Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kung Fu Panda Comes To WoW

Comments

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400

Originally posted by RefMinor

How do Mr T grenades fit into the Lore of WoW?

Cause of pity?  I dunno..

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Originally posted by Thedrip

You know what really makes you look "silly"??  Knowing the lore of frigging WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

Almost as silly as bashing something and callign it a rip off of Kung FU panda despite it being known that WC3 had it before. Seriously, you really have some stupid logic there in 'defending' yourself.  I think its what 8 year old logic, where the "Your stupid!" attack back at something they obviously lost is used since the person has nothing of value at all to contribute back in rebuttle. Just stand down before you make yourself look dumber then you already have.

Oh and FYI: I think this expansion looks bad personally, and no I don't play wow anymore and haven't since wotlk.

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

How do Mr T grenades fit into the Lore of WoW?

They don't but it was a temporary event as far as i know they didn't dedicate an entire x-pac to those.

Oh and also, one silliness doesn't excuse an other. You see there is always a line, at a certain point for some people it simply becomes too silly to be enjoyable.

Personally this whole panda stuff reminds me of Transformers 2 with all the stupid characters and jokes, yes the 1st one had some of them too but the 2nd one just had too many for me to be able to actually enjot that sad excuse of a movie.

Same goes with wow, it had silly stuff but in a right quantity, now they are simply pushing it.

Now off course, when is "pushing it" all depends on opinion. I have my mine others have theirs.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

Originally posted by Purutzil

Originally posted by Thedrip

You know what really makes you look "silly"??  Knowing the lore of frigging WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

Almost as silly as bashing something and callign it a rip off of Kung FU panda despite it being known that WC3 had it before. Seriously, you really have some stupid logic there in 'defending' yourself.  I think its what 8 year old logic, where the "Your stupid!" attack back at something they obviously lost is used since the person has nothing of value at all to contribute back in rebuttle. Just stand down before you make yourself look dumber then you already have.

Oh and FYI: I think this expansion looks bad personally, and no I don't play wow anymore and haven't since wotlk.

Not by me bub.  You really think thats common knowledge..?  I can barely remember my wifes birthday let alone what content was in a game from darn near 10 years ago.

Yeah, uhm,  and there was no bashing, there was no ripoff calling... <by me anyway, i dont even remember the other posts at this point, see above>  all that was said is 'hey, it now looks like Kung fu panda and pokemon in WoW'   And threw in a few 'really's??' for good measure.  Didnt say it was a Kung Fu Panda Clone.. Hmm, maybe that could be the new game insult.. lets all try to spread that mmm'k?   Noone accused them of naming the panda chief 'Po'  (yeah I know his name.. sad isnt it). 

The only people getting offended are those who cannot be in control of my ignorance, and oh yes I choose to be ignorant on the subject.  Because I dont care about the lore.  Its the here and now thats perceived.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I don't think I have ever seen more rationalizing of the irrational as I have in this thread.

"I don't have to know what I am talking about"

"it doesn't matter that this was already a part of the lore, there was a stupid movie made that had nothing at all to do with that lore, but hey it gives me ammunition" ( From a GW2 fan at that, yeah go over there and say what your eyes tell ya.. enjoy your lecture on research while you're at it)

What makes me mad? I have to be here defending of all things WOW... kinda tears me up inside.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

I don't think I have ever seen more rationalizing of the irrational as I have in this thread.

"it doesn't matter that this was already a part of the lore, there was a stupid movie made that had nothing at all to do with that lore, but hey it gives me ammunition" ( From a GW2 fan at that, yeah go over there and say what your eyes tell ya.. enjoy your lecture on research while you're at it)

What makes me mad? I have to be here defending of all things WOW... kinda tears me up inside.

wait... what? is that me?  I'm confused.. the rest of it sounded like my inane ramblings.. but where'd the GW2 part come from?!?!?

Originally posted by Talgen

wait... what? is that me?  I'm confused.. the rest of it sounded like my inane ramblings.. but where'd the GW2 part come from?!?!?

