Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The truth about the fee's.

If you are a teenager that absolutley loves to play MMORPG's I say we are all wasting our money.
I love MMORPG's like FFXI, EQ, DAC , WoW, and so do alot of others. When we are older and we realized how much of our money is spent on these games you would be like........ "If I hadent of spent all that...." but oh-well lets have fun!!!

-SBENIX

Comments

• darkmandarkman Member UncommonPosts: 767

If you are having fun, it isn't wasting your money. That's like saying if you spend your money on sports equipment, going to the movies, going out to eat occasionally, buying a game, you're saying all of these things are a waste of money? MMORPG's (to this community at least) is not a waste of money, it's an investment for entertainment, just like someone else would spend money on a CD or sports or something along those lines.

• sbenixsbenix Member Posts: 70

Yes. You are definetly right there. And espesially if you have the money for these games. If you have the money then it is no matter and you wouldint need to complain againts anything like that. Im glade. I have the money for them.

-SBENIX

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

you cant take your money with you when you die...i say spend it how you see fit, and enjoy yourself. dont worry about whether this or that "is a waste of money".

Lol yeah definetly true as well. Everybody always thinks they should save it and spend it on something good... by the time you know it that money will be wasted and it will be your time to die.

-SBENIX

• LreguizrLreguizr Member Posts: 207

Fees are needed in order to keep a commercial mmo alive.

Without fees, the game won't survive.

Yes, thats true. I hate they way idiots always say that japanese are just trying to get our money. I think Japanese are not that kind of people. They are not like Americans.

• ObeyObey Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by sbenix

Yes, thats true. I hate they way idiots always say that japanese are just trying to get our money. I think Japanese are not that kind of people. They are not like Americans.

You are trying to say that multi million dollar Japanese companies are not greedy?  ...  ...  I think ya need to get your head out of the sand, kid.
  • DarkbackwardDarkbackward Member Posts: 115

Originally posted by jayheld90

you cant take your money with you when you die...i say spend it how you see fit, and enjoy yourself. dont worry about whether this or that "is a waste of money".

Your opinion would be respected if you didn't have that eq2 sig.

Type Seed Game into your search engine. Go to the game's website and learn about it. It may be the best game you've continued to ignore.

this is a cool chat of fee's. lol

this is a cool chat of fee's. lol

pointless chat of fees......

Type Seed Game into your search engine. Go to the game's website and learn about it. It may be the best game you've continued to ignore.

HAHA thats funny.... the only reason why i put that last pointless piece of crap was because i just wanted this topic to get one of the hot-signs on the menu. lol

-sbenix

Well That classifies as spam.

oops.. srry.......

• WorfWorf Member Posts: 264

I'm an adult and don't have ANY money to throw away.

So, as for me, the Pay to Play games are out of the question.

I can afford 2 or 3 really good games a year.

Can't see paying to play an online only game for perhaps 9 months and then losing the account for lack on money. With this in mind, I couldn't afford ANY games a year.

Everything else I play is free.

The "Pay ONCE - Play for a long time" Model appeals to me especially on my limited (for now) budget.

I'm really not against the free enterprise marketplace but gee when is the overpriced pay to play stuff going to come down to a realistic price?

The ONLY game that I'd consider paying to play is run into the ground by "Sony Online Entertainment"... (or should we call it "Sony OFFLINE Entertainment"?)

DOH!

::::07::

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

Originally posted by Darkbackward
    Originally posted by jayheld90
    you cant take your money with you when you die...i say spend it how you see fit, and enjoy yourself. dont worry about whether this or that "is a waste of money".Your opinion would be respected if you didn't have that eq2 sig.

is there something wrong with EQ2? something that makes my opinion completely invalid...oh yeah... there isnt. why dont you try NOT being a jerk, try being constructive instead of critical for once.

• Mendoza-EBMendoza-EB Member Posts: 9

Actually unless you are uying crap for acc on Ebay, as you get older its not the money you complain about but rather the amount of time you spent playing the games. Because the way I like at it the 6+ yrs of UO i played + the almost 2 yrs of SB fees Im still gettin I make that amount of money in under 1 month so. But the amount of time I used playing those games I oculd have been making alot more money or doing other things.

