Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dupes in - server down

2»

Comments

• PicklebeastPicklebeast Member Posts: 273

Originally posted by stonestink

Originally posted by username509

To the people that think you can only hold 300g on you at one time you are wrong. Just like you are wrong if you think you can not have another yellow flagged character after a certain amount of time.

How much gold can a trial account carry?  Fraps video with version stamp please.  (do /version or something like that)  All new characters created start out with a yellow flag even if you already have a blue or red flagged account.  

Oh God It's official.  Someone did die with 30kgold.  

http://sandboxer.org/?p=231

Yeah because I am dumb enough to post on a site a video showing how to work around game mechanics??  Isn't there a rule about that??  If you want to know how get a yellow and a bunch of gold nd play around you will find it.

The yellow flag can be replicated many times on a single account

I know for a FACT that (as of two months ago anyhow) a Yellow Flag CAN certainly be replicated many times on a single account... I did NOT know that the Gold limit could be "worked around" but I believe it. 

SV are incompetent programers with no real test team at all AND when faced with dupes/bugs/exploits they will try to HIDE and COVER UP the info rather than "FIX" the dupe/bug/exploit. Once it is so well known to the comunity that "pretending it doesnt exist" is no longer an option, SV "pretends" to have "just learned about this" and goes all out trying to fix the problem.

What about the "super secret" anti cheating detection system Henrick has told us about? What about the item tracking database???? Obviously MORE lies on top of an already incredible pile of lies. 

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I was very interested in the game, but the seemingly lack of quality control on patches and cheating turned me off.  I can put up with buggy, as I played through Vanguards bad launch and loved the game, but it seemed a little much for me, from what I read atleast on here...So I never did play it.

I like what they are trying to do, and who knows, maybe if they get everything working correctly, they can put out some new servers that start from scratch or something....I would be willing to check it out then, if they get things corrected.

• MordragMOMordragMO Member Posts: 136

Originally posted by Picklebeast

What about the "super secret" anti cheating detection system Henrick has told us about? What about the item tracking database???? Obviously MORE lies on top of an already incredible pile of lies. 

Henrik.. good old charming Henrik. If he isn't a sociopath, then they don't exist. You're only seeing this from the customer perspective, imagine working for him. We don't know him personally but let's see what we can tell from his work and online appearance so far...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder#Diagnosis

1. failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest; ....check. (The billing fiasco, the box version fiasco, the stock incident,.. the list goes on.)

2. deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure; ....check. (Compulsive liar. Couldn't pick a sentence where he didn't lie.)

3. impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead; ....check.

4. irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults; ...can't tell from here. Not bothering to check his forum posts.

5. reckless disregard for safety of self or others; ....check. (risks other people's jobs all the time.)

6. consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations; ....check.

7. lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another; ....check.

I love point 6 from the ICD checklist too:

6. Markedly prone to blame others or to offer plausible rationalizations for the behavior bringing the subject into conflict. Bahaha.

Someone should just ask him if he's a sociopath. Hilarity would ensue in an instant. His father, his investors, his workers and his customers are all his victims. His fanboys have been mentally trapped into fighting for him. Henrik Nystrom is not a real human.

Originally posted by MordragMO

Originally posted by Picklebeast

Henrik.. good old charming Henrik. If he isn't a sociopath, then they don't exist. You're only seeing this from the customer perspective, imagine working for him. We don't know him personally but let's see what we can tell from his work and online appearance so far...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder#Diagnosis

1. failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest; ....check. (The billing fiasco, the box version fiasco, the stock incident,.. the list goes on.)

2. deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure; ....check. (Compulsive liar. Couldn't pick a sentence where he didn't lie.)

3. impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead; ....check.

4. irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults; ...can't tell from here. Not bothering to check his forum posts.

5. reckless disregard for safety of self or others; ....check. (risks other people's jobs all the time.)

6. consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations; ....check.

7. lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another; ....check.

I love point 6 from the ICD checklist too:

6. Markedly prone to blame others or to offer plausible rationalizations for the behavior bringing the subject into conflict. Bahaha.

Someone should just ask him if he's a sociopath. Hilarity would ensue in an instant. His father, his investors, his workers and his customers are all his victims. His fanboys have been mentally trapped into fighting for him. Henrik Nystrom is not a real human.

I agree but feel his Father is a sociopath as well- After seeing his Son run this company into the ground, lie, cheat and use every shady buisness practice which would make a used car salesman  cringe- He should have been removed as CEO. Daddy doesnt care about all the people who were duped into buying stock and have lost their ass due to his sons incompetence- Daddy just wants his son to play CEO at any expense .

• stonestinkstonestink Member Posts: 22

I just read this in the forums it is a little more info about the found 30k gold. I guess someone accidently got it in the mail due to a bug. The dude reported it and SV let him keep 5k of the bugged gold. I am glad I unsubbed because that just seems really wrong to me. I think it is really cool that he reported it. But since it is duped gold should he be able to keep any of it. I think not. SInce SV has a so called "item dupe database thing" won't that 5k gold come up as flagged? That does not make sence to me letting someone keep 5k of ill gotten gold.

