Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WWII Online is it worth another look?

Got an email from cornered rat software.  Years ago I really enjoyed wwII online.  Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the game is like now.  Thanks.

Comments

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

I've played it for seven years - through thick or thin. Says that it still ticks my boxes.  They have done work on code that has left some issues with server stability. Give it a month and then I'd say you might want to have a look to see if its for you again.

Sonic - a heads up if your following this thread - they have worked a fair more few of the server issues they were having out of the game.

Still getting there as regards some other bits and pieces but the server is <crosses fingers> much more stable now. There was a point where it was a real showstopper (if you like doing 30 minute plus driving or flying across the map).

• merc88merc88 Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Sonictempal

Got an email from cornered rat software.  Years ago I really enjoyed wwII online.  Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the game is like now.  Thanks.

NO, it isn't.

merc88

• Angelkiss781Angelkiss781 Member Posts: 22

I just resubbed. Started playing allied, and it's got me glued to the screen. So yes give it another go.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Originally posted by merc88

NO, it isn't.

merc88

Im thinking of getting back in for a while, Ive had fun with the game a few months ago, now that I have some free time Im probably going to sub up again.   

• Angelkiss781Angelkiss781 Member Posts: 22

Good man - and spread the word brother. The more the marrier. Look me up ingame - tautu.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

Everytime I resub (back when I resubbed) that first week back is unbelieveable.  Every kill is such a rush.  But after that first week or two I'm reminded why I unsubbed in the first place.  Every battle is the same.  AI is still in the game for some reason.  Infantry play is still the clunky mess it has ever been.  Add to that the terrible lag which gives the advantage to the moving player vs the stationary one, delayed kills and simultaneous kills.  Then you look at the map and actually count the players on your side at primetime and realize BF3 has more players per battle.  

All of that for $18 a month?  

And if you act now you'll get 100% more ctds!

no thank you.

• ScottmanScottman Member Posts: 62

LMAO

1) If you like thinking your hidden in high grass in major bush and behind rocks as conceled just to have a player with the "famous no bush BUG" snipe you like YOUR OUT IN THE OPEN FIELD STANDING UP holding a big white shoot me sign ...then this game is for YOU

2) If your inside a ab bunker and a Enemy tank shoots you cause he can see through walls and berms ....then this game is for you

3) If you think that the HC that is supposed to serve the player base instead undermines your playtime instead is good for customer relations .....then this game is for you

CRS and the HC see nothing wrong with blaming its paying subscribers for their problems when THEY not us are the cause

SO no short answer is NO ww2online/battleground europe is NOT worth a second look its worth a drive by ...not a secondlook

F CRS .....and Fx2 times the HC

Don't let bitter players spoil YOUR fun.

Try it and see - now with:

Amerikans!

Improved HE!

• ScottmanScottman Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Stug

Amerikans!

Improved HE!

Also in the same breath dont let fanbois drown out what LONG TIME subscribers have to say about the game

http://csr.wwiionline.com/scripts/services/personas.jsp?mid=714185

Check my enlisted year of 2002 @ one time I had as many as 3 active accounts running till I started cutting back due to the state of the game

Btw feel free to check out the unit tab and career stats that I have put up im quite proud of killing so many as an infantry in a world made for tanks and planes (well I think I did good anyway

Amerikans!

Improved HE!

Less players!

Originally posted by rendus

Amerikans!

Improved HE!

Less players!

"Hey everyone...! Don't try this game because there aren't enough people playing!"

Logic fail - you should say:

"This game needs players - support it!"

Originally posted by rendus

Amerikans!

Improved HE!

Less players!

"Hey everyone...! Don't try this game because there aren't enough people playing!"

Logic fail - you should say:

"This game needs players - support it!"

I can't in good conscience recommend this game to anybody.  Dwindling playerbase, expensive subscription, dated graphics, latency issues, ctds, poor performance, etc etc.

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89

Comon  man not that expensive... You commit for a year it's around 50 cents a day or so... In Pacman, 50 cents get's your ass handed to you TWICE by a ghost.  That don't sound that expensive to me.

Originally posted by wrath04

Comon  man not that expensive... You commit for a year it's around 50 cents a day or so... In Pacman, 50 cents get's your ass handed to you TWICE by a ghost.  That don't sound that expensive to me.

commit  for a year.   I'm not doing that with any game, much less this one!

But they've introduced some more afforable subscirption options so my point is moot.

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

Hahahahaha Rendus.

You are still sooo hooked on the game, you are just angry for some reason.

You remind me of the scorn boyfriend who claims to hate his ex-girlfriend, but still obsesses about her.

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167

RUN!

Don't waste your time.

