Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online: Try Not to Get TOO Excited But...

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The official THQ game page for Warhammer 40,000 Dark Millenium has a new release date. According to the page, the game is scheduled for release on March 31, 2013. Be sure to mark your calendars.

Thanks to CaptHerp for the tip!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

This is probably the 5th time I've seen this. Before people completely take this out of context...

the date is TENTATIVE. Its a wild estimate. 

You dont know if the game will be delayed or not!!

Now...we continue to wait for a year+!

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Well, ya think? ;) It was more of a "can you believe that they posted such an exact tentative date and gee ya think that'll change before then" kind of thing. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KuaidamKuaidam Member Posts: 183

Wait a minute... If the End of the World is supposed to be on  Dec 2012, how is the game going to launch on march 31, 2013?

?

0.o

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Eherm, anyways...Apparently there seems to have been some leak of information regarding DMO40k (See forum section) from GDC Online 2011. Whether its true or not is speculative. But if it is, well there is a lot of information to disseminate from that post regarding the game.

Additionally, if it is true then we should be expecting a big reveal soon. I'm going to wager that it may not be accurate, since its just too much too soon without any footage/pics.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by SBFord

Well, ya think? ;) It was more of a "can you believe that they posted such an exact tentative date and gee ya think that'll change before then" kind of thing. :D

I think we should hold them to it. I think, as customers, we should require, nay, demand that they uphold this timetable! image

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Originally posted by Kuaidam

Wait a minute... If the End of the World is supposed to be on  Dec 2012, how is the game going to launch on march 31, 2013?

?

0.o

Clearly the end of the world would only delay the game and prospone this date. Pretty sure THQ is big enough to have plans for fires, tornado's, tsunami's, big astroid distroying the world and power outage.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

2013 is so far away that at this point it means nothing more that they plan to release it mid 2013 but may as well be delayed all the way till late 2013/early 2014. Too many other games on the horizon to really worry for this one yet. 

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Kuaidam

?

0.o

Nah that was just a bad Google translation, the servers will reboot on Dec 2012 and there will be the possibility of a character wipe. Nothing we haven't experienced before so I expect about a four to eight hour downtime while the servers are patched.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Lost ALL interest in this game the moment their Lead Developer said they were "aiming for World of Warcraft subscribers", and that "If you enjoy WoW, Warhammer 40k Online will be an EASY move for you". 

I have ZERO interest in another Warhammer Online debacle. I'm also disappointed in ANY Warhammer 40k fans on this forum if they have ANY interest in this game. It's another Two-Sided Evil vs Good bullcrappery with even MORE similarities to WoW than Warhammer Online had.

Dev Source: Source

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• KuaidamKuaidam Member Posts: 183

lol

Now being serious:

I started following WH40k not so long ago, maybe 3 years ago when Soulstorm came out. I loved the world inmediately.

Loved DoWII and now Space Marine is that great!

I have good hopes for DMO.

I'll patiently wait for it. In the mean time, i'll be playing SWTOR = )

Did you completely ignore my post o_o?

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Lost ALL interest in this game the moment their Lead Developer said they were "aiming for World of Warcraft subscribers", and that "If you enjoy WoW, Warhammer 40k Online will be an EASY move for you". 

Didnt know that in the WH40K lore was any Good either evil. Anyway dont get influenced by some things like "we are aiming for wow gamers" relly me, at the end its only to generate discussion and make people speak about it.

Edit: Correction, actually there is evil yes, but not any Good guys after all.

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

There's this thing called preference. It's a truly amazing thing. It basically means that different people like different thing.

So for example:

You personally may find that having any resemblance to WoW is a negative.

Others may actually find that having any resemblance to WoW is a positive.

There may even be people who don't really mind a game having a resemblance to WoW either way, as long as there's enough other interesting features.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

Originally posted by gobla

There's this thing called preference. It's a truly amazing thing. It basically means that different people like different thing.

So for example:

There may even be people who don't really mind a game having a resemblance to WoW either way, as long as there's enough other interesting features.

You're completely ignoring my point. That point, was that FORCING one game to resemble another completely destroys it as a whole. Warhammer has bloody, action packed, and strategy based. NONE of that is World of Warcraft! WoW even stole more than 90% of its material from the Warhammer IP.

