Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else have problem with new NVIDIA video driver?

Nerf09Nerf09 Phoenix, AZPosts: 2,953Member

280.26  winxp 32 bit    english

Youtube typically, sometimes surfing internet with video advertisements like this website, completely freezes computer up after I updated video driver and have to warm restart. 

I have no idea how long I went without 280.26, I only updated video driver couple weeks ago when Age of Conan free trial installation said my video driver was out of date.

• GruntyGrunty TexasPosts: 7,126Member Uncommon

Did you completely remove the previous Nvidia driver? If not search for Nvidia driver removal. Use that and then install the new drivers.

• PrecusorPrecusor PalmaPosts: 3,494Member Uncommon

The 280s are buggy as hell atm and i fixed it by reverting back to the 270s.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Phoenix, AZPosts: 2,953Member

Originally posted by Precusor

The 280s are buggy as hell atm and i fixed it be reverting back to the 270s.

I reverted back in control panel and ended up with a 4 color screen. And then re-installed 280 and I still had 4 color screen (I think I need windows disk to install basic video driver and then install 280).

I do system restore (I dont' even remember date, couple weeks ago), and I lose all that crap I downloaded.

Can you install 270 over a 280?

• PrecusorPrecusor PalmaPosts: 3,494Member Uncommon
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride San''doria, WIPosts: 3,988Member

I heard awhile back on the Witcher 2 forums that the 280.26 drivers were causing cards to overheat, definently roll back to 275.33 or 270.61. 

• Nerf09Nerf09 Phoenix, AZPosts: 2,953Member

I downloaded new Adobe flash player, I'll see if that works since it's always happening in Youtube.

Youtube doesn't overheat a videocard like a game, it never happens in a game.