover Lineage II. This pack includes a sizable number of support items plus special bonuses including an R-grade Weapon Seal Scroll and an R-grade Top-Grade Life Stone designed to bring players more fun in short bursts of time.

• The Adventure Pack – For the determined player who likes challenges. This pack includes the bonus items from the Discovery Pack, an R-grade Weapon Enchant Scroll as well as other support items, designed to speed players ahead of most others on the way to Awakening.    

• The Destiny Pack – For the Lineage II grandmaster intent on transcending the rest.  Along with the bonus items from the Adventure and Destiny Packs, a huge number of support items and a special item that differs every month, players will receive a R-grade Unbind Scroll until the end of December.

Find out more about the upcoming launch on the Lineage II Truly Free teaser site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ColdicesColdices Member Posts: 157

You should say that this is only for the NA servers. Innova will take care of the EU servers so any european players should wait.

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

How much I do miss Lineage 2, I played the first 3 years of the game but with time, newer games became available. This is a great idea but perhaps a little late as seeing they will have alot of competition. I would love to play it again but I do not believe the time it will take to download this game only to play it a month or 2 will be worth my while.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

I'll try it.. I never understood the popularity of this game because the screenshots look like asian F2P games we have already been used to seeing.. But maybe there are some underlying mechanics that seperate this game from the others?

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Vyeth

I'll try it.. I never understood the popularity of this game because the screenshots look like asian F2P games we have already been used to seeing.. But maybe there are some underlying mechanics that seperate this game from the others?

There's a lot of underlying mechanics that seperate L2 from all other MMO's. It's a lot like EVE (Eve is a lot like L2 actually...) when it comes to the PvP mechanics.

All PvP is 'open world'; without factions. Player clans (and alliances) generate their own factions on the server. Then there is territory control that's unrivalled (except by EVE of course). Fortresses & castles can be sieged for clan-ownership. Bi-weekly there's a server wide territory control.

Best of all - NO BATTLEGROUNDS. Only the olympiad is instanced 1v1 pvp, but that is to determine the month's hero...

• PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318

For EU players.

http://www.lineage2.eu/

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ya end game stuff in here is very addictive!

Better be a EU player as i can see. In Russia that antybot system is quite effective.

"Another exciting feature is the addition of the new security system «Frost». Frost’s primary functions include tracking player characters and the ability to distinguish those controlled by bots, as well providing a range of anti-cheat tools. This in-house security system is part of Innova’s pledge to create a fair playing field for all gamers, and to provide the best Lineage 2 experience possible."

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ya i bet ncsoft worked very hard to find anti everything inhouse solution since in aion they had to deactivate the thrid party solution because of ton of issue.i hope the in house solution are better alternative!i am all for anti-everything if it does work and doesnt prevent gamer from behing on = footing!

• MMOSareDEADMMOSareDEAD Member Posts: 47

FFS still no announcement about the EU release and new servers???

Hurry up Innova already!

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

It wasnt popular for NA/EU market.  Just like Aion, it posts large sub numbers, but the vast majority are asian subs

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

I heard this game doesn't have WASD to control movement and it's mouse clicks instead...is this true? Say it ain't so!

• Soull85Soull85 Member UncommonPosts: 15

it's true but it's nice 2 be able to chat while grinding in a party

• NudlesNudles Member UncommonPosts: 54

Originally posted by marzatplay

I heard this game doesn't have WASD to control movement and it's mouse clicks instead...is this true? Say it ain't so!

"...If you prefer using the WASD keys to move, press Alt+X to open the System menu. Choose Options, and in the Game tab, click “Enter Chat”. Click OK to save your choice. The WASD keys will now move your character, and you must press the Enter key to enter text for chatting."

http://www.lineage2.com/guide/new_l2.html

• WarElfWarElf Member Posts: 2

really excited to see l2 go free finally. kind of curious bout this "path to awakening" thing on the website and what exactly it will be.

• cedoniacedonia Member Posts: 1

nc sofst shoul  start  to  remake lineage cose  what  they  do with this game in my opinion its bad...they only  take from  wow  from aion from aoc and outher mmo and put in lineage  but   they misss  somethign.. they miss the good  feling of the game,i mean lineage  was the best before kamael  hellbound etc cose  after  they implement  elemental stones  and all the  bad  things  they  broke the game...so  i gues   they  bether  remember   the c5  c4 and try to  make a remake of  l2...have fun all and  god  less us all. Peace.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

If you able to buy enchant scrolls the game is going to get P2W pretty quick :j

• RebellonRebellon Member Posts: 49

There is way to add WASD option in the settings is not the same as most WASD but it works for me

If you search for how to do it you will find some answers.

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

I am very excited about this. Good to know is so soon. 2 weeks to go.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

wow. that was quick. i'll definitely be checking it out when it goes f2p.

• Nhoj1983Nhoj1983 Member UncommonPosts: 185

Thing is most Asian f2p games are copycats to this game.. it's like comparing ROM to WoW.  Still again this game is what you could call a cult classic it wasn't all that popular here in the west though in the east it was a phenominon just like it's predicessor.  There's a lot of people that LOVED their time in this game.  Including me.  Those of us that were part of the "club" can go on and on about the great memories in Aden but it's very different.  Yes it's like Eve or Eve is like Lineage being that (the original) Lineage predates it by years.

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232

My main question would be, after looking at the truly free website, is the client available for DL on that page going to include everything i need to be ready to play on the 30th or do i need to not waste my time at this moment and wait til the 30th?

• spinesplitspinesplit Member Posts: 115

This is my favorite mmo for many reasons. Goddess of Destruction is such a big change though that its practically lineage 3 in my eyes and i cant wait to play it after trying it on the russian servers.

A problem in lineage 2 has always been getting gear without cheating..but they fixed that.. they really have changed the massive grind aswell.

If youre looking for a great game this is it.

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232

So can we download the client  tha'ts on the truly free sight, or should we just wait til the 30th?

• ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391

Originally posted by hail2dathief

So can we download the client  tha'ts on the truly free sight, or should we just wait til the 30th?

You better start doing it now so you won't have to deal with high traffic the 30th. Also, because it patches at a snail's pace.

"Launch date for euro 11/30/2011 "

There be no option to transfer account / character from NCsoft to Innova for european players. As the Ncsoft EU server will be transfered to US, can be i little bit laggy...who knows.