Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Man... A FFXI account sold for 1000$

I love FFXI but selling a lvl 70 character for 1000$ bucks is outta control. I love hearing all this news and discussing it with other people that are interested. ::::01::::::01::::::01::

Comments

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

For FFXI here, I'd say $1000 for a level 70 is right on. ::::39::

• SolarSailsSolarSails Member Posts: 5
    Yeah..I remember years ago when a lvl 50 Scout (DAOC) sold for $1700 on ebay lol..in those days scouts and the other archer classes were the kings of RvR. don't know what it's like know, haven't played for several years.
  • KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I remember when digital property for EQlive sold for thousands. Now it is worth pennies.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• sbenixsbenix Member Posts: 70

If you have the money, (I do.) -If you have the money it is very good to pay that money for a lvl 70. lol but think about that... 1000$ THATS ALOT OF MONEY. Its not that much money.. but really.. 1000$

• ObeyObey Member Posts: 3

eww.. ebayers! bad..bad..  hmm, bad!

(sarcasm) I just love playing a game I've been playing for awhile then group with someone like say a cleric from eq, that knows absolutely nothing about their character because they ebayed!(/sarcasm)  Then everyone in group dies because the cleric is a pos.

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

I thought I remember the first Jedi accounts for SWG selling for around $15k

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• Nimrod4154Nimrod4154 Member Posts: 864

http://www.playerauctions.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1105252685
    Hah PWNED. Jeez 1.8 thousand dollars for a freakin account. Why not put that into a car or something? I mean I can understand someone paying 30 or 40 dollars for 50k plat or something but 1.8K THOUSAND DOLLARS. Thats absurd and the fun factor compared to the price is not worth it.

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

Lol, A 59 level guy in EQ... Omg, no thanks.

In old good EQ are only roleplayers, so why should you buy a level 59 char to it for 1.8k... freaky!

• AngryHippieAngryHippie Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by sbenix

I love FFXI but selling a lvl 70 character for 1000$ bucks is outta control. I love hearing all this news and discussing it with other people that are interested. ::::01::::::01::::::01::

They always overbid me. image
  • sygmassygmas Member Posts: 949

Originally posted by Nimrod4154
    http://www.playerauctions.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1105252685
    Hah PWNED. Jeez 1.8 thousand dollars for a freakin account. Why not put that into a car or something? I mean I can understand someone paying 30 or 40 dollars for 50k plat or something but 1.8K THOUSAND DOLLARS. Thats absurd and the fun factor compared to the price is not worth it.

Not that I buy any shit off ebay but you cant say the fun factor doesnt match up because, for the people who buy these things -- it does, thats why they express that with their wallet and pay these prices.

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Ahh. This is nothing. I personally know of a story about an AC1 account being sold for 3K.

Items on there use to be sold for 1k a piece (Pre-Patch Greater Shadow Amuli).

As well as one of my brother's buddies was once offered...Hrm...I think round 20K or so for his account early on.

Crazy stuff...

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• garrison13garrison13 Member Posts: 97
    If I had that sort of money I'd be travelling the world or something (although I would have my laptop with me image )
  • JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Ooh.  I wonder if SquareSoft has the same server as SOE.

Where you can email saying your account was hacked, that you need your password changed and get it back!

People who sold their Jedi accounts from Star Wars Galaxies would sell their Jedi for 3000$+, wait a while, email SOE saying their password has changed and email is invalid, SOE would then change the email back to the original owner's email, email a new password, then get your account back and be 3000$ richer!

Imagine selling your Level 70 character on Ebay, asking SquareSoft to change back the password and change back to your email... woah!

Selling MMORPG accounts is so wrong.  It's too easy to get it stolen.  I mean once you get the positive feedback on Ebay, who cares what happens afterwards! :)

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783

Originally posted by Johnark
    Ooh. I wonder if SquareSoft has the same server as SOE.
    Where you can email saying your account was hacked, that you need your password changed and get it back!
    People who sold their Jedi accounts from Star Wars Galaxies would sell their Jedi for 3000$+, wait a while, email SOE saying their password has changed and email is invalid, SOE would then change the email back to the original owner's email, email a new password, then get your account back and be 3000$ richer!
    Imagine selling your Level 70 character on Ebay, asking SquareSoft to change back the password and change back to your email... woah!
    Selling MMORPG accounts is so wrong. It's too easy to get it stolen. I mean once you get the positive feedback on Ebay, who cares what happens afterwards! :)

that's called fraud, and you go to a federal pound-you-in-the-ass prison for that stuff.

• ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947

Lack of a life?

To much money?

Both?

Or just plainly stupid?

I cant understand... ehy do ppl buy such things? Whats the big deal? Don't these guys know that money is hard to get? Or isn't it at all? I just plainly shocked... If I had anything near 1000$ I would upgrade my PC, go out more often, spare for my future 10th hand auto :D.... But I would never spend it on a 1337 p////z0R lvl70 char... and the people who sell the things are eccualy dumb if they cant understand theyre abusing sick people..... Damn image

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
    Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

• sbenixsbenix Member Posts: 70

very true Johark.

The people that buy those account only plan on playing a lvl 70 charater or whatever the lvl its char(s)
    have. They have no idea that somebody can take the account back. Even when it comes to games their is ways people can go to jail. -ps I really like reading your forums Johark. (Especially because of your picture. lol.)

-SBENIX

• webBear1000webBear1000 Member Posts: 301

You've gotta be some sort ot twat to splash out that sorta money on an MMORPG character.

I'de blow it cocaine and prostitutes myself image

----------------------------------
    Don't jump off the roof Dad
    You'll make a hole in the yard

• webBear1000webBear1000 Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by rentantilus

Originally posted by webBear1000

I'de blow it cocaine and prostitutes myself

Except, of course, for the fact that you're 19, you live in the suburbs, and you've never even SEEN cocaine or prostitutes, let alone know where to get them or how much they actually cost.

Except, of course,  for the fact that I'm 36, live on a council estate and spent more than ten years after school into heavy drug and alcohol abuse before I straigtened myself out and got a job, girlfriend, car and house.

Oh! and there's a brothel called Pussycats about 2 mins walk from where I live.

Your right. I've got no idea how much uncle charles is these days but I got an assisted shower at Pussycats for £70 though.

Believe it or not rentantilus, your not the only one who's had or has a life.

And for gods sake get a sense of humour man.

Don't jump off the roof Dad
    You'll make a hole in the yard

• RammurRammur Member Posts: 575
    I think Buying someone elses character regaurdless of the situation is a disgrace to gamers and moronic.Take a little pride and work your own damn characters up or rebuild them up.Ebayers are whats ruinin todays MMORPG's well today they are just plain simply MMO's the morons out there ruined the RPG element to the online communitys so not much use playin anymore.