Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good example of tough 1v1 pvp in Regnum Online (video)

ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189

Zeme and Matrim are both very knowledgeable/experienced Marksman archers in RO, Raven Server.

Here is a good example of how Zeme pulls as many knowledgeable pvp moves to take down Matrim.

http://youtu.be/5QFzvnYCvvA

i felt this sort of demonstrated how the simple abilities (stuns, damage over time etc etc) in RO can pose an interesting challenge on how to use them to win in pvp.

(some would say runnin behind obstacles is lame but i dun mind.. there's no rules against it and in RvR/pvp you are entitled to run and hide if you want)

edit: the response video: http://youtu.be/8ogcoW8JVVo

in this one Oreo Monster takes on Zeme and they fight without trees lol

Comments

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

No offence, but that has to be the dullest example of pvp I have seen in a long time.  Its visually uninteresting and about as dynamic as a stunned brick.

This game makes you grind 30 levels through a world with nothing to do other than spank mobs (no crafting etc) just to take part in yawn.  Seriously, there are far better games out there worth more of a players time.

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189

Originally posted by B1mble

No offence, but that has to be the dullest example of pvp I have seen in a long time.  Its visually uninteresting and about as dynamic as a stunned brick.

This game makes you grind 30 levels through a world with nothing to do other than spank mobs (no crafting etc) just to take part in yawn.  Seriously, there are far better games out there worth more of a players time.

well, RO isn't for everyone. iRO is more focussedon the intellectual aspect of pvp -- it doesn't focus on shiny graphics or crafting (which i find dreadfully dull and pointless since i make so much money i can buy everything i need)... so RO is mainly played by people of a particular intellectual calibre. not for everyone.

the grinding is super fast up to level 30 since everyting can be done by quests. and with xp boosts on Raven it is even faster. most people can get to level 30 in about 4 days to a week. u need that tieme to get to know how your abilities work anyway.

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Originally posted by ringdany

iRO is more focussedon the intellectual aspect of pvp.

Oh good grief I cant stop laughing.

Please explain to me how the PVP in Regnum is intellectual. 

I have played this game on and off since 2008 and I would never describe it as that. 

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189

Originally posted by ringdany

iRO is more focussedon the intellectual aspect of pvp.

Oh good grief I cant stop laughing.

Please explain to me how the PVP in Regnum is intellectual. 

I have played this game on and off since 2008 and I would never describe it as that. 

heh well each to his own i guess. pvp in games like DOTA is basically just a clickfest switching among maybe 3-4 abilities (especially DOTA). you just attack as fast as you can click. what i like about RO is that the games powers and abilities are specifically timed and specifically limited. i find i really do have to think carefully which ability do i use and precisely when and where and on whom I use it in a team pvp fight. i am still learning but I find that after every battle, i can see a better way in which to sequence or use the limited powers given.

in games like WoW or SilkRoad Online i find the abilities are given just as a way to make your character do "nice colourful damage effects" whereas many of RO's abilities and limits are specifically derived from DnD (mages even have a Timestop equivalent spell). Maybe that is why i prefer it because I am used to real time pvping in the DnD universe. many other mmorpgs I have played are very flimy in the balancing of their player powers in pvp. So much so that there are sure fire kills and no real challenge to pvp. In RO, pvp can go on for meaningful periods of time if the players are good - and there are smaller chances of stalemate in an open area.

like i daid, RO isn't for everyone and it sounds like you do like other games more. if so that is fine. but personally i still enjoy RO because it is simple to play and feels fast with its low system specifications. I can jump into the game and not worry about finding a group to go raiding in and can find apvp fight or adventure very very fast. i can jump in and out in 20 minutes and know I will have the chance to kill quite a few enemies in that time. WoW took ages to organise raids, EVE was like real work, DOTA was just too cookie-cutter. In RO, iin truth I would not know what pvp situation or environement to expect when I logged in. I  ould find a solo lowbie enemy or a major war going on.