Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

TERA: The Beauty of Battle

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,596MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

En Masse Entertainment has partnered with MMORPG.com to bring our readers the best TERA screenshots. In this week's TERA Tuesday, the screens show off the deadly beauty of combat in the game. Check them out in our TERA Tuesdays: The Beauty of Battle feature.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

image

Comments

  • LynxeyedLynxeyed Akron, OHPosts: 75Member

    Yes we have established the game is pretty. Please make with the beta or info releases....

  • SkillCosbySkillCosby Trenton, MIPosts: 684Member

    Nice looking game. So was Age of Conan.

     

    I'd like to in-depth breakdown of this game, e.g., economy, pvp, classes, etc. I know I can up that info myself, but I really don't care much to.

  • mCalvertmCalvert Tallahassee, FLPosts: 1,283Member

    What did we tell you about screenshots?

  • OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,187Member Uncommon

    Pretty does not do it.  Why did the korean version have to condense servers so quickly after launch?  That does not speak well for the game even though the western version is being heavily customized.

  • Master10KMaster10K LondonPosts: 3,065Member

    MOAR SCREENSHOTS!

    That pretty much sums up the majority of Tera updates.

    image

  • QSatuQSatu WarsawPosts: 1,735Member Uncommon

    It starts to feel as if the game has nothing going for it than graphics.

  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Posts: 847Member Uncommon

    The idea is to print off all the screen shots. Pile them up, then flick through them quickly. This will give you a run through of the game.......

    Spoiler - the first hour is the guy trying to pick the weapon up.

  • OtakunOtakun New Providence, PAPosts: 864Member

    Originally posted by Ozmodan

    Pretty does not do it.  Why did the korean version have to condense servers so quickly after launch?  That does not speak well for the game even though the western version is being heavily customized.


     

    Well, if you want to believe the fans of TERA then it's not that our version is being heavily customized. it's the fact that TERA is normally very westernized already and Koreans don't like it. TERA is very quest grind heavy instead of normal grind and you can reach max level in a week and a half. This is apparently why it's not doing well in Korea.

  • TalthanysTalthanys Millersville, MDPosts: 458Member

    The weapons are too small. Sure, some naysayers, and the old and muzzled graybeards who were ancient in their yesteryears would say 'A sword the size of a tree is stupid. No more stupid."

    Not enough stupid, I say! A tree? A piffling, trifling common object is enough to sate your desire for blood and mayhem? I want swords the length of football fields! I want halberds capable of giving the moon a vasectomy! I want weapons carving such deep grooves into our Mother Earth that even DragonBallZ characters will have to stop and say 'Wow, that's overkill.'

    image

  • OtakunOtakun New Providence, PAPosts: 864Member

    Originally posted by Talthanys

    The weapons are too small. Sure, some naysayers, and the old and muzzled graybeards who were ancient in their yesteryears would say 'A sword the size of a tree is stupid. No more stupid."

    Not enough stupid, I say! A tree? A piffling, trifling common object is enough to sate your desire for blood and mayhem? I want swords the length of football fields! I want halberds capable of giving the moon a vasectomy! I want weapons carving such deep grooves into our Mother Earth that even DragonBallZ characters will have to stop and say 'Wow, that's overkill.'

  • SirBalinSirBalin Joppa, MDPosts: 1,150Member Uncommon

    They know they had a bad launch in Korea...thats the hold up with NA, they want to make it right.  they already said Q1 2012 I believe, or maybe it was Q2, but they did say it.  I think the biggest fail for the koreans was the flagging...pretty much no one wants that.  Pve guys don't want much pvp anyway, and the pvpers don't want flagging...so to even have the flagging was silly.  I think they'll take out flagging and the game should be successful here....need to add sieging though for end game in a game like this.  Otherwise Archeage will eat it up when it launches.

    Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

  • StormwindXStormwindX LondonPosts: 168Member

    A giant enemy crab. I wonder what you can do to hit it for massive damage?

  • OtakunOtakun New Providence, PAPosts: 864Member

    Originally posted by afhn2110

    They know they had a bad launch in Korea...thats the hold up with NA, they want to make it right.  they already said Q1 2012 I believe, or maybe it was Q2, but they did say it.  I think the biggest fail for the koreans was the flagging...pretty much no one wants that.  Pve guys don't want much pvp anyway, and the pvpers don't want flagging...so to even have the flagging was silly.  I think they'll take out flagging and the game should be successful here....need to add sieging though for end game in a game like this.  Otherwise Archeage will eat it up when it launches.

    Taking out flagging will ruin the game here just as much as leaving it in. Why? Cause people will gank people in PVP gear. It's already been stated by players that anyone in PVP gear while you're in PVE gear is going to beat you. Gear over Skill will take over and then you will have people rage then rage quit.

  • liadzliadz Campina Grande, AKPosts: 35Member

    Going to war, gotta get my high heels.

    image

  • PaskePaske ZagrebPosts: 122Member Uncommon

    Was there a point to this useless post ?

  • OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,187Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Otakun



    Originally posted by Ozmodan



    Pretty does not do it.  Why did the korean version have to condense servers so quickly after launch?  That does not speak well for the game even though the western version is being heavily customized.






     

    Well, if you want to believe the fans of TERA then it's not that our version is being heavily customized. it's the fact that TERA is normally very westernized already and Koreans don't like it. TERA is very quest grind heavy instead of normal grind and you can reach max level in a week and a half. This is apparently why it's not doing well in Korea.

    I have seen that response many times and it could be true, but most of the comments I have seen from the people who have tried the korean version say it lacks a lot in content.   I guess we just have to wait and see, but I doubt you will see many subscribe to this game without it getting glowing reviews.

  • lectrocudalectrocuda Las Vegas, NVPosts: 604Member

    ...because things that are popular in Korea are popular everywhere

    To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

  • sycofiendsycofiend Frederick, MDPosts: 128Member

    Forced PVP is not that desired in the US, I think that would be a big detractor from the game's success.  I would have liked AION if it werent for the lack of good PvE, forced PvP and the eye-gougingly bad nature of the PvP

    I have been watching and looking forward to the unique combat system of TERA for a while, if it were to go forced PvP it would definitley kill it for me.

     

     

  • albaficassalbaficass thessalonikiPosts: 101Member

    Originally posted by Ozmodan

    Pretty does not do it.  Why did the korean version have to condense servers so quickly after launch?  That does not speak well for the game even though the western version is being heavily customized.


     

    first of all if this game failed in korea thats a dam good reason  to be succesful in the west....(aion is the top mmo in korea and we all know what grindfest horrible rng it was...)

    tera has MUCH MUCH more less grind and lottery to win.

    it has AWESOME PVP...ranked pvp...warzones,guild vs guild and guild from one server vs another server.

    i could continue all day long about tera..it is an awesome game. (played korean version)

    koreans have a totaly different taste than westerns and for me tera failed in korea is all i need to buy it.

  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Boring, TXPosts: 1,171Member Uncommon

    They charged 33% more for their subscription fee, on top of it, Koreans do not like subsciption. So for a game to even have one in the first place screams failure in KR, but to have the most expensive Subscription fee of any mmo known to date, well that's just their fault.

Sign In or Register to comment.