No wasn't about you :p

this was the quote I was talking about ""It's Kung Fu Panda, no matter how you look at it""

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Add Pokemon on top of that and I'll I can say is, 'Really? Really, Really?!?'    Discuss.

Becouse 5 threads already about it were not enough?

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

Originally posted by Onigod

Add Pokemon on top of that and I'll I can say is, 'Really? Really, Really?!?'    Discuss.

there is never enough cheap drama on the internet

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

Originally posted by Onigod

yeah.... we already covered that.. nice catch though. Thanks for the input.

edit: more like 20 though.. surprisingly though, people still posted here.. go figure.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by alakram

Originally posted by alakram

http://classic.battle.net/war3/pandaren/

You should learn about what you talking about. All of this was before kung fu panda, of course.

Actually no, no  I shouldnt..  when I have interest in playing a game.. I play the game.. I shouldnt have to research its years of history.. or get a PhD in it's lore to be able to pick it up and play it..  And guess what.. I'm not alone.. tons of people... /gulp ..  DONT CARE ... the first thing that is going to come to their minds is.. Kung Fu Panda.. why?  Because media has blasted our minds with 2 movies of it..  Trust me I'm not the first or the last to think it...

So, in closing should I learn the entire history of a game, research its lore yadda yadda yadda?  No son.  no.

So you talk about stuff you dont know about? Awesome.

Way to pick out one line and run with it... Fox News is looking for a new editor... just an FYI to all.. Awesome.

Maybe boredom makes me do that, I don't feel I did a good thing replying like that there even If I maybe right in some sense. So I'm sorry I don't want to derail your thread and the truth is that all this panda thingy looks ridiculous it really is. So you are right, even if it fits the lore of Warcraft (and it does) and WoW share the same lore, it it's ridiculous at least in my opinion. I never did see kung fu panda for the same reason but probably most of the player base will think about that when knowing about that expansion.

• brutality123brutality123 Member Posts: 125

Well pretty sure no one is going to say they copied warhammer with this expac

Originally posted by brutality123

Well pretty sure no one is going to say they copied warhammer with this expac

Zing

• BallsoutBallsout Member UncommonPosts: 70

Blizzard brought this up along time ago as a joke. Tells you what they think of the game anymore, and they're laughing all the way to the bank. 

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

What has everyone got against Pandas anyway?

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I will pay good money for the first screenshot of a panda riding a sparkle pony, extra points if the Pokemon screen is open.
  • WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Supersoups

Another topic on this? 'really, really, really?

Panda race existed in WC3 so it is not something taken from Kung Fu Panda. I guess it is ok to play a 'cow' but not a panda.

Yep thats right, another topic on it..  as I work full time and have a family.. I just found out and my jaw dropped.. So expect more to come as well.. Didnt realize that topics were limited on this site  (/rolleyes)

At least with the 'cow' race it was akin to a Minotaur, and there felt some connection to an established, well known mytholigical creature.

You cant deny coming off the heels of the sequel of Kung Fu Panda this summer that most peoples minds will go directly there.  Regardless of the lore of the game.. it feels like a stretch.   Also given Blizzards flare for including easter eggs in games, if the so much as one reference to 'Skadooosh' coming from a single panda character.  All the people saying its not kung fu panda, can rot.

Also I dont recall Pokemon, er.. pet fighting in any of the WC games.. am I incorrect?  Please let me know if I am.

Takes 2 minutes to hit search button on website to find out same topics. No one is that busy to hit the search button.

And it is a bit late to cash on Kung Fu panda movies. Moreover like i said earlier Panda race is an old race from WC3 and has nothing to do with the movie. Moreover Activision hold rights to both so it makes this comparison even more silly. Google is your friend, do some research on Pandarens they have existed in WOW universe from days of WOW strategy games.

Sorry pal, aint going to happen, I have kids.. I'm more familiar with the movies than caring enough to research the lore, shouldnt have to..  shouldnt have to research something fictionaI  to have it all 'make sense' ..  dont care about the lore, dont care enough about the game... First impression to me, and I can almost guarantee you, and to most others will be kung fu panda.  So you can either accept it and move on, or continue to try and get me to research something: 1. I dont care about  2. I'm not getting paid to research. 3. again, I dont care.

