Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new fansite summit this weekend and some dev posts

Bioware has invited the fansites down to austin for another fansite summit at the begining of next week.

http://darthhater.com/2011/10/31/darth-hater-at-fan-site-summit-2/

unknown at this time if there will be an embargo like last time or not

AllisonBerryman General Discussion -> Extended Maintenance 11/2

SWTOR.com will be unavailable beginning at 12:00AM CDT Wednesday (11/2) as we perform extended website maintenance. We expect the site to be available again by 12:00PM (midday) on Wednesday. Thank you for your patience!

figure would be good to post this before people start asking why the site is down ;)

GeorgZoeller Jedi Consular -> How will the sage fair against up close melee characters?

You'll die.

To elaborate on this: If you try to outdamage any of the melee DPS classes at close range. 2 lightsabers > 1 lightsaber; Heavy Armor > light armor; Tons of powerful melee moves > small number of melee moves.

Sure, most of your abilities will still work close range, but you have a distinct advantage when they are at range, so you're going to have to make sure these guys don't make it into melee range or, if they make it, don't make it with enough health or stay there long enough to get their really powerful attacks off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

GeorgZoeller Imperial Agent -> Sniper gameplay theorycrafting (PvP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamoRn

From what I've read and i can't remember the source off the top of my head the sniper's cover is a counter for force leap, as it cannot be used on us in cover. As far as dancing in and out of the range of the sniper's abilities it's a double edge sword because if in cover i believe snipers take little or no damage from ranged attacks. Eventually your healers going to run out of mana/energy/force points etc, leaving you the opportunity to burn them down. Also remember were going to have at least 1 stun or cc ability to help keep whoever were fighting within range for a bit longer.

Remember snipers crit a lot and do huge burst damage!

Correct. Cover protects from Force Leap, being pulled via grapple, etc.

Using Entrench (An ability increasing the effectiveness of cover temporarily) will also make the Agent immune to any other kind of control (CC),. They become an unmovable object that cannot be charged, pushed, lifted, frozen, Force choked or in any other way incapacitated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GeorgZoeller Imperial Agent -> Sniper Range 30-35m?

Snipers (and Gunslingers) have a range of 35 meters for most of their abilities, which is the longest range class for player abilities available. Troopers for examples have a maximum range of 30 meters on their long range abilities.

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Sweet. Looking forward to their reports.

p.s. Snipers and bunswingers are getting more interesting now that they are reiterating the cover mechanic. I think that if you play those classes how they should be played, they'll be very viable in pew pew afterall.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Thanks again for posting more good info gaou. Find your threads very useful, since I hardly ever visit the TOR site.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by DarkPony

p.s. Snipers and bunswingers are getting more interesting now that they are reiterating the cover mechanic. I think that if you play those classes how they should be played, they'll be very viable in pew pew afterall.

Bunswingers?

Originally posted by Xondar123

Originally posted by DarkPony

Bunswingers?

Well .. it rhymes .. right? V_V

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by gaou

Snipers (and Gunslingers) have a range of 35 meters for most of their abilities, which is the longest range class for player abilities available. Troopers for examples have a maximum range of 30 meters on their long range abilities.

35 meters depending on run speed is pretty up close and personal.  Especially for Bunswingers. *grin*

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Originally posted by gaou

35 meters depending on run speed is pretty up close and personal.  Especially for Bunswingers. *grin*

Here is a graphic on scale I made with 30 and 35 meter ranges. Looks pretty ok. I read that WOW's hunters have a base range of 31 yards which is 28.3 metres.