Preference has ZERO impact on this discussion. Any time the developer attempts to destroy an IP by forcing it to be something else with THAT specific IP's skin then it's NOT the original product. The project already has caught them a CRAP load of heat from 40k fans, and they've even gone as far as ignoring the 40k MMO as being anything related to the 40k genre.

In essence, the fans themselves refuse to even recognize the 40k MMO if it goes ANYWHERE near WoW.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

This game was announced back in 2008 by 2013 i ewont even care anymore. THQ came way too late to the party.

• grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

So for example:

I highly doubt many people want to see a Warhammer 40k MMO game have any resemblance to WoW. They can do it with TOR because Star Wars and Warcraft are pretty much the same story with different skins, but W40k doesn't fit the same mold in the least bit.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

Originally posted by nerovipus32

This game was announced back in 2008 by 2013 i ewont even care anymore. THQ came way too late to the party.

There's a party?

I see WoW up on center stage doing a karaoke version of Mad World, TOR mistakenly thought it was a costume party and is trying to pass himself off as 'just interesting,' WAR is passed out in the corner, AoC is attempting to crawl out of some vomit from under a table, EvE is watching from afar like the dapper gentlemen he is, and the rest of the guests are having an STD-infested orgy in the back room.

That may be the definition of a party, but it's no party I want to be a party to.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

I have ZERO interest in another Warhammer Online debacle. I'm also disappointed in ANY Warhammer 40k fans on this forum if they have ANY interest in this game. It's another Two-Sided Evil vs Good bullcrappery with even MORE similarities to WoW than Warhammer Online had.

Dev Source: Source

I'm going to agree with you on this one. WH40K is really an amazing setting to lose yourself in. It is so diverse and complicated where the lines between good and evil are blurry at best. I don't think the WoW forumla is going to work here. I could be wrong and I really hope that I am.  To water down what has already been created in 40k would be pretty sad.

This interview is from June. Im sure many have already read it but it makes me more confident in this game than the one you posted.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-16-warhammer-40k-mmo-playable-next-year

Being a 40k fan I really hope this game finds its own way to greatness rather than follow the WoW  formula and be mediocre as all of the other followers have been.

Looks like now that all the slow news sites caught up, they took down the date. And the genre (it was RPG).

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• MisfiterMisfiter Member UncommonPosts: 3

I say good news, good indeed.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Good luck, but in 1.5  years I seriously doubt there will be much of a market for Y-A-W-C.

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

Originally posted by grawss

Originally posted by nerovipus32

There's a party?

I see WoW up on center stage doing a karaoke version of Mad World, TOR mistakenly thought it was a costume party and is trying to pass himself off as 'just interesting,' WAR is passed out in the corner, AoC is attempting to crawl out of some vomit from under a table, EvE is watching from afar like the dapper gentlemen he is, and the rest of the guests are having an STD-infested orgy in the back room.

That may be the definition of a party, but it's no party I want to be a party to.

ROFLMAO-and-other-lol-istic-abreviations

+10 for this, in the imaginary forum scorebook.  That I wrote and published.  yes.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

2013? That is about 9 (!!) years since WoW got released and still all they want to come up with is another WoW clone? Pathetic.

• todrulestodrules Member Posts: 15

So for example:

You're completely ignoring my point. That point, was that FORCING one game to resemble another completely destroys it as a whole. Warhammer has bloody, action packed, and strategy based. NONE of that is World of Warcraft! WoW even stole more than 90% of its material from the Warhammer IP.

Preference has ZERO impact on this discussion. Any time the developer attempts to destroy an IP by forcing it to be something else with THAT specific IP's skin then it's NOT the original product. The project already has caught them a CRAP load of heat from 40k fans, and they've even gone as far as ignoring the 40k MMO as being anything related to the 40k genre.

In essence, the fans themselves refuse to even recognize the 40k MMO if it goes ANYWHERE near WoW.

So, if WoW stole 90% of its material from the Warhammer IP, and then if 40K tries to be like WoW, then it should actually be at least 90% like the Warhammer IP. I thought that was a good thing?

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

So for example:

Just want to point out that, yes, he did say that last year (?), but now they are saying the combat plays out like Spacemarine and it's built on the Darksiders engine. Have a little hope that it won't necessarily turn out to be a reskinned WoW.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil