Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim - Reactions, Questions, News, Reviews - Post it all Here

Comments

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by skeith138

skyrim is a great game but those anyone know if gamestop is open midnight to get a physical copy?

yes. http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/skyrim-event/

• I'm just waiting until it unlocks on Steam. Until then I'm watching preview videos and the original trailer. I'd say that I can now quote the entire thing, but I could do that within a day of its release all those months ago.

Oooh, and that live action commercial is on again.

• skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

Originally posted by Falcomith

Originally posted by skeith138

skyrim is a great game but those anyone know if gamestop is open midnight to get a physical copy?

yes. http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/skyrim-event/

ty so much for the help.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

Completed main story line in 8 hours. Cities are still zoned though. Still got anouthe 100 hours of sidequestiongn to do though so the fun is far from over.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

Just played it and all the menu options, skill window and even the looting window, feels like i'm playing a console game. Ugly.

Everything else is good, the world is really beautiful.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

It's made for the console no doubt but there are going to be mods out there to made it "better" so, lets bring them on.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by EverSkelly

Just played it and all the menu options, skill window and even the looting window, feels like i'm playing a console game. Ugly.

Agree.

Huge disappointment with the current system, the UI / menues are ruining gameplay. One and a half hour playtime - instead of adapting, I'm hating this system more and more. Feels like FFXIV all over again.

I'll put the whole game aside until some mod makes this playable again. Yup, it's that bad :(

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Just got an update from UPS that my copy is in route, but is still about 5-6hrs away from my city.  Is ok though, cause I have to leave for work at 12:45, get home by 4:30 then sleep, and by the time I wake it should be on my doorstep.  I love Newegg and only paid $48 w/ free shipping too...hehe

PC version FTW, bring on the mods!

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Heh glad I decided to wait on pre-purchasing Skyrim. It may be better than Oblivion in terms of gameplay (thank god) but the terrible UI for PC users is enough reason for me to not buy it. Might be the best game in the world but I am not going to rely on modders to fix a game for cheap developers.

• The good news is if the UI is really as horrible as everyone's saying, the modding community will probably leap on it really quickly. I can't believe how fast those people can come up with their mods. Hopefully I will know firsthand in about <checks watch> 5 minutes. Give or take.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Glad i didn't buy it.

No interest in supporting the development of console games with my money.

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

Originally posted by VoIgore

Glad i didn't buy it.

No interest in supporting the development of console games with my money.

I am sure many will regret purchasing Skyrim after they see what Bethesda did to them.

For those who havent found out yet, or are going to find out the hard way... Bethesda totally UNDER DEVELOPED the rest of the game. The only polish is in the first zone "region" which they heavily marketed at events such as E3. Once you get out to the other farther reaches of the game, such as the city of Windhelm... you see nothing but textured boxes and horrible textures. In short it looks like an LOD model. Half-life 1 quality, no joke. Just look for videos and screenshots of the city.  In short its the usual rushed, half developed garbage they have been serving since Oblivion.

This video was streamed from an Aussie guy who streamed the game the moment he got it (PC). The moment everyone gets this game, go to windhelm and see what Bethesda is serving you in terms of quality. Looks like they got an intern to make it.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Some very disheartening player impressions here, about the UI on the pc and lack of polish after the first area.

So are major gaming sites screwing us over big time with those high review marks?

I found it pretty remarkable how late and how few solid beta previews we've got from the press.

But some mentioned they put in 60 hours for their launch review I believe, yet they still come up with hugely praising reviews.

Would love to read some more player impressions.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

I'm not surprised there is a lot of dissapointment.  People buy into the hype and work themselves up.  I imagine the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  Somethings good, somethings not so good.  Just like every game out there.  Why people continually expect near perfection from these companies blows my mind.

I self identify as a monkey.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Originally posted by Kabaal

Originally posted by vtravi

does anyone know if you can use the 360 gamepad for the PC version. I hear that the controls on keyboard and mouse aren't great so i was hoping to use my PC controler instead.

Yeah you can, been using the 360 controller in it for the past couple of hours. Tbh the game is more suited to it than keyboard and mouse so far.

Some of the textures in the game are shockingly low on PC, hopefully they modders can sort that out soon.

So was last Elders scroll game, The Pc mod community quickly got rid of the shit xbox UI and dexboxed it, and deconsoled it in general. Jus wait for the mod community to fix it.  Controllers are really not the way forward to experience an RPG like Skyrim on the Pc. The mods can't come quick enough, get busy talented modders! Save us from the console drawbacks!

