Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Making the Switch?

1235»

Comments

• StrumikerStrumiker Member UncommonPosts: 31

It's so refreshing to see people that still feel that wealth equals superiority... What would be wonderful to see is how they would  handle not being served their morning cup of joe or their fancy coffee beverage because all us po' people aren't willing to serve these bigots.

As far as the CE goes, the pricepoint is what most people already realize. A marekting practice to get the most profit. It is easily not worth double the price in a real value sense, but they know their market and exploited it. What's more shocking is that people applaud them for this? When did society lose having any sign of morals?

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by Tamanous

Originally posted by pierth

I can't wait for the threads from people that blindly shelled out $150 for the CE and TOR doesn't turn out to be the game they wanted. I may need a towel handy for the schadenfreudegasm.

Well for the rest of us who don't get off on other peoples grief AND who have played two beta weekends and know the game very well, we'll enjoy our investment very much thank you :)

I do feel somewhat bad you think $150 for a CE with tons of goodies far beyond the game itself is too pricey. I clear more than that in a day (and I work 7.5 hour days lol). Hell my overtime bonus pay 1 week every 3 months covers that without any call outs. If you need food stamps let me know. I'll treat you as a tax deductible for a charity hand out.

As with all games, it won't be for everyone. If you don't enjoy you can simply man up and stow the egocentrism.

I can guarantee you that there are a great many people that have preordered the CE with only knowledge they've gained from videos or nothing more than hype. The CEs were sold out within hours from multiple distributors. I played both KoTOR games as well as one beta for TOR(I received another invite for the one following it but declined). No MMO I have ever played has ever been worth $150 up front and I have a job where I can afford far more than that- I just happen to have an idea of the value of my income.

I find it entertaining that just because I realize that the CE is just a cash grab that I must be poor. If that makes your choice easier to accept then good for you, enjoy the scenario you've created in your own mind. Barnum said fools and their money are soon parted, and we'll see how many fools are parted from their money due to hype. Look no further than Rift for players that paid upfront due to what they were told in interviews and videos and then were disappointed with the direction the game went- and that was for far less than $150.

• Originally posted by pierth

I can't wait for the threads from people that blindly shelled out $150 for the CE and TOR doesn't turn out to be the game they wanted. I may need a towel handy for the schadenfreudegasm.

Well for the rest of us who don't get off on other peoples grief AND who have played two beta weekends and know the game very well, we'll enjoy our investment very much thank you :)

I do feel somewhat bad you think $150 for a CE with tons of goodies far beyond the game itself is too pricey. I clear more than that in a day (and I work 7.5 hour days lol). Hell my overtime bonus pay 1 week every 3 months covers that without any call outs. If you need food stamps let me know. I'll treat you as a tax deductible for a charity hand out.

As with all games, it won't be for everyone. If you don't enjoy you can simply man up and stow the egocentrism.

I can guarantee you that there are a great many people that have preordered the CE with only knowledge they've gained from videos or nothing more than hype. The CEs were sold out within hours from multiple distributors. I played both KoTOR games as well as one beta for TOR(I received another invite for the one following it but declined). No MMO I have ever played has ever been worth $150 up front and I have a job where I can afford far more than that- I just happen to have an idea of the value of my income.

I find it entertaining that just because I realize that the CE is just a cash grab that I must be poor. If that makes your choice easier to accept then good for you, enjoy the scenario you've created in your own mind. Barnum said fools and their money are soon parted, and we'll see how many fools are parted from their money due to hype. Look no further than Rift for players that paid upfront due to what they were told in interviews and videos and then were disappointed with the direction the game went- and that was for far less than $150. 

Actually it seems to be you that is creating a scenario in your own mind of the people who are ordering the CE. You are under the mistaken impression that you are somehow smarter than the rest of us who ordered the CE. Sorry to disappoint you but I did buy the CE for Trion's Rift and I did think it was fun for awhile. Am I playing it now? No but do I begrudge others like myself who bought Rift's CE, certainly not. Most of the people here have been in alot of differnt MMO's and I don't care if I shell out a few extra bucks every year or so when a decent MMO title seems to be on the horizon. I payed for the CE STWOR in less that 3 hours of work but I don't assume that I am better than anyone on the forum who did or did not choose to buy it. So for all the whiney little infantiles who want everyone to think and act like they do, respectfully shove off. I am really not interested in being anything like you.