Am I the only person that thinks this is a little bit wrong?  5k is a lot of money in the game this guy can now go out and buy a keep deed if he wanted.  

• MOfreshnewsMOfreshnews Member Posts: 4

I just read this in the forums it is a little more info about the found 30k gold. I guess someone accidently got it in the mail due to a bug. The dude reported it and SV let him keep 5k of the bugged gold. I am glad I unsubbed because that just seems really wrong to me. I think it is really cool that he reported it. But since it is duped gold should he be able to keep any of it. I think not. SInce SV has a so called "item dupe database thing" won't that 5k gold come up as flagged? That does not make sence to me letting someone keep 5k of ill gotten gold.

Am I the only person that thinks this is a little bit wrong?  5k is a lot of money in the game this guy can now go out and buy a keep deed if he wanted.  

this has been confirmed.

• MordragMOMordragMO Member Posts: 136

I just read this in the forums it is a little more info about the found 30k gold. I guess someone accidently got it in the mail due to a bug. The dude reported it and SV let him keep 5k of the bugged gold.

From any other company, I'd want to see a detailed explanation of that bug before I believe it. In the case of SV, I'll simply call this a lie right away.

Originally posted by MordragMO

I just read this in the forums it is a little more info about the found 30k gold. I guess someone accidently got it in the mail due to a bug. The dude reported it and SV let him keep 5k of the bugged gold.

From any other company, I'd want to see a detailed explanation of that bug before I believe it. In the case of SV, I'll simply call this a lie right away.

It was discussed in this thread.  http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/68401-im-quit-mortal-online.html  The person posting about it and anyone talking about it got deleted.  I assume SV wants to keep it on the QT. 

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Again ?  It seems we get these kinda of thread every months now.  This game is beyond redemption, they should just admit they fail at everything and just shut it down once and for all.  

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Originally posted by Aguitha

Again ?  It seems we get these kinda of thread every months now.  This game is beyond redemption, they should just admit they fail at everything and just shut it down once and for all.  

Until there is a better option than Mortal, we will keep putting market pressure on them via outside forums like MMORPG.  Right now I don't know of that option and still manage to have some fun in game despite the bugs.  It's not a good option, but it's the only one for me right now.

If you know another MMO that is:

1.  Forced first person

2.  Full loot

3.  Instance-less world

4.  Dynamic stats and skills that have caps and can be changed at any time.

5.  No tab targetting

...then great.  Darkfall 2.0 should be the solution to 4 out of 5 (no first person), and once that is live I might be cancelling my Mortal sub for the forseeable future.

They do fail pretty bad though, I'm not arguing that point.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by psykobilly

Originally posted by Aguitha

Until there is a better option than Mortal, we will keep putting market pressure on them via outside forums like MMORPG.  Right now I don't know of that option and still manage to have some fun in game despite the bugs.  It's not a good option, but it's the only one for me right now.

If you know another MMO that is:

1.  First person

2.  Full loot

3.  Instance-less world

4.  Dynamic stats and skills that have caps and can be changed at any time.

5.  No tab targetting

...then great.  Darkfall 2.0 should be the solution to 4 out of 5 (no first person), and once that is live I might be cancelling my Mortal sub for the forseeable future.

They do fail pretty bad though, I'm not arguing that point.

Darkfall has first person, not forced first person like MO but it does have it.  I'm not sure if you mean DFO2.0 wont have first person or if it doesnt have first person like MO.

Originally posted by marinrider

Darkfall has first person, not forced first person like MO but it does have it.  I'm not sure if you mean DFO2.0 wont have first person or if it doesnt have first person like MO.

I mean forced first person.  In Darkfall you can go into Melee mode to look around corners, over hills, do your banking, your vendor purchases, etc.  In Mortal you have true stealth - you can't be seen hiding behind a hill, or around a corner.  You can rob someone at a vendor without them knowing you are even there.  That aspect is way more hardcore than Darkfall.

Add local banking to my list above, another feature where Mortal has it right and Darkfall doesn't, in my opinion.

BTW they are talking about adding 3rd person to archery and magic in DF 2.0 which is a step in the wrong direction for me.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/68461-recent-patch-update.html#post1228783

News in:  11 accounts banned.

They did something... hooray.

they SAID they banned 11 accounts.

SV have said plenty that ended up being nothing but lip service and lies.

I wonder if they will give those "banned" accounts the chance to get a new name and some starting gold- Wait, sice no names were ever listed, they dont have to- You have to just "trust them".

• PeckusPeckus Member Posts: 138

They had to, its was too public. :)

Spamming "Post Report" Tool
    ...but if you spam or abuse the report tool, penalties will apply.

You of all people should know they have no way of detecting who duped or not, or how many thousands of golds and materials is in the system now.  How many of those 11 were dupe account to transfer duped items into tjhe world.  No one knows how long THIS dupe has been going on.