Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Into Darkness - An Exclusive Dragon Preview

2»

Comments

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Originally posted by Scot

For me a cash shop is a real concern, no matter how much it is novelty items at the beginning it becomes gameplay altering items in the end. Lotro has had a cash shop for about a year, it started as nearly all fluff. There was some contention about Traits being boosted from the start but that’s all. Now you can buy a horse at level 5 and many other travel enhancements to speed up your levelling. There are now loads of potions and scrolls to enhance PvP performance. The best weapons in Lotro are found and then crafted to top level. You can now buy the base weapons and upgrades in the store.

Once you have a cash shop the slide to Pay to Win starts. Lotro is not a very PvP focused game, but the unfair playing field is already there. In a game like TSW the extra focus on PvP can only increase the problem. Also Lotro had established itself before a cash shop was introduced, games which start with cash shops do not have fair play enshrined in their ethos. So the slide to Pay to Win is that much quicker.

If it slides to Pay to Win, then please... please... do as I do and punish them by leaving the game and stopping your subscription.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt until then, but I don't want the MMO industry to believe that P2W has become acceptable (well, it won't be thanks to me at least).

• DevianeDeviane Member UncommonPosts: 108

SWTOR,GW" and TSW is hard to choose one...is why i  will try the three hehei was a lil imprecced reading the story i was expecting something more average but its  quite good

• s4ndm4n2006s4ndm4n2006 Member UncommonPosts: 56

Originally posted by Deviane

SWTOR,GW" and TSW is hard to choose one...is why i  will try the three hehei was a lil imprecced reading the story i was expecting something more average but its  quite good

well with the exception of SWTOR, I'm with you... Definitely going to be playing both GW2 and TSW!  I'm excited for both of those!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Originally posted by channel84

This game put the "story" into mmo ^^

Hmmm not so sure but it is possible we will find out come release.It is one thing to create a story but to make that story relate as a MMO,is another thing.

This game is at least intriguing but listed as a real life genre,again interesting.I did not have many complaints with Funcom's AOC maybe just that it gave a great initial experience but seemed linear and more like a single player game.

One thing for sure is the removal of levels i applaud tremendously,however i thin kthat is only because this is not a rpg.I was also not so happy to se no class structure because in a rpg you NEED the ROLE to play out a rpg,however again this game is not a RPG it is labelled a real life game.

So in it's structure i have no problem with the approach of this game and i still think  it looks to be at least worth watching.The one aspect that kinda irks me well not in a bad way but more in a "i'm not so sure about this idea" in of way ,is this social aspect fo the game.By that i mean i hope this doesn't mean anything related to Facebook or any kind of nonsense like that because that would turn me off big time.

This definitely looks to be an interesting concept and i congrats them for not being another cookie cutter MMO designer.With no levels and the constant crying over leveling content,i see this game as maybe having a much more mature palyer base again something i congrats.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.