Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Voidstar Trailer

13»

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

It looked like fun to me I asked Dallas Dickinson if he had anything to say about some of the comments in this thread,

He sure looks different now that he shaved his beard!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I think the lightsabers are visually more attractive in Jedi Knight Ii also.

• nybratnybrat Member UncommonPosts: 16

Great trailer! The animations are much smoother now than in trailors just a few months ago. Game is already preordered :)

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

If Skyrim wasn't so close on being released, I would be so pissed! Still 2 months of waiting! GAH!

Thankfully Skyrim/Uncharted3 is going to make the wait bearable. :)

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218

Originally posted by EvilChemist

Played a total of 2.5hrs of the voidstar battleground.

Eagerly looking forward to the 11th.

what happens on the 11th

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362

modded battlefront 2 has better combat imo

so say we all

• AdiJagerAdiJager Member Posts: 16

looks... boring

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455

looks...good

• Chrono223Chrono223 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Having played/tested the game (2 beta weekends) makes me think that Bioware does not know how to show off their games.

Everyone here makes good points concerning gameplay and graphics. Good or bad.

I told myself before even pre-ordering that SWOR was a "distraction" untill the others.. Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3, maybe I will try Tera if it ever comes out or even Secret World.

Once the NDA is finally lifted, more videos and screenshots will on the internet and then people will be able to make the final decision (if they did not already pre-ordered).

Oh and I wish I could talk about the game lol!!

• lojixlojix Member UncommonPosts: 9

I'm a hard core SW fan, but I just can not get over the horrible graphics in this game. What does Bioware have against high poly and decent textures? It looks like... well, the closest thing that comes to mind is the Clone Wars cartoon, so sad.

This is almost 2012, if you aren't going to push the textures or poly count, at least give us the best damn animations. I shouldn't be able to look at this and see areas where SWG was better...

• davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218

Originally posted by lojix

I'm a hard core SW fan, but I just can not get over the horrible graphics in this game. What does Bioware have against high poly and decent textures? It looks like... well, the closest thing that comes to mind is the Clone Wars cartoon, so sad.

This is almost 2012, if you aren't going to push the textures or poly count, at least give us the best damn animations. I shouldn't be able to look at this and see areas where SWG was better...

The planets are some of the best looking visuals in any MMO to date tbh, its only the character models that look a bit average.. even they still look fine while playing though

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by gimmesome

Originally posted by popinjay

Originally posted by gimmesome

Dunno what video you guys were watching, but I thought this looked much better than the combat I watched months ago.

I agree that overall, this is yet another esports style PVP scenario with fixed objectives and "rounds" --  I dunno why this style of pvp has become so popular in MMORPGs.

*snip*

Contrary to what harder-game PvPers think, the majority of people usually only want about 15-30 minute matches according to company's polling data. Why do you think games like League of Legends is so popular?

Old school hours in dungeons or hours fighting over one map spot isn't as popular as it once was.

Yeah, I think at this point, it is beyond clear that pvp-mini games are more popular.    Popularity never automatically means "better", though.   I'm all for options.   The option to queue up for esports.  The option not to.  The option to get rewarded via esport involvement, the option to get rewarded for WORLD involvement, etc.

I just know that I'm one of the people (and we are many, not just a tiny minority) that does not enjoy adventuring and discovering the gameworld without the possibility of fighting other players.  Esp. in a setting where there is a clear defined opposition.     As long as I am free to attack and be attacked by someone while I'm out in the world, I see no problem with having the option for Esports.   Just terrible if it's forced.        

Personally, I don't see how open-world PVP is so time consuming that it required the overabundant implimentation of battlegrounds and other pvp instances.     For years, in all the mmorpgs I enjoyed, if I didn't have a lot of time to play, I knew I could at least log in, run around to the popular grinding/questing/hunting/camping spots and stir up some intense PVP situations, and then log off once I had my fill.   No timers, or scoreboards, or queue system, or objectives.  Just enjoying what my character can do, and seeing what everyone else could do with theirs.    You win some, you lose some, but you got better and better every encounter.     These esports take away from that.    People seem to mostly concentrate on their prizes instead of their performance.      

"your team won! Here's 100 points to spend on gear."   "your team lost! Here's 50 points to spend on gear"  --  See the problem here?    It's no wonder people just default to cookiecutter builds and spell/skill rotations instead of actually learning their class properly.    It's no wonder most of these people fail HARD when they encounter someone who's not focusing on capturing some flag.

It's better for me and gamers like me, so yeah, it's just plain better.  Of course it's subjective, but then again, why are you guys even whining about a game that is so obviously not targeted at you, never has and probably never will.

• DaddyDarkDaddyDark Member Posts: 138

Looks a bit fluffy with the Republic completing all the objectives so easily... :-) well but that is what the SW series were always about.  I guess the real biggest problem for TOR PvP would be the fact, that all  the best players always choose the "dark side" :-) I remember how back at Warhammer Online we've nearly always won even the random PvP  matches... :-)))  OMG I can't wait for it.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Lets see if people are enjoying it by the time they're playing it for the10th time. The end game things to do in this game whilst waiting for Bio to dish out new story content gets old fast, especially if your paying a sub for common gameplay modes found in other online pvp genres you can play without a monthly fee.

• DevianeDeviane Member UncommonPosts: 108

i admit the combat it ccould be not as fast as some may want it to be....but still the astory companions the sw lore and  the classes are enough  for me to try this out  with a smile on my face....and even if i get dissapointed  we will always have gw2 and the secet world...so as some may say hater gonna hate...but still try it to hate it even more :P