$17.99 per month or FREE TO PLAY......this explains a lot.  Don't need to be a college professor to read the writing.  They are on their last leg and continue to BEG, MISLEAD, and TRICK PEOPLE into supporting this game.

They've made/have more bitter PREVIOUS customers then they have current PAYING customers.

FTP is a waste.  You are merely cannon fodder for the deep pocket game supporters (drones) to fire upon and feel better about themselves. 

ARMA is free to play and will save you tons of money down the road.  AND the graphics are better then WWIIOL.

• EzrelayEzrelay Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by axishatr

RUN!

Don't waste your time.

$17.99 per month or FREE TO PLAY......this explains a lot.  Don't need to be a college professor to read the writing.  They are on their last leg and continue to BEG, MISLEAD, and TRICK PEOPLE into supporting this game.

They've made/have more bitter PREVIOUS customers then they have current PAYING customers.

FTP is a waste.  You are merely cannon fodder for the deep pocket game supporters (drones) to fire upon and feel better about themselves. 

ARMA is free to play and will save you tons of money down the road.  AND the graphics are better then WWIIOL.

lol Awww bit salty.  I see alot of this when  folks(in your case  child) cant handle getin there arse habded to them.......then they run to a forum like this a scream bloddy murder.

The gane absolutely rocks.......be quite honest a smuck like yourself. Seen them come and seen them go. Dont need your type anyways.

For those who want the best a WWII online sim can bring I dare you to come try the new free to play option. You wont be disappointed.

• maxiozmaxioz Member Posts: 16
    9.99 $ for a basic sub, or play for free for as long as you want :).
  • wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89

Yeah this Game is one of the BEST! and worth another try.

Plus nothing at all to lose since it is free to try.

I wouldn't mislead you like some of these other "don't-waste-your-time-posters"

It's Great to have an opinion on something, good or bad. But when you flat out lie about a game you clearly know nothing about then you are just spinning your wheels.

So now I will attempt to turn the lies into truth,here goes...

LIE: Every battle is the same. TRUTH: No it is not, I am in the battles,I know this to be untrue.

The rules are the same from one battle to the next is about the only thing you can say to that. But every battle is something different no matter what your role is.  AND your role in battle can be different every time. You have to see it to believe it.

LIE: $18 a month!  TRUTH: Not unless you want it to be.

There are a whole host of payment plans to choose as well as the FREE to play option!  I choose to pay 12.99 a month when I commit for a year to pay monthly, myself...I believe this to be a great deal.

LIE: More ctds!  TRUTH: Less ctd's, in fact I get alot less than I used to and almost none... this isn't really an issue for most players!

This is comming from a guy who almost changed his name to ctd I'd get em so often, I used to ctd over 5 times a session just a few years ago so I do know what i'm talking about on this subject.

LIE:Less players!  TRUTH: Plenty of players, defending or attacking

There's  PLENTY of players online most of the time , yes there are times the pop is low, but nowdays that don't last long before there's more action than you can ask for. Huge battles for the most part, especially since F2P started. Jump in and find out for yourself , more than likely you will see the targets are plentiful :)

There are things in this game that aren't Perfect no doubt about it. Are there thing's I'd like to see changed/improved? Sure is.

Are there enough things wrong with this game that It shouldn't be given a chance as stated by others? Now I wouldn't be here if there were, and I'll go as far as to say the people who tell you it isn't worth a try are dead WRONG.

If you like fps war games ...if you like pvp action unlike anything around...If you yourself ARE NOT PERFECT and do not wish to be around anyone who is....This game might be for you. If not then ask one of these haters what they play, bet it's not perfect either. Sometimes with Strong Opinions come truth...sometimes not... Always better to find out the truth on your own IMO.

Hope to see you in game!

• maxiozmaxioz Member Posts: 16

Good post Wrath *thumbs up*!

S!

• SartoriussSartoriuss Member UncommonPosts: 30

People, if you look at population in game, you see, that game need covering by players from India and Philippines, imho.
    Who knows good gameforums in India and Phillippines ?

Post those links here, then players with good English and manners can posting there about WWIIOL and even about F2P (though i have some doubts about playability as F2P in low population timezones).

• makifmakif Member Posts: 5

Good points Wrath.

This game always worth a try. There is no other game of this complexity and realism. But one must have patience in this game :D

• TenBlueTenBlue Member Posts: 93
    What's lowpop tz like now?  I used to play a while ago (was in 1775th) but that was when I was living in england.  I've moved over to the far east now, is it any good for this tz or is it 5 guys and a tank on the whole server?
  • depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    They had 18 people on the other night fot TZ3.  18.  That was counted on both sides.