Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Voidstar Trailer

Comments

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

This is going to be a very entertaining CORPG, with 100% of the game-play to-date revealed as either single-player or cooperative dungeons or 8-person team shoe-box instanced third-person shooter game-play like this.

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

This is going to be a very entertaining CORPG, with 100% of the game-play to-date revealed as either single-player or cooperative dungeons or 8-person team shoe-box instanced third-person shooter game-play like this.

Please give your definition of an mmorpg.  Every post you've made about this game insists that it will be a corpg, and you couldn't be further from the truth, unless you have a different definition than everyone else does.  I'd be interested to see what your definition is, along with some examples of games YOU consider to be mmorpgs.  I'm anxiously awaiting your reply.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Again, its different from the usual, but not anything 'new'. It kind of reminds me of that one Quake 3 map where a team defends a station as the other attacks... minus actually having the starting ship battle outside to start... overall seems like it could be fun a few times... don't know about lasting appeal or balance though.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Looks like fun!

Joined - July 2004

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Xondar123

Originally posted by elocke

/yawn

You care enough to comment. See you in game.

Sorry to burst your bubble.  Canceled my preorder.  See you in GW2.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Dark Outcast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knShHXJESa4

...circa 2002.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Dark Outcast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knShHXJESa4

...circa 2002.

Jesus, SW:TOR is a freaking RPG not a third person action first person shooter hybrid.  Why do people think that sort of gameplay belongs in a role playing game?

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Elikal
    Err? I watched the vid THREE TIMES, and even *I* didn't see anything to particularly hate here. I guess you guys really make things up with the hate now.
    I am all open for critique... but this? *shrug*
    It's just a fast paced typical PVP scenario. Whats wrong? ?__?

Detractors want open world like Darkfall or something. It's not so they are not happy. :(

Originally posted by SuperXero89

...circa 2002.

Jesus, SW:TOR is a freaking RPG not a third person action first person shooter hybrid.  Why do people think that sort of gameplay belongs in a role playing game?

You did not notice the similarities between the PvP in the two games...?  Graphics?  Gameplay?  Etc, etc, etc.

2002...12/2011...

I find it funny that you ask why people think that sort of gameplay belongs in a RPG... when uh... I mean, did you watch the trailer that started this thread...?

It was the whole point of my post to an extent... 9 years later, wait - I've seen this before...

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

...circa 2002.

Ok, I loved Jedi Knight, and IMPO, Jedi Academy had the BEST lightsaber combat I have ever seen. Much better than TOR, prolly.

BUT: SWTOR is a MMO. And keep in mind, SWG tried to move towards an action FPS approach in their NGE and were flamed like nothing before! The vast, vast majority of MMO players does not like to run, stafe and aim. I know combat probably won't be TORs strength, but it is as good (or bad) as ANY MMO combat. I too said Bioware could have been a BIT more innovative, like GW2. But well, I guess we have to take what is there. I understand it could have been more, but as I said, it isn't total trash justifying hate, either. ;)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

...circa 2002.

You did not notice the similarities between the PvP in the two games...?  Graphics?  Gameplay?  Etc, etc, etc.

2002...12/2011...

I find it funny that you ask why people think that sort of gameplay belongs in a RPG... when uh... I mean, did you watch the trailer that started this thread...?

It was the whole point of my post to an extent... 9 years later, wait - I've seen this before...

Graphics? nope Gameplay? nope

I've played both games

...circa 2002.

2002...12/2011...

I've played both games

I've watched both videos... guess what I saw?

That's right...I already said it.

...circa 2002.

2002...12/2011...

I've played both games

Some people will go to any lengths to hate on a game

...circa 2002.

2002...12/2011...

I've played both games

Once again...

We have a trailer in this thread.  Did you watch that trailer?  Yes/No?

I posted a video.  Did you watch that video?  Yes/No?

In watching the PvP in the trailer from this thread...is there a distinct similarity to PvP in the video I posted?  Yes/No?

It is as simple as that.

It is not posting screenshots.  It is not claims of playing TOR.  It is not hating on TOR.

It is as simple as it was.

Whatever defensive feelings you have over the game, however thin skinned you may be from any hatred others have shown toward the game, etc, etc, etc...

...it has nothing to do with what I stated.  Does it?

So take a chill pill and be still if you will, bro...

...circa 2002.

2002...12/2011...

I've played both games

Once again...

We have a trailer in this thread.  Did you watch that trailer?  Yes/No?

I posted a video.  Did you watch that video?  Yes/No?

In watching the PvP in the trailer from this thread...is there a distinct similarity to PvP in the video I posted?  Yes/No?

It is as simple as that.

It is not posting screenshots.  It is not claims of playing TOR.  It is not hating on TOR.

It is as simple as it was.

Whatever defensive feelings you have over the game, however thin skinned you may be from any hatred others have shown toward the game, etc, etc, etc...

...it has nothing to do with what I stated.  Does it?

So take a chill pill and be still if you will, bro...

