Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not Trolling, just not sure what to make of this

WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

A week ago, I re installed my OS, as I periodically do, with my configs that over time I have tweaked to my likeing.

Have it all on a small HD which stays off line and only goes on when I clone from it.

I then install my Battlefield Bad Company 2, and play it for a week to make sure all is right (thats my test game, if that monster works, generally my other games do.

As usual I had it running just fine, until, I installed Fallen Earth, and the latest Ventrillo (which my FE clan uses).

I always pin my Bad Company, Ccleaner, FE, and Vent, to my start menue, and launch from there, with never a problem.

Until now.

When I launch FE, and play, then log out, Bad Company will launch, but I cannot connect to any server. If I restart I can.

If I just launch Bad Company, it works fine. If I launch vent, and then Bad Company, everything fine.

So un pinned Bad Company, tried all the scenario's, same thing.

Un pinned vent and FE, tried all the scenarios, same thing.

Now this has only started doing this since I installed FE, with the new patch.

Also my pings and latency, in Bad Company(in game) are very bad, as well as lag, and only since putting FE in.

Ive played both games since release, never had I had this issue. And when I uninstall FE, the issue goes away.

My TCIP is good, and speed test is all proper, 28.7 megabit download, 2.16 megabit upload, 5 ms ping, same as always.

And the problem only happens with FE installed.

Anyone else have this happening, or have a suggestion?

PS. I am using the same antivirus as always

See the world and all within it.
Live a lifetime in every minute.

Comments

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

FE could be running a torrent device in the backround. Maybe something similar to pando media booster or something.

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

You might see if there is a process called PMB.EXE running, if so just find Pando Media Booster in your program list and uninstall it, once a game is installed you dont need it anymore.  But to be honest even if that is the case it shouldnt be actually noticable loss of bandwidth..  The speed at which it seeds the install files is extremely small.

Many many games use this now to install the initial client.. Many people will claim it is a virus, but it really isnt. Maybe a little misleading but hell, for games I really like and actively play I leave it up to share the client files to others.. Every little bit helps I guess :)

Other then that, no problems in any area since installing FE.

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

Yeah I uninstalled, both Pando, and Gamersfirst as soon as the FE install was done, which is my normal procedure.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I often cntrl/alt/del to check services to see what is running in there.Sometimes games don't clear oput of cache properly or leaver something running on a bad exit or an error log.I wouldn't be so sure you completely erased Pando,you'll know if you see it running again in services.You running Vista?

A perfect example is when i use my UT99 editor,it never shuts down properly and leaves something amock.My graphics will sometimes go glitched where i can't fix the desktop unless i reboot.Sometimes the game will run super fast or super slow and sometimes every server will ping 4ms which is basically because it is too slow not too fast.

I just read about it  not long,i think it was only vista related byt maybe was also XP and was bascially not fixable as it was related to certain programs and how they shut down.I would say to make sure you shut the game down properly for starters.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

Yeah good word, but alas no it isn't running. Also checked services to see if it is listed, and no. However uninstalled both Vent and FE, and then reinstalled BF, problem persists, so Im thinking Ive gotten one of the many BF bugs, coincidently t the time of my FE install.

Weird thing is before I did the uninstalls and re install, it only did it if I launched FE.

I have a so so sollution, seems if I launch the BF updater from C, it works every time. But shortcut the launcher, or pin it, and it's a crap shoot.

eh well it's not a perfect world,