Did I say this is 'omg horrible, this is teh suxxorz xpac'?  no.  I said.. OMG Kung fu panda! w/ pokemon!  really?

I never said it was brought out to cash in on the kung fu movies.. however now that you mention it.. there are alot of kids that liked that movie... hmmmmmmmmm...

Screenshots like this don't exactly help either...

A Karate Kid reference and a Kung Fu Panda all in one....

Nor shots like this one...

... so frankly, the "Kung Fu Panda" references are quite warranted. And I'm sure Blizzard fully expects it... they are the company who fills their game with wall-to-wall cultural references.

I find it funny that there are some who are getting all bent out of shape that it's being brought up.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by WSIMike

Another topic on this? 'really, really, really?

Panda race existed in WC3 so it is not something taken from Kung Fu Panda. I guess it is ok to play a 'cow' but not a panda.

Yep thats right, another topic on it..  as I work full time and have a family.. I just found out and my jaw dropped.. So expect more to come as well.. Didnt realize that topics were limited on this site  (/rolleyes)

At least with the 'cow' race it was akin to a Minotaur, and there felt some connection to an established, well known mytholigical creature.

You cant deny coming off the heels of the sequel of Kung Fu Panda this summer that most peoples minds will go directly there.  Regardless of the lore of the game.. it feels like a stretch.   Also given Blizzards flare for including easter eggs in games, if the so much as one reference to 'Skadooosh' coming from a single panda character.  All the people saying its not kung fu panda, can rot.

Also I dont recall Pokemon, er.. pet fighting in any of the WC games.. am I incorrect?  Please let me know if I am.

Takes 2 minutes to hit search button on website to find out same topics. No one is that busy to hit the search button.

And it is a bit late to cash on Kung Fu panda movies. Moreover like i said earlier Panda race is an old race from WC3 and has nothing to do with the movie. Moreover Activision hold rights to both so it makes this comparison even more silly. Google is your friend, do some research on Pandarens they have existed in WOW universe from days of WOW strategy games.

Sorry pal, aint going to happen, I have kids.. I'm more familiar with the movies than caring enough to research the lore, shouldnt have to..  shouldnt have to research something fictionaI  to have it all 'make sense' ..  dont care about the lore, dont care enough about the game... First impression to me, and I can almost guarantee you, and to most others will be kung fu panda.  So you can either accept it and move on, or continue to try and get me to research something: 1. I dont care about  2. I'm not getting paid to research. 3. again, I dont care.

Did I say this is 'omg horrible, this is teh suxxorz xpac'?  no.  I said.. OMG Kung fu panda! w/ pokemon!  really?

I never said it was brought out to cash in on the kung fu movies.. however now that you mention it.. there are alot of kids that liked that movie... hmmmmmmmmm...

... so frankly, the "Kung Fu Panda" references are quite warranted. And I'm sure Blizzard fully expects it... they are the company who fills their game with wall-to-wall cultural references.

I find it funny that there are some who are getting all bent out of shape that it's being brought up.

Watch out for casual mention of Tinky Winky, Dipsy, LaLa and Po in WoW, thus setting up the Lore for the next expansion

Watch out for casual mention of Tinky Winky, Dipsy, LaLa and Po in WoW, thus setting up the Lore for the next expansion

Welcome to the Dark Side.. now here is your cookie image

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Uhm dude... you do know that kung fu panda is a parody on all asian martial arts?

so basically if they're making a martial arts themed expansion you could argue that its referencing kung fu panda. :/

I don't think anybody is getting bend over shape about it. people are just amazed that there are some people who suddenly find wow to "silly" or "kiddie" when it was just as much before.

this was their threshold? really?

it was not driving around on a gnome engineered motorcycle as a cowman with a raptor with a necklace running after you as you where collecting dragon eggs at the foot of a ice volcacno on a cloud in the sky that was surrounded by dragon ball goku humans ?

