Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned after playing for less than an hour.

AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

Downloaded the game, played for 45ish minutes. I really didn't like the visual style and the gameplay didn't seem like anything special, so I uninstalled it.

Later when trying to log into my aeria account from the main website, I get a message telling me I'm banned for breaking the rules. This wouldn't bother me that much if I didn't play SMT online, but I guess all of that is gone now too.

Just a warning to any potential players, Aeriagames can and will ban randomly. The saddest part? I'm sure if I was able to play, there would still be thousands of the same gold spammers in world chat advertising.

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Yes, because everyone knows a good business model is to randomly ban players for absolutely no reason at all. 

Why do people seriously make threads like this thinking people are stupid enough to not know its a load of crap and they did something to get banned? People weren't born yesterday.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Seems to me that one of three things happened.

1. You did something wrong.

2. Your account got hacked.

3. A player with a extremely similar name did something wrong, got reported and they banned the wrong guy (that actually happens sometimes).

I don't believe they ban random people, it would make no sense since all MMOs want as many players as possible. In fact most companies are bad the other way and let many people slip for some minor things.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

Areia Games has a terrible reputation with GM abuse and banning.  During the time I spent in Eden Eternal I winessed numerous cases where players would get banned or lose chat priviledges randomly.  EE is a damn fine game but the banning and heavy-handed moderation stories are not exageration.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Obviously you said something in chat that was against the rules. Probably uninstalled it on a rage quit and when you tried to go back you had already been banned for what you said.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

Originally posted by Zooce

Areia Games has a terrible reputation with GM abuse and banning.  During the time I spent in Eden Eternal I winessed numerous cases where players would get banned or lose chat priviledges randomly.  EE is a damn fine game but the banning and heavy-handed moderation stories are not exageration.

Pretty much this. I've seen the stories before, but I figured they were isolated cases of people being loud. Guess I was wrong lol

also wow at the EE defense force. yeah I definitely broke the TOS by playing for 40 minutes by doing a few quests and not speaking to anyone. it's actually sort of sad to see how much denial there is in here. doesn't matter though, i'm positive half the people posting in this thread will be banned eventually for no reason at all.

• hybridchichybridchic Member Posts: 20

Hmm.

Here are the options:

1. You did something in SMT to warrant a ban

2. While playing EE you came to be in possession of a duped item

3. While you were not talking to someone, it is possible you did run into other players, chose not to interact with them and you could have been banned for botting. EE has a huge botting problem from what I understand.

I do not believe AGE ban people for no reason. I do believe it is possible the reason could only be valid in the minds of the person doing the banning. Terms of Service is only fair and makes sense to the person that is charged with enforcing it. Think Animal Farm

• ThraileThraile Member Posts: 24

I was also banned randomly by Aeria games when I played Eden Eternal, it does happen people. Quit assuming he's some hacker or something and that he deserved to get banned. I got to level 47 or 48, I can't remember, when I got banned. All I did in that game was the quests and talked to my two other friends that were playing with me. I never messed with anyone or anything and all I did was play the game, then out of no where I can't log in and aeria games told me that they aren't sure what I did wrong exactly, just that I did something wrong. Their GM's suck.

• virindi1virindi1 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Dude, this same exact thing happened to me. 

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

It's not 1st time Aeria bans random people. Google it and you will see a lot of complaints about random bans from their games... 

• BigCaliGuruBigCaliGuru Member UncommonPosts: 103

That sux. Hope u get the issue resolved.

• MangaMaidenMangaMaiden Member Posts: 180

I just tried to sign into Aeria after I think months since actually playing an Aeria game (Grand Fantasia I think) and I find that my account has been banned O_o' (terms of use violation apparently).

I have heard of people getting banned before but geez... send an email or let us know what happened at least!

No Eden Eternal for me then image(don't like ban happy companies).

• hybridchichybridchic Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by viddiot007

That sux. Hope u get the issue resolved.

This is aeria games we're talking about. If resoliving the issue is the same as "getting your account back" odds of AGE doing it are slim since it implies they did something wrong. And most of the time it is.

Case in point, look at what happened to Ting and myself.

I guess you get what you pay for. Since the service is free the customer service is crap.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by Purutzil

Yes, because everyone knows a good business model is to randomly ban players for absolutely no reason at all. 

Why do people seriously make threads like this thinking people are stupid enough to not know its a load of crap and they did something to get banned? People weren't born yesterday.

Actually, I can say i've seen some companies go on banning sprees to make a point and somtimes they make errors and ban people because they, "think" the person did something wrong.  Adventurine is a perfect example.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• frookillfrookill Member UncommonPosts: 4

this happened to me too played for about 3 hours total log out try to play the next day and my account was banned . and all i did was play a little never did anything close to being offensive to anyone and also got the uhhmm we do not know what you did wrong but yeah you did something wrong answer to why my account was closed.  it seemed like a alright game but the gms suck goats

• vgp1983vgp1983 Member Posts: 4

started playing since Open beta. and never got banned. If you just read the TOS and stick by the rules, you WONT get banned. period.. :)

• matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136

Originally posted by vgp1983

started playing since Open beta. and never got banned. If you just read the TOS and stick by the rules, you WONT get banned. period.. :)

That's simply not the case.  My girlfriend was banned because they somehow suspected her of being one of those gold farmer/spammer types.  She had never used chat in any way, not a single word typed.  When she contacted them, they reversed the ban in about a day or so.  So you can believe that people are just talking smack and covering up their wrongdoings, but it's not the case.