Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Norn Wear-form (s)?

zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

I just got done watching the gamescom trailer. I noticed in one of the scence (short) 4 Norn walking in formation,the video fades for a second and when it comes back each one had a different Wear-form: Bear,tiger,wolf,and owl/hippogriff looking one. Will the Norn Be able to choose a form to change into?

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Yes. The Norn spirit forms are racial elite skills.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

TY! lol ya shortly after posting this i Finally found some info >.<

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Such a great elite skill when you think abou it. Kind of like the Dervish forms in GW.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Originally posted by marzatplay

Such a great elite skill when you think abou it. Kind of like the Dervish forms in GW.

The forms looks kinda stupid to me, I would much rather have a half transformation where you used you'r current weapons with different/Imporved skills.

• F2PMMOF2PMMO Member UncommonPosts: 122

If only the Raven Norn could fly when transformed.....

But I'm looking forward to the first encounter with a giant walking black bird, since I'm always in for a good laughter.

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

As has been mentioned, the Norn have four patron spirits whom they worship, and in return they gain the gifts of those spirits: Wolf, Snow Leopard, Bear, and Raven. Those forms take the shape of an elite skill, you will choose one patron spirit to follow, but you will be able to use all four skills (with one equipped at any given time, that is). It's possible that the patron spirit you've chosen may have an eventual impact on which of those is strongest, but I don't believe they've commented on that.

I believe the forms will operate in a similar manner to Guild Wars. They'll change your appearance, the abilities on your bar, and they'll worked as a timed buff with a cooldown that activates when it runs out. So it'll most likely provide a burst of strength on the battlefield rather than being permanent toggles (as that would be hard to balance). Again though, I can't say for sure on this, it's just speculation.

I also think, seeing some of the pictures, that they've given the Norn forms a bit of a visual makeover since we saw them last. The Norn bear form looked more fur-covered than it did in the Races of Tyria trailer, anyway, for one.

That's about all the information I can think of to offer.