Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sooooo...that timely "beta" invite just came through.

But the problem is, I just bought a game to get me through the next six weeks.

And with such a brief time remaining (41 days), I'm actually considering ignoring the invite and just playing at launch with no "spoilers" for myself.

Insanity?

Ah, looks like it's just a super stress test anyway.  No reason to get excitied.  Back to my other thang!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Comments

• czekoskwigelczekoskwigel Member Posts: 458

Skyrim won't hold you over that long :)

I just got in as well, but I'm only playing the classes that I do not intend to play at launch.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

I'm doing the same, totally forgetting about the beta and starting to play once they open up for the people who preordered.

There's no reason to play the beta-client, getting my character wiped, downloading 27GB etc, when it's only 30 days left before I can start playing the final release.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Nope, not Skyrim.  Oblivion didn't do it for me, doubt Skyrim would.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Originally posted by Icewhite

When I made out with a midget stripper that popped out of my birthday cake, It didn't do it for me. I thought proportionate women wouldn't either, but they did!

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Can you share the game that you are playing now? It could give an insight of what I need to pull over till Australia gets release date.......... =

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• LovableLovable Member Posts: 14

Take a deep breath , take a nap relax watch some movies eventuly it will come :)

• Originally posted by Icewhite

hmm is it skyward sword by any chance?

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

I've received an email to expect another beta invite. I'd love to test the servers and if only to login for a bit and mess around I might download the client. The only thing is I pre-ordered the CE and will get some form of early access in just about 4weeks. So I am debating whether I should take the time to download the huge client just to get erased before launch. I've tried 4 classes already and enjoyed them all  as well as crafting ..etc. Maybe I'll just wait for the real thing this time.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Originally posted by gaou

hmm is it skyward sword by any chance?

Omg I want to get this so bad but I don't have a wii. Better that ocarina of time?!?! Revolutionary?!?! No longer settling for great, and instead settling for absolute perfection?!?!

Where can I rent this masterpiece? I will gladly lay down my life to play.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by BarCrow

I've received an email to expect another beta invite. I'd love to test the servers and if only to login for a bit and mess around I might download the client. The only thing is I pre-ordered the CE and will get some form of early access in just about 4weeks. So I am debating whether I should take the time to download the huge client just to get erased before launch. I've tried 4 classes already and enjoyed them all  as well as crafting ..etc. Maybe I'll just wait for the real thing this time.

Aye I got a notification on the 11th to expect an invite. This was after already  getting in this week ends test. Played for about 6 hrs last night. Watched FB all day, so gonna log on in a sec for an hr or two.

I tell ya what, I can already see I am going to spend 2 to 3 hrs a day at least on this game, and sitting at the PC more than an hr or so makes me hurt. I hurt like Hell today from last nights session. That should say everything.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• troyhicks472troyhicks472 Member Posts: 7

well i understand what most of you are saying, why should i download the game, why should i go and do what ever for some small ammount of time i get to get on

well the answer is this is not really testing the game, this is testing the servers capacity to have accounts loged on and in game, to see if what they build can handle it, thats whta this last test phase is mainly about, its stated that they expect over 500,ooo logins so the fewer people that dont want to try it out do the download and log on its no real stress test, thats why its an EVERYONE INVITED ( asuming they set their account to ( please in vite me to test before 11-11-2011)

as well as if you have this last version of the game client, you will have less to patch once EARLY ACCESS pops up, as well as if you wait to pick up or your pre-order game arives and install

there is a larger article about it

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by troyhicks472

well i understand what most of you are saying, why should i download the game, why should i go and do what ever for some small ammount of time i get to get on

well the answer is this is not really testing the game, this is testing the servers capacity to have accounts loged on and in game, to see if what they build can handle it, thats whta this last test phase is mainly about, its stated that they expect over 500,ooo logins so the fewer people that dont want to try it out do the download and log on its no real stress test, thats why its an EVERYONE INVITED ( asuming they set their account to ( please in vite me to test before 11-11-2011)

as well as if you have this last version of the game client, you will have less to patch once EARLY ACCESS pops up, as well as if you wait to pick up or your pre-order game arives and install

So is it confirmed that this is the final version of the client? So you don't have to download the entire client again? Just patches?

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

Originally posted by xKingdomx

So is it confirmed that this is the final version of the client? So you don't have to download the entire client again? Just patches?

thats what i understand from the OFFICIAL POASTING that i read

Does this announcement mean I can play Star Wars: The Old Republic this weekend (November 11th to 13th)?

No it does not, unless you have a previous testing invite - either to this weekend (November 11th to 13th) or to general Game Testing (ongoing). The Beta Testing Weekend we are referring to will happen within the next few weeks.

When will the Beta Testing Weekend start?

It will happen in the next few weeks. We'll have an announcement on the exact timing closer to the weekend's start.

Will this be the final Beta Testing Weekend?

Currently, we expect it to be.

Will I be able to download the game client in advance of the weekend?

Yes, we will be sending out invites to download the game client in advance of the upcoming weekend.

I logged in to www.swtor.com/tester and there is no download link. Am I still invited to testing?

Yes. The page will change when you are able to download the game client, which will happen closer to the upcoming weekend's start.

I have previously tested Star Wars: The Old Republic. Will I get invited to the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend?

Yes, you will. Every person that is signed up and opted in for Game Testing before November 11th will be invited to the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

I have previously tested Star Wars: The Old Republic and already have the game client. Will I need to re-download the client for the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend?

