Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey Whats Your Favorite Game Of All Time?

For me ima go ahead and say its a tie between Mass Effect 1 and Fable 1 how about you guys?

Comments

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
  • VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Might have to go with a top 5, without breaking out spreadsheets...lol.

1. Asteroids (Atari 2600)

2. Elite (C64)

3. SSI's Pool of Radiance (C64)

4. Wing Commander (PC)

5. Soul Calibur (Dreamcast)

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Well I can't really pick one game as there have been so many truly great ones over the years. If I had to pick an IP I would pick The Elder Scrolls hands down. I would have to say that the 4 games combined have given me about 10 years of play time. Very easily more than any other video game IP.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• ClywdClywd Member UncommonPosts: 261

Everquest. No doubt.

Currently playing: EverQuest
    Waiting for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

There are about ten that tie for first. But if i were to be forced to choose just one, it would be..... Hell i cant decide lol

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Board Game: GO

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

1, Panzer Dragoon Saga (Sega Saturn)

2, C&C Red Alert 2

3, Saturn Bomberman - just a great multiplayer game. Many all nighters with friends and mind altering substances.

4, Duke Nukem 3D

5, Mass Effect 1 and 2

Sorry couldn't do just one...5 was pretty damn hard.

Edit: Bonk should be in there too. Side scrolling bliss.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Originally posted by Clywd

Everquest. No doubt.

Same here nothing beat everquest for me

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Asherons Call

• grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

A tie between the following:

• Carrier Command

• Battletanks: Global Assault (multiplayer)

• Super Smash Brothers Melee (multiplayer)

• Portal 1+2

• Civilization 3+4

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I have a special feeling for " Grim Fandango " an old school adventure by Lucas Arts that i loved !

Or  " Black & White " by Lionhead

Up to time i would say:

* Mass effect 2

* Dragon Age:Origins

* Guild Wars

* Knights of the Old Republic & KOTOR II (The sith lords)

* WoW (back at the Burning Crusade)

...they are are among my favourites ^^

Srry couldn´t pick just one image

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Extremely hard to pick one, I have about 10 games that I absolutely loved but if I had to pick I think it would come down to Mass effect and Dragon Age, with Mass effect taking the cake. 

Oh and if we're counting MMOs too, runescape hand down back in the day was the most fun I ever had in a MMO. 

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

The Longest Journey.

• khelbonkhelbon Member UncommonPosts: 124

Mine would be pre-Tram UO hands down. But if this were a non-online fav game of all time it would be a tie between Super Mario World for the SNES or the gold pack Zelda for the NES.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

If I had to choose just one favorite game , that would be very hard! But, the game I spent the most time in, met the most people, and all and all just had the best time ever was...

Pre Cu SWG

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

For me a tie for sure.

1. Shenmue

2. SWG

3.Morrowind

4.KOTRO

5. Omikron- Nomad Soul

All fo these games blew me away, which makes it hard to decide on one.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SlybaconSlybacon Member Posts: 48

Sword of aragon

slybacongaming.blogspot.com

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

1. Adventure, DEC PDP-11 on a VT102

2. Heretic II

3. Half-Life

4. Unreal (the original coop RPG)

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

The Neverhood and The Secret of Monkey Island tied for 1st, with Grim Fandango in a close 2nd

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

1. Xwing vs Tie Fighter.

2. Legend of Dragoon.

3. Warcraft 3.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Monkey Island 2: Lechucks Revenge. 

It got me through a very tough 4th grade year as a kid.  It was my best friend.  : P 

So its retained its place as my all time favorite game.  More modern ones might include Red Dead Redemption, Oblivion (soon to be replaced by Skyrim Id imagine), and the first Mass Effect. 

EDIT: As a very honorable mention Id also add "Quest for Glory", the first game that was redone with better graphics.  Thats an old point and click classic I still go back and play from time to time.  This would be my second all time favorite. 

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

master of orion 2

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

hard call. but these made the biggest impacts on me:

eq2 - despite the dull graphics, i've always loved the skill trees and joyful times spent wondering where to put that thrilling point. that and the ghosts coming out at night. how way cool is that? if they'd spruce up the grey graphics, they'd have me forever. yah, i'm THAT fickle.

elder scrolls - pop that system into an mmo and i'll pay a 50 buck a month sub.

diablo - the first game. such an awesome atmosphere and the random dungeons making sure you never got enough.

wow - i have many fond memories of this game, though the way it's going now you will never get me to re-sub. and you ever tried getting hold of a HUMAN at blizz when your account's been locked for you logging in on your wife's computer?

quake 1 multiplay - got me through uni.

hoping, though, that gw2 will be my favourite game of all time. so far, it's looking like it might...

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Ultima Online;Pre-Trammel.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Hummmm...

1. Bard's Tale

2. Wing Commander II

3. Ultima IV

4. Shadowbane

5. Master of Orion 2

Hard to restrict list to just one! 

edit

Yeah, channel84 reminded me of Master of Orion...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...