You remarked that SW:TOR reminded you of a 9 year old game.  How could anyone reading that NOT interpret it as bashing the game?  

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Awesome video! It's great that the trolls cancel their pre orders less of them in game, they can go play GW2 ( which looks like a good game) or stick with pandacraft. Find it funny that people say the combat is the same old but praise GW2 combat? It's the same thing! Who cares, play the game for what it is, people who have played the KOTOR games, like myself will love SWTOR, and having played the beta, the game is a masterpiece. So to the people saying the game is this and that without the proper knowledge to back up your claim without even playing the game, then either stick to single player games or stick with your pandacraft game and leave forums like this to people who actualy follow the game and enjoy what they see without the needless comments.

...snip...

You remarked that SW:TOR reminded you of a 9 year old game.  How could anyone reading that NOT interpret it as bashing the game?  

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/330708/The-KEY-to-a-revolutionary-MMORPG.html

In this thread, I'm discussing that for a game to be revolutionary... it needs to go backward.  It needs to go back to what was fun.  That it needs to do away with much of the nonsense that has infected the genre with the modern MMORPG.

You said you played JK2...was it fun?

I thought it was fun.  Both the single player game and the various PvP multiplayer online.

I've argued in threads with people that the DX7 graphics of Anarchy Online were better than the DX11 graphics in some of the newer games...because of style.

Based on your earlier reply, you were asking why it belonged in a MMORPG... why not?  It was fun.

It's great to see that some companies have not forgotten what was fun... instead of having to saturate us with meaningless fluff.

...snip...

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/330708/The-KEY-to-a-revolutionary-MMORPG.html

In this thread, I'm discussing that for a game to be revolutionary... it needs to go backward.  It needs to go back to what was fun.  That it needs to do away with much of the nonsense that has infected the genre with the modern MMORPG.

I thought it was fun.  Both the single player game and the various PvP multiplayer online.

I've argued in threads with people that the DX7 graphics of Anarchy Online were better than the DX11 graphics in some of the newer games...because of style.

Based on your earlier reply, you were asking why it belonged in a MMORPG... why not?  It was fun.

It's great to see that some companies have not forgotten what was fun... instead of having to saturate us with meaningless fluff.

Again, read what you wrote.  How can anyone not interpret what you said originally as bashing the game?  I think it's a stretch that you honestly weren't bashing it in some way, but I don't know your post history.  I don't know what thread you replied to seconds, hours, days, weeks, months, or years ago which you're referencing.  You come into the thread sounding exactly like the hundreds of other faceless SW:TOR bashers who say the game has outdated graphics, that it's a single player game, or that it's just WoW in space.  You give off that impression, you'll likewise get an appropriate response.  I can't read your mind.

• EvilChemistEvilChemist Member Posts: 105

Played a total of 2.5hrs of the voidstar battleground.

Eagerly looking forward to the 11th.

"LOL"

...snip...

Again, read what you wrote.  How can anyone not interpret what you said originally as bashing the game?  I think it's a stretch that you honestly weren't bashing it in some way, but I don't know your post history.  I don't know what thread you replied to seconds, hours, days, weeks, months, or years ago which you're referencing.  You come into the thread sounding exactly like the hundreds of other faceless SW:TOR bashers who say the game has outdated graphics, that it's a single player game, or that it's just WoW in space.  You give off that impression, you'll likewise get an appropriate response.  I can't read your mind.

Even my signature... states that I prefer how things were in the past.

I'm one of those geezers yelling at the ADHD kiddies to get off my lawn.

If I reference something in the past, it is a good thing - not a bad thing.

If I have something bad about a game to say - I'm generally pretty direct about it.  There are many things I do not like about SWTOR in the least - there are many things I think are pretty awesome.  I don't 100% love anything... I can be critical of them, and when I am - it's pretty clear.

I saw the trailer.  It made me think of JK2 - I included the date circa 2002, because the date on the video is 2008.

Admittedly, I tend to respond...er...aggressively...when somebody accuses me of saying something that I did not say.  Heck, I just got a warning yesterday for "Retaliation" in arguing with somebody.  For that, I apologize...

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314
    They thrown in some pandas and I am there!
  • DeltaFrc670DeltaFrc670 Member Posts: 71

Looks lame, but then again im not a fan of instancing in games that refer to themselves as Massive Multiplayer Online games.

• Manic.MinerManic.Miner Member Posts: 44

Looks like 100% casual  pvp - slow and simple. Run to obiective hack your lightsaber die or win and repeat. Its good if you need simplicity but can be boring very fast.

I think SWTOR wil be like Rift - after few months there will be promotions on box (can get rift box + 30 day subscripion for free - greengaming) and after 6 months there will less and less people playing. Im waiting for f2p in 2012/2013.

• jarbyjarby Member Posts: 77

Why so much noise around esports pvp. they already said that SWTOR will also have  an open world pvp and mini games are just an alternative.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    F2P lmfao only thing I am gonna say.