Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: Celebrating 600k with a Player Reward

2»

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by niceguy3978

Originally posted by Zippy

AoC has 4 total NA servers.  Which means they likely have a mx of 1k during prime time per server or 5k total population per server or 20k toal population.  Quite far from the 600k figure they would want people to believe. 

Their direct quote from the announcement is that "more than 600,000 players have tested the free to play version since July"  I don't really read that as them trying to get people to believe they have 600,000 peaple playing.

Yeah. Add that AoC always done better in Europe while WAR did better in US to that.

Still, they ould have said the number of active players as well. I wonder if they are earning more money now or not?

AoC is not a bad game and I wish it all the best, but my problem with the game have always been that it is too small, even if you count in the expansion and the added zones.

So the question is if the F2P players will stay longer than the P2P players did.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

One thing I was very disappointed with this game was the graphics, even running everything on high it did not even come close to what Lotro has.  

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Ozmodan

One thing I was very disappointed with this game was the graphics, even running everything on high it did not even come close to what Lotro has.  

Really? I thought it looks better. particularly the avatars.

But I guess it is a matter of taste (unless you have a crappy GFX card, mine is fine).

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Some people would die if they don't criticize every good game on the market.  AOC is one of few MMO-s worth to play and even today graphic looks amazing and after Rift i think it is best looking game. In fact  i would  give AOC  third place for quality after  wow and eve online.  I think main problem of this game is to slow leveling and they should speed up a little like wow did.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Originally posted by palulalula

Some people would die if they don't criticize every good game on the market.  AOC is one of few MMO-s worth to play and even today graphic looks amazing and after Rift i think it is best looking game. In fact  i would  give AOC  third place for quality after  wow and eve online.  I think main problem of this game is to slow leveling and they should speed up a little like wow did.

its kind of strange that you say its slow to lvl..they do have offline levelling..that means i think that once you reach lvl 30 they give you 1 additional lvl every 4 days to compensate for length of time lvling...basically you can lvl your char to 30,not touch it again and if you add the offline lvls to that character you can take it to lvl 80.without doing 1 quest

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Not for free