Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kung Fu Panda Comes To WoW

123457»

Comments

• AthillianAthillian Member Posts: 104

lets see, Burning Crusades: Take down the burning legions from an unknown world. Wrath of the Lich King: Destroy an evil dark lord and his undead army. Cataclysm: Fight the monstrous Dragon who destroyed azeroth. Mists of Pandaria: Attack of the Panda's....ZOMGWTFKJAFDJFSDKJFJ

• MyGaronaMyGarona Member Posts: 139
    I quit because I refuse to pay to repeat dailies and randomly pug with teenagers and pre teens. Diablo 2 is still a blast and still free.
  • KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Originally posted by MyGarona

I quit because I refuse to pay to repeat dailies and randomly pug with teenagers and pre teens. Diablo 2 is still a blast and still free.

To my knowledge, the Diablo community is no more mature than the one found in Diablo. 

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Originally posted by Athillian

lets see, Burning Crusades: Take down the burning legions from an unknown world. Wrath of the Lich King: Destroy an evil dark lord and his undead army. Cataclysm: Fight the monstrous Dragon who destroyed azeroth. Mists of Pandaria: Attack of the Panda's....ZOMGWTFKJAFDJFSDKJFJ

Read this excellent Blue Post mate;

Why the Pandarens?

As Chris Metzen said in his interview on DirecTV just after opening ceremony, the pandaren race was originally planned to be added as the Alliance race in The Burning Crusade.

There are a number of reasons why that didn't happen, but none of them are because we thought they wouldn't make for compelling characters with interesting stories and living environments. We've wanted to add the pandaren people into the game for a long time. And, when recording feedback over the years from events like BlizzCon and many other avenues, the number one request (by a large margin) has been for us to add pandaren to the game. A lot of people want it and we feel the timing's just right post-Cataclysm.

We want the next expansion to be less focused on a primary antagonist, and more on the conflict between the Horde and the Alliance after the fall of Deathwing, particularly as a new land with diverse and foreign cultures is discovered.

The original World of Warcraft didn't have a primary antagonist and that wasn't strange to most players. Granted, we've set a precedent in the last few expansions of having the one major bad boy. But now, we want to focus much more on creating a bunch of varied content which lets you choose what you want to do in the game on any given day. We want to focus more on what's fun than what you have to do to excel -- and, by that, I mean we want more progression paths in the game to better cater to the extremely diverse player population.

We wouldn't have gone forward with this idea if we weren't confident about whether or not we're breathing some new life into the game and changing up the formula.

I understand the debate over this isn't going to be settled today -- or over the weekend -- but give it a bit to sink in, check out the remaining panels (including the Q&A panel tomorrow), and be on the lookout for more information about our design intent for Mists of Pandaria.

As a side note, even with some of the inappropriate comments and spam going on today, we do still really appreciate how passionate everyone is about the direction of the game. We share that passion and look forward to continuing to divulge our evolving philosophy on making this the funnest game possible. And we'll make sure there are plenty of opportunities for open conversations between community managers, developers, and players as time advances (it's difficult for me to follow any thread for too long while working BlizzCon). For instance, we'll be doing a CoverItLive developer Q&A next week with Lead Content Designer, Cory "Mumper" Stockton, and Lead Systems Designer, Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street, next week. Stay tuned for more info on that!

In my opinion, the more I hear about this expansion, the better it sounds!

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400

Originally posted by grawss

Originally posted by Talgen

Originally posted by Onigod

Originally posted by Talgen

Add Pokemon on top of that and I'll I can say is, 'Really? Really, Really?!?'    Discuss.

Becouse 5 threads already about it were not enough?

yeah.... we already covered that.. nice catch though. Thanks for the input.

How ironic.

Ha!  I see what you did there... 

• VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212

The panda's were in WC3 already, so this thread title is invalid.

Kungfu panda stole the Pandarians.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please see this thread :

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/330340

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.