I won't insert some random quote either, because that doesn't mean I am actually smarter either but I see other people do it. Perhaps it makes them feel smarter because they can't come up with something memorable on their own. If SWTOR succeeds it will be great ride and I want to be in the best starting position possible. If it flops, I can hope TSW will do better and I will probably buy its CE as well. For the trolls who are wishing ill on other people just for a chance to be right, you really are douche bags in every sense of the word and if you don't play SWTOR or TSW, terrific, I promise I won't miss you.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by ulpris

Actually it seems to be you that is creating a scenario in your own mind of the people who are ordering the CE. You are under the mistaken impression that you are somehow smarter than the rest of us who ordered the CE. Sorry to disappoint you but I did buy the CE for Trion's Rift and I did think it was fun for awhile. Am I playing it now? No but do I begrudge others like myself who bought Rift's CE, certainly not. Most of the people here have been in alot of differnt MMO's and I don't care if I shell out a few extra bucks every year or so when a decent MMO title seems to be on the horizon. I payed for the CE STWOR in less that 3 hours of work but I don't assume that I am better than anyone on the forum who did or did not choose to buy it. So for all the whiney little infantiles who want everyone to think and act like they do, respectfully shove off. I am really not interested in being anything like you.

I won't insert some random quote either, because that doesn't mean I am actually smarter either but I see other people do it. Perhaps it makes them feel smarter because they can't come up with something memorable on their own. If SWTOR succeeds it will be great ride and I want to be in the best starting position possible. If it flops, I can hope TSW will do better and I will probably buy its CE as well. For the trolls who are wishing ill on other people just for a chance to be right, you really are douche bags in every sense of the word and if you don't play SWTOR or TSW, terrific, I promise I won't miss you.

So just an ad hominem or two and nothing to actually argue? Do you post just to read your replies?

• mwisnemwisne Member Posts: 2

While 2 extra in game items is certainly incentive, I honestly bought the CE because at the end of the day I have waited so long for this game (even speculating about it before it was even announced), that I was willing to pay for the edition that commemorates it's release. Price be damned I wanted to get my hands on every item TOR was selling. I am pumped for Dec 20th, can't come soon enough :D

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I do feel somewhat bad you think $150 for a CE with tons of goodies far beyond the game itself is too pricey. I clear more than that in a day (and I work 7.5 hour days lol). Hell my overtime bonus pay 1 week every 3 months covers that without any call outs. If you need food stamps let me know. I'll treat you as a tax deductible for a charity hand out.

I'm sorry but 2 beta weekends is not enough to "know the game very well."

It's not about how much money someone makes, big shot. It's about people blindly buying into the hype that is generated by the developers, the media and the fans who, after playing for a few days, apparently "know the game very well."

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    It's the new extension of manhood

• Originally posted by pierth

Originally posted by ulpris

Actually it seems to be you that is creating a scenario in your own mind of the people who are ordering the CE. You are under the mistaken impression that you are somehow smarter than the rest of us who ordered the CE. Sorry to disappoint you but I did buy the CE for Trion's Rift and I did think it was fun for awhile. Am I playing it now? No but do I begrudge others like myself who bought Rift's CE, certainly not. Most of the people here have been in alot of differnt MMO's and I don't care if I shell out a few extra bucks every year or so when a decent MMO title seems to be on the horizon. I payed for the CE STWOR in less that 3 hours of work but I don't assume that I am better than anyone on the forum who did or did not choose to buy it. So for all the whiney little infantiles who want everyone to think and act like they do, respectfully shove off. I am really not interested in being anything like you.

I won't insert some random quote either, because that doesn't mean I am actually smarter either but I see other people do it. Perhaps it makes them feel smarter because they can't come up with something memorable on their own. If SWTOR succeeds it will be great ride and I want to be in the best starting position possible. If it flops, I can hope TSW will do better and I will probably buy its CE as well. For the trolls who are wishing ill on other people just for a chance to be right, you really are douche bags in every sense of the word and if you don't play SWTOR or TSW, terrific, I promise I won't miss you.

So just an ad hominem or two and nothing to actually argue? Do you post just to read your replies? 

Well since ad hominem can actually be used to support an argument when a person is making attacks on people's motives or character, it is a valid method of countering an argument. Since you only added this one line to counter my claim, then I can summize you really don't seem to have much of an argument to support your side, do you? You seem to think you are better informed but you don't support your argument. People who are hoping the game fails because they want to enjoy watch the misery of the others, yes I am allowed to bring their motives into the arguement. In fact, other than one quote you really didn't do anything to support you argument, so in fact you haven't supported any claim against CE. You aren't more intelligent than a gamer who did buy a CE and you can't predict the future any better than the rest of us. If we want to buy them and are willing to take the chance we can and will. If on the other hand you want to hide under your bed all night and think that every game comming out is going to flop, well that's your choice, albeit a poor one. If you don't think it's possible for a game launch to be successful perhaps you shouldn't be playing MMOs anymore. 

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by precious328

Most people buy these Collector's Editions to stand out. It's almost like some virtual form of elitism - knowing that they have something that most player will never have.

I make a lot of money. I can afford CE and have bought the CE for every MMO I was able to buy it for. Not to be elite, but because I can. I am the 1%.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist