Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loong a diamond in the rough,

SakerasoSakeraso Member Posts: 45

I'd like to say frist WOOOOOOWWWWW

I've been in the same rut as everyone here with the way mmorpgs are today.

but the wait is over guys, go play this game called loong, not too grindy everything is responsive,

they have mentor/student quests where higher levels are encouraged to help you learn and everyone benefits sometimes even with cash shop items

they give you a roulette cube every few quests or so with chances at rare mount from the cash shop , this is not pay to win , its pay for fun if you choose so

really everyone don't dismiss this post just go try it, its fantastic.

Comments

• angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

How engaging is the pve combat?  Is it dangerous or trivial?  I ask for two reason.  I read a review which said the pve combat in Loong was not challenging.  I just quit another asian-designed game over the same issue.

Suppose the game gives you a quest to go kill 10 wolves.  In a typical western game it might take eight seconds to kill a wolf assuming I use all of my special attacks.  If I get distracted the wolf might kill me instead.  In some asian games (like SotNW and Jade Dynasty) it would take only three seconds to kill the wolf using nothing but auto attack.  In those games your special skills and attacks are only needed for bosses and pvp.  I'm sure there are exceptions but this has been my experience.

Which of those two descriptions more closely describes the pve combat in Loong?

• RheicRheic Member UncommonPosts: 4

The PvE is not that challenging, but you do need to use every possible skill to kill anything on your level under 10 seconds. You'll also need to stop and rest after every 3-4 mobs to prevent dying. I rarely do though. This game has so great combat soundtracks that I find myself dying pretty often just for trying to keep the music playing...

Bosses are soloable too, but unless you're way past their level, you'll need a LOTS of items to survive.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

i enjoyed this game as far as reached to certain level wich some reason i got pvp on wich i didnt know and i surely didint put it on and some dude just came and killed me for laugh, uninstall, i know you guys are saying now its pvp game blaablaa but anyways my reason for leaving. its ok if i know when i have pvp on and i didi it to mess around with other people who wants to kill me but this situation i was merely doing some pve quests and got ganked, so whoohoo.

other than that it was very enjoyable game.

cheers

• RheicRheic Member UncommonPosts: 4

It's open PvP from level 30 onwards. Activating PK mode only means you can hit them back... After all my years playing mmo's I prefer it that way. At least there's something I can do about botters, kill stealers and generally annoying people I see every day. No-one tried to attack me in Loong yet. Most people do try to keep things civil among others, for a simple reason. Kill a clanless player and he'll never join your guild (and neither will his friends). Kill one in another guild and you might have 30 high level PKers after you for the next month. PKing is actually way more common in PvE games where both participants must activate PK mode...

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Tried this one, then tried Martial Empires, listed right next to it, on the Gamigo page.  ME seemed like the much better game.  but it's just got one EU server, and it's not even listed on this site?  What am I missing?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Honestly I found Long to be a pretty good game. The pacing seems about right but I'm only level 24 so I haven't reached the pvpers threshold yet. If it pans out like you guys say it does, I may just stick with Scarlet Legacy instead. It has about the say over pacing but leans a little more to the pve side for things. I never ran out of quest to do and I just hit 20 recently.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

last i check tho gamiga wasnt going to newer version of this game ,since in asia they are at version 3 something and gamigo was at version 1 something.this game lacked a lot of insanelly cool feature from the main chinese version.it is like playing vanilla wow when in usa they play cataclysm !