Yes. The game client has changed substantially since earlier Game Testing phases, and you'll need to re-download it for the upcoming Testing Weekend. If you have been invited to the 11-13th of November Beta Testing Weekend, you will need to patch the game client for the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

Will I need to re-download the game client after the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend, or can I use it during Early Game Access?

You may have to re-download the game client. This will be confirmed after the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

What if I do not live in a launch country for Star Wars: The Old Republic?

As long as you are signed up and opted in for testing, you will be invited to test in the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

What if I have not signed up, or opted in for testing by November 11th?

We are partnering with a number of games media sites worldwide to give away Beta Test Weekend Codes. They are listed in this article. If you receive a code from any of these sites, you will need to sign up on StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com to redeem that code. Further instructions are listed in the post directly below this one.

Should I try and get a key from a media partner, just in case?

If you were already signed up for testing before November 11th, you do not need an additional key. By taking a key, you'll deny someone else a chance to test the game - so please do not apply for a key you will not need!

• 4getting20094getting2009 Member UncommonPosts: 178

No. Bioware hasn't decided yet. Rockjaw was just commenting on this.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

The beta invite might be for an acutal beta tester position, not just a weekend stress test.

Originally posted by godzilr1

The beta invite might be for an acutal beta tester position, not just a weekend stress test.

read your mail again, it dose NOT say for a full posion, it states as a weekend test, there are less that 50 days till launch, as well as early access, why would they offer any one full testing ? severly warped

Originally posted by 4getting2009

ok, so where is this Rockjaw posting this ? got a link to it ? because i searched the Offficial Game Forums and did not find any Rockjaw or any other mention of it. as far as what the Official statements from the site state, is that 1: if you dont have the game client all ready ( in other words have not previously participated in a test ) you need to download it obvious, 2: if you have it from a previous test, it has the ability to download and patch, so no you dont need to erase the game and redownload it, just let it patch. but as we all know when they do this they will continue to bug-fix all the way up to the day/night of Early_Access as well there after, but what they have now is pretty much the whole game as it stands

I have previously tested Star Wars: The Old Republic and already have the game client. Will I need to re-download the client for the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend?

Yes. The game client has changed substantially since earlier Game Testing phases, and you'll need to re-download it for the upcoming Testing Weekend. If you have been invited to the 11-13th of November Beta Testing Weekend, you will need to patch the game client for the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

Will I need to re-download the game client after the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend, or can I use it during Early Game Access?

You may have to re-download the game client. This will be confirmed after the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

• Originally posted by troyhicks472

ok, so where is this Rockjaw posting this ? got a link to it ? because i searched the Offficial Game Forums and did not find any Rockjaw or any other mention of it.

rockjaw is Community Manager Stephen Reid's name on twitter.  i haven't noticed if he mentioned it on there but it was in the faq for the upcoming test he posted on the official forums

StephenReid General Discussion -> Next Beta Testing Weekend - FAQ

• MMOSareDEADMMOSareDEAD Member Posts: 47

I'd try it if I were you. You might not like what you see and later regret buying the game at all.

Although I doubt it since 2 days isn't really long enough for the flaws to start showing.

Still, at least you'll know if the game runs well on your machine or not.

ok, so where is this Rockjaw posting this ? got a link to it ? because i searched the Offficial Game Forums and did not find any Rockjaw or any other mention of it.

rockjaw is Community Manager Stephen Reid's name on twitter.  i haven't noticed if he mentioned it on there but it was in the faq for the upcoming test he posted on the official forums

oh, ok thanks gaou, i apriciate that, i dont follow twitter

• Originally posted by troyhicks472

your welcome and i dont really follow it either except for TOR stuff since every once in while a good nugget of info will make it its way there

your welcome and i dont really follow it either except for TOR stuff since every once in while a good nugget of info will make it its way there

i mainly follow the game site and the facebook page and here, what little there is here that is

just wondering, have you gotten to play ? if so cool for you, im looking forward to what ever weekend the invite is for, just hope the wify that i bounce off of at work is up

just sad that Sony is removing SWG as of dec, havent gotten to check why they are shutting it down yet though, sort of sad though.

looking forward to having a new SW based MMO to play, from what i can tell from the movies and teasers they have set out, i know ill enjoy it, i got the collectors eddition, you ?

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

But the problem is, I just bought a game to get me through the next six weeks.

And with such a brief time remaining (41 days), I'm actually considering ignoring the invite and just playing at launch with no "spoilers" for myself.

Insanity?

Ah, looks like it's just a super stress test anyway.  No reason to get excitied.  Back to my other thang!

Good decision . Why bother, you wont change anything, you will just spoil the full fun of playing uninterupted.

• kerigarkerigar Member UncommonPosts: 73

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by Moaky07

Originally posted by BarCrow

Aye I got a notification on the 11th to expect an invite. This was after already  getting in this week ends test. Played for about 6 hrs last night. Watched FB all day, so gonna log on in a sec for an hr or two.

I tell ya what, I can already see I am going to spend 2 to 3 hrs a day at least on this game, and sitting at the PC more than an hr or so makes me hurt. I hurt like Hell today from last nights session. That should say everything.

I'm right there with you. I never feel the ageing process more acutely than when I just awake for the day or when I get up after playing on the PC for a few or more hours. Oy..my aching back,legs and arse. Don't get me started on my stiff knuckles.The Rolling Stones are correct... it can be a drag  getting old . When I get the official email I'll probably download and play to help with the stress testing. Hopefully I can just patch it to play early release (I can only hope).  Meanwhile I have Skyrim keeping me pleasantly busy. I just became a Werewolf last night. Hope that's not a mistake.lol.