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Originally posted by Netspook

Originally posted by EverSkelly

Agree.

Huge disappointment with the current system, the UI / menues are ruining gameplay. One and a half hour playtime - instead of adapting, I'm hating this system more and more. Feels like FFXIV all over again.

I'll put the whole game aside until some mod makes this playable again. Yup, it's that bad :(

Got my copy coming in the post today, this just confirms that I will indeed install it have a look, but not start playing it until the Pc mods start coming that rip the console guts out of it and replace it with Pc inner core of love.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

So what i'm getting is, they release the game and then let the modding community fix all the problems.

If thats the case why do i feel they are basically shoving the last few months of work off to the customer then charging the same price as others who actually...compelete their games.

I really like open ended games like this where you can explore, but at least finish your game, if the modding community has to manually go in and correct things like UI that don't work and things like that. Then theres a problem, which would be, your not making the game the way you should be.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus Member Posts: 214

Physical copy arrived yesterday, installed it...and there's a bleedin one hour install update from steam! A digital download of the whole game would have not been far off that. Boo

• mrxennonmrxennon Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by bumuscheekus

Physical copy arrived yesterday, installed it...and there's a bleedin one hour install update from steam! A digital download of the whole game would have not been far off that. Boo

Don't know why you got a 1 hr download unless you are exagerating a bit, mine took 5 minutes to download update files. The install took 20 minutes.

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by mrxennon

Originally posted by bumuscheekus

Don't know why you got a 1 hr download unless you are exagerating a bit, mine took 5 minutes to download update files. The install took 20 minutes.

I wish I was exagerating. It could possibly be due to the fact that millions of people are trying to download it at the same time.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Glad I didn't let excitement get the better of me.  Did not preorder this title, even though I've been a fan of the TES series for a long time.

UI = Consolitis

Unpolished game outside starting area

This is very bad IMO.  I was willing to accept the Bethesda norm of buggy releases, but I'm not fond of half-a$$ed releases.  And a piss-poor port to the PC to top it off.  And this is from a company that made its name with PC RPGs.  I guess Bethesda's doing a BioWare.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Well so far im very pleased with game.

Menus are easy and combat with two hands and switching is great i love magic use.

Game world looks beautiful on my PC its realy good admosphere with sounds i love it.

After couple of hours i feel right at HOME a typical Elder Scroll game i love.

I start playing on hardest settings its so far not realy hard but im a ventran player so maybe its bit more easy then new players to game.

I know i will playing for next weeks to come alot of SKYRIM:)

First impression rating 9.5/10 PC version not have seen any bugs so far.

Must have for PC reconmended.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by forest-nl

Well so far im very pleased with game.

Menus are easy and combat with two hands and switching is great i love magic use.

Game world looks beautiful on my PC its realy good admosphere with sounds i love it.

After couple of hours i feel right at HOME a typical Elder Scroll game i love.

I start playing on hardest settings its so far not realy hard but im a ventran player so maybe its bit more easy then new players to game.

I know i will playing for next weeks to come alot of SKYRIM:)

First impression rating 9.5/10 PC version not have seen any bugs so far.

Must have for PC reconmended.

Good to hear a positive impression too. But I'm curious about whether that will last for you.

*hands out carrot*

Now go play some more!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Wasn't it already like this with Oblivion?

I enjoyed Oblivion a hell lot more on my XBOX360, then when I tried it on the PC.

One of the main examples was trying to discard items from your inventory inside dungeons, when you were overencumbered.

Anyone remembering the stupid error you got all the time? While on my XBOX I could just press the X button and be done with it.

Anyone who had seen all the gameplay videos of Skyrim could already see it was highly optimised for Console play.

Let's face it. The game is created for XBOX360, PS3 and PC and releases at the same time.

Developers just don't bother creating an entirely new UI for PC only, because they know most of their sales come from consoles.

You have to thank the piracy for it. A lot of PC players just download straight from Piratebay and play for free! Just go have a look. The fully cracked Skyrim was already available since two days ago.

Check Modern Warfare 3. 10 million copies sold world wide so far. From wich 5 million are from XBOX360 sales. That's half just for XBOX version alone!

Same will be for Skyrim. Most sales will come from XBOX360 and PS3 versions.

They just let the Modding community handling the PC version. Like they always did.

It's the prime reason I pre-ordered an XBOX360 copy of Skyrim and not a PC one!

I am going to enjoy the hell out of Skyrim on my XBOX with 42" flatscreen! :P