Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Outside the Box: Skyrim Cometh

13»

Comments

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

I cant wait for this game! image

***Raises plunger in slaute to bethesda!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by wormywyrm

Simply said the Elderscrolls series is AMAZING.  I find it amazingly disappointing that no MMO can still reproduce even the older openness of elder scroll games.  It is rather pathetic.

I agree.  I still play Morrowind on a regular basis.  Oblivion I sort of burnt out on.  Played it to death one summer and never quite recovered the appeal with it.

Looking forward to Skyrim, and plan on using that as an excuse to build a new system.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by byson123

Originally posted by Timacek

it would be perfect sandbox MMO, just think about it

No thanks. I dont want the series to be ruined by turning it into some shitty MMO.

Don't worry. Bethesda recently said they have no interest in making an Elder Scrolls MMO anytime soon explicitly because of this.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

Originally posted by DarkPony

Originally posted by kingtofu

im still buying the game at launch cause it looks friggin awesome, but 200yrs in the future with little technological improvements strikes me as odd.

That's cool. But another thing: if you look at our own history (in Europe that is), you'd see that nothing really changed much between the 1st and 10th century either.

edit: Maybe because we happen to live our lives in a time of industrial, technological and digital revolutions we think progress should be so fast.

You know that '1st to 10th Century' thing is completely wrong, right?  

There are periods where 200 years might not have made much difference, but they were pretty much in a period called the Dark Ages.  There's actually a chance for a lot of retrograde action there as well.  Roman custom and looks changed considerably over 200 year chunks, especially militarily.  The Imperials were sometimes compared to the Romans in Elder Scrolls, though from Oblivion you wouldn't particularly know why.

Reusing assets.  Bethesda was just being cheap. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Arglebargle

There are periods where 200 years might not have made much difference, but they were pretty much in a period called the Dark Ages.  There's actually a chance for a lot of retrograde action there as well.  Roman custom and looks changed considerably over 200 year chunks, especially militarily.  The Imperials were sometimes compared to the Romans in Elder Scrolls, though from Oblivion you wouldn't particularly know why.

I don't see how you have made that conclusion considering nothing really looks reused, there may be carry-over such as elven armor but it is most certianly a new model being used for it.

Anyway what does human history and "looks changing" have to do with the TES series? Why must people try and place real world custom to the make believe, just so they can argue about something or criticize? What happened over 200 years in the lore is what Bethesda says happened in the lore, that's the bottomline..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• uller30uller30 Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Good bye social life HELLLO MAN cave
  • JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

So excited for this game but why is this being featured on MMORPG.com?

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Jakard

So excited for this game but why is this being featured on MMORPG.com?

For the same reason that D3 is on this site. They are branching out.  And it says "Outside the Box."  In other words, slow news day  (and a lot of us here are excited for it!)

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Arglebargle

I don't see how you have made that conclusion considering nothing really looks reused, there may be carry-over such as elven armor but it is most certianly a new model being used for it.

Anyway what does human history and "looks changing" have to do with the TES series? Why must people try and place real world custom to the make believe, just so they can argue about something or criticize? What happened over 200 years in the lore is what Bethesda says happened in the lore, that's the bottomline..

Internal consistancy.  Things need to feel somewhat 'realistic' if you want a believable world.    The parts have to fit together reasonably.  Unless you want a fairy tale type game where everyone waves a magic wand and stuff happens.   If nothing's changed, there needs to be  reasons for it.   

I suspect that Bethesda claims each game is essentially a reboot, so they don't have to worry about continuity.  At that point the internal consistancy only requires the new game  make sense to itself, as opposed to finding reasons why you could levitate before, and can't do so now.  Etc.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

I can't wait to play this game! There are so many aspects of this game that will make it one of the best games out there.

While this isn't an MMO, companies that make MMO's should really take a look at Skyrim as this is how an MMO should look and play!

Have fun everyone with this great game!

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

I am sooo ready for this game.

week off work.  check

ounce of KB.    check

20 gallons of Dr.Pepper.     check

weeks worth of fast cooking provisions.     check

wife convinced I need a week of  "alone time".      check

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

wife convinced I need a week of "alone time". check

Future cost to Wife " Priceless "

??imageimage

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • mindblwnmindblwn Member Posts: 31

SKyrim has already been leaked for Xbox. Look it up.