• BhazirBhazir Member Posts: 321

Even with my 2 subscriptions I pay less then my brother each month. And my brother just do some fitness. Next to my 2 subscription I have the usual costs like rent, loans and food/drinks. I even do some sport, but that is completely free (that is our policy in the club). The prices aren't that high if you see to some other forms of entertainement. Go a few times to the movie and you pay more then playing 1 month a MMORPG and you pay for a full month 24/7, you get entertainment and even support.

I don't see it as a waste of money, but just a small fee for my entertainment. I pay more for the internet connection and the CC then on the games itself :::^b::

"If all magic fails, rely on three feet of steel and a strong arm"

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

its not the money you will think in some years, its the waste of time you played maybe some games u could do something better than sitting in front of the pc and playing a silly game whats only average.

• BhazirBhazir Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by spizz
    its not the money you will think in some years, its the waste of time you played maybe some games u could do something better than sitting in front of the pc and playing a silly game whats only average.
    then I have wasted 15 years in swimming as well? I know how to swim and have to say I like it occansionally but not on regular base of 2-3 times a weak. Same as fishing for 4-5 years. I don't know what you call a waste of time. Indeed MMORPG consume lots of time, but some other entertainment as well. If you go to a movie you waste 2 hours just watching. I don't think time is wasted when you enjoy it. It isn't the past or the future that counts, it is the enjoyment you have at the current time.

And now I have wasted enough times to type in an answer and my boss thinks the same ::::39::

"If all magic fails, rely on three feet of steel and a strong arm"

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

There was a time in our family it was not that unusal for us to have 5 + mmorpgs going at one time

Twice in the same game where as a family we played different accounts , and as time went on in each case it usualy dwinled down to one or two over a period of time.

However in the last round of new ones we also tried that ,but with one account each. At the end of each free trial one we cancled, one we waited an additional month then cancled that one.

The fee is the axcess to the game, if it is not fun or we find it boring at some point it is much easier to cancle now then it use to be. It is very unlikely we will ever have 3 + more accounts per game from this point on.

With the rise of fees almost as much as basic cable if you go for two accounts, the game has to hold our attention and be fun for us to continue ...................

So yes the higher fees affected us by not having as many accounts, and letting go quicker of games we may be on the fence about or waiting for the improvements we expect to happen to come......

I just wish that the Canadian price for MMORPG's was lower. For me to play FFXI I have to spend 21.00$ monthly. If anyone knows a way that could make it so I payed the american price of 9.00$ or 10.00 or whatever it is I would like that. I do realize that American-Canadian money will be higer or lower because of the money accquired in jobs. So yes, please tell me if there is a way for me to start paying the US doller of the fee. ps- I hope i spelt (accquired) right.::::37::

-SBENIX

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

It's a hell of a lot cheaper to have 3 MMOG accounts active in a month than it is to buy a new title each month. When I consider that I usually complete new games in a week, and I always am gaming, I would normally spend between $100-200 a month if I wasn't spending my time playing MMOGs.

The moral of the story is: $15 for a month's worth of entertainment is dirt cheap.

• RammurRammur Member Posts: 575

If you are a teenager that absolutley loves to play MMORPG's I say we are all wasting our money.
    I love MMORPG's like FFXI, EQ, DAC , WoW, and so do alot of others. When we are older and we realized how much of our money is spent on these games you would be like........ "If I hadent of spent all that...." but oh-well lets have fun!!!
    -SBENIX

Now if ya look at it thats was the dumbiest thing anyone has ever said about MMORPG's I bet alot of you smoke ok.Well guess what when ya get older you will see MMORPG's are actually cheaper what normally a decent MMORPG like 12-15 bucks a month? ya relize smokers pay a good 50+ dollars a month to support their habbit.Well online gaming pretty much the same its my habit  and it cheaper than smoking and a bit more healthier than smokin.So there you have it.All gaming is is a addictive habit.
  • XavonXavon Member Posts: 334

Tip of the Day-
    Put it on your computer illeterate Mother's credit card, then when she sees in on her bill, tell her its a surcharge from your ISP which alows faster internet conenction.

She should the say 'oh, alright', and walk of, trying to rememember when and why she agreed to pay it.