Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runes of Magic Review - 2011

RevofireRevofire Melbourne, FLMember Posts: 258 Uncommon

http://ct-daily.co.cc/?p=131

Game review...

Honestly, I think this is pretty much what the game is, decent, but just not good enough.

What are your thoughts?

Tagged:

Veteran MMORPG Player -

ROM
EVE
RS (pre-EOC)- Habbo
Combat Arms - Crossfire -AVA
Maplestory, and more.

Comments

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly genevaMember Posts: 734

lag & bugs but fun if you have a lot of money to spend or you like slow grind for free...

IMO the worst ever item shop at RoM

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• RevofireRevofire Melbourne, FLMember Posts: 258 Uncommon

Makes for one of the lower end MMORPG's out there. Looking for an alternative.

Veteran MMORPG Player -

ROM
    EVE
    RS (pre-EOC)- Habbo
    Maplestory, and more.

• alterfenixalterfenix Bielsko-BialaMember Posts: 357 Uncommon

Originally posted by assault3hro

http://ct-daily.co.cc/?p=131
    Game review...
    Honestly, I think this is pretty much what the game is, decent, but just not good enough.
    What are your thoughts?

I played it up to chapter 3. Came back for a few weeks to see what's new with chapter 4. As to me it looks like they can't really decide what kind of the game RoM should be. Shame as after a few years such decision should be made.

Chapter 1 was a really fun part. Then they introduced chapter 2. Let just say that there is a reason why so many ppl that I knew prefered playing just released Aion instead of chapter 2. Then chapter 3 which is where they seemd to want to go back to chapter 1 with a lot of stuff but didn't seem to have any good idea how to do that. And now chapter 4 which looks rather like they ran out of ideas. As to me the best idea about it was warden/warrior. Making wardens able to tank even just in one combo should be done long time ago in chapter 2. Obviously they could't come to this obvious conclusion for two years...

Reassuming playing through chapter 1 content is atm short but still fun. After that fun decays starting with chapter 2 (with each zone it becomes just less and less fun).

• RevofireRevofire Melbourne, FLMember Posts: 258 Uncommon

The game could use some improvement but overall, a decent game for a newbie to MMORPG's in MY opinion.

Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments box of the website post.

Veteran MMORPG Player -

ROM
    EVE
    RS (pre-EOC)- Habbo
    Maplestory, and more.