dont fault people for shooting down their inane logic when their arguments are invalid. they seem completely oblivious to the glorious stupidity and over the top nature that wow has always had. kung fu panda, which is a cool film, i really dug, is nowhere near the extreme. once the space goats came down from their space ship and was shot down by the burning legion which was back in 2006.. like 5 years ago, people started going "lore, lol" and that has been the mantra ever since.

this is blizzard getting bend, and trust me, if you think there won't be illogical stupidities that scream of kiddieness in GW2(asura...) and SWTOR,(hutball, good guy sith.. lol)  you're in for a surprise. 

and so what? the only ones who have a problem are those who take these games to seriously. im re-downloading wow(free base game to lvl 20 forever trial) as we speak. suddenly i got the urge again.

maybe this expansion will make some of the annoying people go away? that would be sweat! and since this expansion will focus on world bosses.. i hope they will be super difficult. and a martial arts class? its gun be good! i havent played in years:D

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Little did the Alliance and Horde know that the teletubbies was only an instrument of the true dark lord... Segaras.

Segaras, who was actually Ronald McDonald.

on steoroids. 

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

You guys do realize that humans danced disco from day 1.

Tauren danced Peanut Butter Jelly from day 1.

And Night Elves did the moonwalk.

BC introduced a goat-men from outerspace race.

Out-of-sync pop culture references have been a part of WoW since the first day - stop acting like Karate Kid references for a martial arts class is out of line for this franchise.

Stop acting like the Panda's weren't in WC3 prior to Kung Fu Panda.

Stop acting like WoW has ever been anything more than tongue-in-cheek.

If you haven't noticed this about WoW, who really hasn't been paying attention?

Originally posted by Kalfer

Uhm dude... you do know that kung fu panda is a parody on all asian martial arts?

so basically if they're making a martial arts themed expansion you could argue that its referencing kung fu panda. :/

I don't think anybody is getting bend over shape about it. people are just amazed that there are some people who suddenly find wow to "silly" or "kiddie" when it was just as much before.

this was their threshold? really?

it was not driving around on a gnome engineered motorcycle as a cowman with a raptor with a necklace running after you as you where collecting dragon eggs at the foot of a ice volcacno on a cloud in the sky that was surrounded by dragon ball goku humans ?

dont fault people for shooting down their inane logic when their arguments are invalid. they seem completely oblivious to the glorious stupidity and over the top nature that wow has always had. kung fu panda, which is a cool film, i really dug, is nowhere near the extreme. once the space goats came down from their space ship and was shot down by the burning legion which was back in 2006.. like 5 years ago, people started going "lore, lol" and that has been the mantra ever since.

this is blizzard getting bend, and trust me, if you think there won't be illogical stupidities that scream of kiddieness in GW2(asura...) and SWTOR,(hutball, good guy sith.. lol)  you're in for a surprise. 

and so what? the only ones who have a problem are those who take these games to seriously. im re-downloading wow(free base game to lvl 20 forever trial) as we speak. suddenly i got the urge again.

maybe this expansion will make some of the annoying people go away? that would be sweat! and since this expansion will focus on world bosses.. i hope they will be super difficult. and a martial arts class? its gun be good! i havent played in years:D

Well said Kalfer... QFT

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Well said Kalfer... QFT

Warcraft 3 had panda's long before Kung Fu Panda was released or dreamed of.  See my above post. I feel like many of you have never paid attention to WoW before this.

They are taking a race from their own lore and making it playable. They are adding silly pop culture references as they have from day 1.

No one will ever convince me that Panda's are sillier than goat-men from outer space.

Originally posted by Zorgo

Well said Kalfer... QFT

Warcraft 3 had panda's long before Kung Fu Panda was released or dreamed of.  See my above post. I feel like many of you have never paid attention to WoW before this.

They are taking a race from their own lore and making it playable. They are adding silly pop culture references as they have from day 1.

No one will ever convince me that Panda's are sillier than goat-men from outer space.

I'm aware as an example here is a segment from a post of mine from earlier in this thread . Note this is what I am seeing in this thread.

"it doesn't matter that this was already a part of the lore, there was a stupid movie made that had nothing at all to do with that lore, but hey it gives me ammunition"

This discussion has been closed.