Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game will end up the same as rift

1235»

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by SnarkRitter

Originally posted by BadSpock

That's pretty much the definition of success in this genre, no denying that.

That's subjective, I've made a thread about this subject on this website about a year ago and more than half of the votes didn't agree with your definition of success.

This website is 1% of 1% of the MMORPG community as a whole and extremely biased.

Any poll on this site is worth absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

• DreamionDreamion Member UncommonPosts: 287

Because it's Star Wars + Bioware + MMO, it doesn't matter if it's like the other mmo's out there, it's still Star Wars and that's where I want to be, in that universe, breathing it!

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Originally posted by Snoepie

To be honest i really have no idea why this game so high in rating..

On the other Hand every big game company who releases a game is overhyped tho..

What does this game gives?

Basic Questing

Tab target

housing?? I don't know?

Video's : Combat looks really dul ( youtube movies)

Can maybe any one explain to me: why this game is getting so much attention?

People like it. I like it. I couldn't care less about any hype, though.

Rift couldn't hold me for long, but this is Star Wars, with Bioware NPC Interaction (Trademark? :P). That's a sure-buy for me.

That said, I couldn't possibly change your opinion, nor can I be bothered to. We'll just agree that we disagree.

Rift couldnt hold you long yet you are expecting the exact same game but with voice over acting falore to do the same thing.  What exactly is different from SWToR and Rift, they are the same exact game with different developers and different story but the gameplay, the style, the instances, the endgame, the pvp and everything is the same yet you think SWToR will hold you over.

Read the defenition of insanity sir.  You know the whole "doing the same thing ad naseum expecting a differing result".

Very simple:

To me, story comes first, followed by gameplay. I'd have to add that I don't think it will hold me, I know it will hold me, since I have played it already.

And I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't come to conclusions so swiftly. Some people still play MMORPG's for the RPG part.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by Snoepie

To be honest i really have no idea why this game so high in rating..

On the other Hand every big game company who releases a game is overhyped tho..

What does this game gives?

Basic Questing

Tab target

housing?? I don't know?

Video's : Combat looks really dul ( youtube movies)

Can maybe any one explain to me: why this game is getting so much attention?

You know how, like whole generations have passed and the actress who played Leila is old and decrepit and completely unnattractive under her many layers of botox and plastic surgery?

You know how there's still like 100 Leilas at every comic/sci-fi/nerd-convention?

That's why it's so popular.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• ZaushZaush Member Posts: 371
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

The questing is FAR from basic. Even the more run-of-the-mill fetch quests are given a bit of interesting back story through voice acting, and the dark side/light side choices are fun, as well as affecting what quests you get later on in some cases.
    You don't get housing AFAIK, but you DO get a spaceship which pretty much serves that function plus transportation. I don't know exactly how much the interior can be customized, but I do know there will be some options made available.
    The combat IS tab target, but feels much better than other MMORPGs. The animations especially make it feel pretty visceral, and they synch up pretty well with the action.
    I'd love to elucidate further, but I'd be breaking NDA (all of the info I've listed has been made available through various articles and such).
    Insofar as hype goes, well, it's basically an MMO sequel to KOTOR, which is probably one of the most renowned and beloved Star Wars games of all time. That's gonna add a few points to the hype meter, as well as the fact it's being made by Bioware, which is one of the most cherished companies by RPG fans.
    Personally, I think the game lives up to the hype. I will be buying and enjoying it come Dec. 20th, and the wait will be painful, lol.

I was going to post something, but this pretty much tells you all you need to know. Just remember, SWToR will have a much broader appeal appeal beyond just the topical MMO player. For many KOTOR and BIoware RPG fans this will be their first MMO experience.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by marquisk2

Rift couldnt hold you long yet you are expecting the exact same game but with voice over acting falore to do the same thing.  What exactly is different from SWToR and Rift, they are the same exact game with different developers and different story but the gameplay, the style, the instances, the endgame, the pvp and everything is the same yet you think SWToR will hold you over.

Read the defenition of insanity sir.  You know the whole "doing the same thing ad naseum expecting a differing result".

lol exactly just because it has some voice overs and some animation and it will magically make it awesome.  It's going to be the same as any other MMORPG with just fluff.  Also, how fun will it be going through the story again with an alt?  Sure you have options to choose for the story but seriously it's nothing new without the voice acting.

I'm gonna have to direct you to my previous answer. People play games for different reasons.

If you don't understand my reasons, that's fine. But atleast respect them, instead of claiming how your way is the only way. It's not. By far.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by BadSpock

People who don't like this game are just scared of it doing well because everyone else will be playing and loving it and they'll still be all emo because they aren't "part of the masses."

It's just like WoW...

It's totally cool to hate on WoW because you are one of the few people not playing the game.

So everyone busts out the crystal ball and tells us TOR is going to fail or some other garbage because they don't want to play it, not because it will actually do poorly.

I've seen this thread... 3,987,492,874 times over the past 3 years.

No when ever wins, we all just waste a lot of time.

Mass generalizations are fun!

I actually gave the game a chance and still didn't like it. And I couldn't care less about the masses since so far as I've seen, I could do without the majority of the people that will be playing this game invading the ones coming in the future that I actually think I'll enjoy.

Just because you want to be part of the clique doesn't mean everyone else does too *pat pat*

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Mass generalizations are fun!

I actually gave the game a chance and still didn't like it. And I couldn't care less about the masses since so far as I've seen, I could do without the majority of the people that will be playing this game invading the ones coming in the future that I actually think I'll enjoy.

Just because you want to be part of the clique doesn't mean everyone else does too *pat pat*

Completely missed the point... but that's ok.

Just because you don't want to be part of the clique doesn't mean everyone else doesn't too *pat pat*

Hence, the OP is just wasting people's time because there is no "answer" to this discussion.

This thread is as pointless as if I wrote a thread called "This game will not end up the same as rift."

This entire website is pretty much pointless lol but my lord is it fun most of the time.

Forum Game FTW best MMORPG ever.

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Every game in recent history has done the same thing.....

Pre-release:

ZOMG ZOMG BEST GAME EVA!

Release: 

ZOMG ZOMG BEST GAME EVA!  ... if the f*cking servers weren't shit..

A week after release:

ZOMG ...  Best Gam.... F*CK <Insert Game Company Here> for nerfing my class.   Assume <Insert Game Company Here> is specifically out targetting you... personally...  make sure the whole gaming community and forum world knows it too!

29 days after release:

WTF?!?!  RAGE QUIT -  < Insert 3 billion 'I quit' forum posts' > - I hate <Insert Game Company Here>  they are worse than <Insert Game Company Here>  I'm going to go play <Insert WoW..>  (On your way out, be sure to insult the remaining player base..)

60 days after release: 

(Of those who remain...)   It'll get better, the miracle patch is in <Insert X Day, X weeks, or X Years>

90 Days after release: 

MMORPG.com news post "<Insert Game Title> :  What Went Wrong?"   -  Rabid fan uproar.. 

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Maybe there was a genuine question in there somewhere, but that time has passed and this is now pretty much an off-topic circle. Locking.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.