Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play for free?

helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Did this game go f2p already? I saw people complaining about a potential cash shop working its way in.

Today I log on to this website and it says "Play for free". Did it go f2p or is it just advertising a free trial?

Comments

• PortlyFitPortlyFit Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by helthros

Did this game go f2p already? I saw people complaining about a potential cash shop working its way in.

Today I log on to this website and it says "Play for free". Did it go f2p or is it just advertising a free trial?

No, but there might be a free month or so.  Is fun for a limited time but becomes quite dull.

• drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

If you go to the site, it says free trial. not free forever.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

They have a free trial I'm assuming. But I'm not sure why mmorpg.com has it say, "Free MMOs to Play or Download Now!" with Rift in it. I'd assume seeing that means it is literally free.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

The official response to this was that Rift being on that list refers to "free download" in this case.

Which is curious at least, since there is a gigaton of games free to download -and they are not on the list.