Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Rosewill RK-9000 Keyboard Review

2»

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by Cacophanist

Looks nasty !

Lack of back lit keys is too big a no no for me now.

yeah, I need the back lit keys, won't buy a keyboard without them.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

The $5 Rosewell keyboard I have has more buttons than that one and looks nicer.  Not that it's any better for gaming but it doesn't look impressive.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• bishboshbishbosh Member Posts: 388

Originally posted by precious328

"Gaming Hardware" is a joke. I mean... 100+ for a keyboard and some mice? Crazy.

I competed in the US Unreal Tournament 3 1v1 competition. I played against the top players from accross the country.

I won. I used a 19.99 Microsoft Optical Wheelmouse.

errrm the Microsoft wheel mouse optical 1.1 is one of the best FPS gaming mouses. ever since they stopped producing it , prices have jumped since they are extremely sought after. gaming hardware is just hardware that people use to play games with. it doesnt neccesarily have to be marketed so.

i completely agree that most "gaming" manufacturers are full of BS eg. razer/logitech. the only decent product razer has produced is the deathadder 3g (old one). logitech just churns out shit consistently.

i dont think people dont understand why this keyboard is good. IT HAS MECHANICAL SWITCHES. this means it lasts for ever and it feels great to type with. too many kiddies here who like flashing lights and racing stripes and cant recognise superior engineering when they see it. 

and most non mechanical keyboards dont have proper anti ghosting unlike manufacturer claims. i can crouch+diagonal move+ grenade on my regular keyboard but on my mechanical one i can.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

A $100.00 for a basic keyboard? For that price you better be able to put it in the dishwasher like you could with that now 20 year old Gateway keyboard. I'd also want to remove that huge Rosewill trademark on the top.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Definitely not worth of the pricetag, imho.

My opinion echoes previous comments. I have a five year old keyboard that has more functionality than the RK-9000, looks more stylish, and is probably worth a grand total of five dollars (maybe twenty when it was new).

Overpriced piece of junk.

• MonsieurXMonsieurX Member UncommonPosts: 46

Originally posted by bishbosh

i dont think people dont understand why this keyboard is good. IT HAS MECHANICAL SWITCHES. this means it lasts for ever and it feels great to type with. too many kiddies here who like flashing lights and racing stripes and cant recognise superior engineering when they see it. 

and most non mechanical keyboards dont have proper anti ghosting unlike manufacturer claims. i can crouch+diagonal move+ grenade on my regular keyboard but on my mechanical one i can.

QTF.

You have to try one to fully undertstand the superiority of a mechanical keyboard ( with PS/2 port ).

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Agricola1

I use a merc stealth it's held up very well for the past 2+ years, that Rosewill one looks a bit lack lustre to me.

Hey me too. I could never go back to a normal keyboard for gaming after getting used to the Merc.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

my desktop needs a new keyboard i think.  I'm still using the KB that came with my Dell I bought ~14 years ago to play everquest lol.  It's been a solid keyboard, but most of the keys have no letters on them (luckily I know how to type right lol), and I've noticed over the past 3 or so months the ASWDQE and space bar sometimes fail to fire when typing (too much moving around I guess).  i've never updated my KB since I always just build myself a new tower and I'm good to go,  I've been looking for a new KB and reading reviews and what not.  The Merc KB seems to have really good reviews everywhere I read, and it looks really good too, and it's pretty cheap!

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=merc+stealth&hl=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=596&wrapid=tlif131861357643210&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2332393676587057246&sa=X&ei=U3KYToK3KO2nsQLip7jPBA&ved=0CGcQ8wIwAQ#

• bishboshbishbosh Member Posts: 388

Originally posted by Gravarg

my desktop needs a new keyboard i think.  I'm still using the KB that came with my Dell I bought ~14 years ago to play everquest lol.  It's been a solid keyboard, but most of the keys have no letters on them (luckily I know how to type right lol), and I've noticed over the past 3 or so months the ASWDQE and space bar sometimes fail to fire when typing (too much moving around I guess).  i've never updated my KB since I always just build myself a new tower and I'm good to go,  I've been looking for a new KB and reading reviews and what not.  The Merc KB seems to have really good reviews everywhere I read, and it looks really good too, and it's pretty cheap!

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=merc+stealth&hl=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=596&wrapid=tlif131861357643210&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2332393676587057246&sa=X&ei=U3KYToK3KO2nsQLip7jPBA&ved=0CGcQ8wIwAQ#

i suggest getting a tenkeyless (no numpad) or a compact keyboard if you wish to use it for playing games. this is ofc not  a good idea if you use the numpad regularly ( if you work in data entry or accounting etc etc).

if your willing to fork out 80-90$ on a keyboard i suggesting getting a mechanical kb. sure u wont get flashy lights and bling at this price range in a mechanical but u will have a piece of hardware that will last forever and that feels good to use.

• CacophanistCacophanist Member Posts: 100

Originally posted by BillMurphy

Originally posted by Robsolf

Well... I'm on my 2nd fairly expensive Logitech KB that's giving me crap in less than 2 years.  So there IS something to say about a solid KB.  But like someone else said, lack of backlit keys is an automatic DQ, for me.  If that means I have to buy a new KB every 2 years, so be it.  Just that my next one won't be a Logitech.

Yeah, the lack of back-lighting was a downer for me too. But really, I pretty much always work in a lighted office, so it's not something I personally am missing. It's just a nice feature to have.

Bill if you could review the solar powered wireless keyboard from Logitech I would be most happy :) 

Or the Arc Touch mouse from Microsoft ...

:)