Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you ready for Skyrim ?

Comments

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by alakram

Originally posted by SaintViktor

On 11/11/11 gaming epicness will take shape. I so can't wait to have my first dragon fight and explore every inch of Skyrm. MMOs need to learn from great rpgs such as this one heading our way. Are you ready ? Lets do this!

Tomorrow Im doing my pre order.

I loved Morrowind.

I loved Oblivion.

Also, I have my computer ready:

8 Gb of ram

AMD 6 cores HAHAHA! I got INTEL! /alotoftrolling

Gygabyte N470GTX 1200gb <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I doubt I have any problems runing it.

I can't be more ready.

Well, good for you. But you only need 1Gb.

Skyrim is  basically a console port to PC...only needs a Core 2 Duo to run.

• ThrakkThrakk Member Posts: 1,226

Skyrim is going to be the best Elder Scrolls game

1.) Immersiveness

a. 70 voice actors (versus 14 in Oblivion)

b. Tons of new animations including kill finish animations

c. Radiant Story (many ways to do a quest)

d. Radiant A.I.

e. More scenic environment than Oblivion. Better graphics. More variety. Insects, birds, fish

f. Minor jobs - mining, milling, lumberjacking... that sort of thing. Smithing and cooking added to skills

g. Removal of major/minor skills. Now the "major" skills are the ones you use the most. You can sucessfully have a hand to hand combat character now. There's more reasons to specialize as a assassin/thief or an unarmored mage now

h. I'm assuming that lore and mythology will be more interesting now that NPCs are more interesting. Plus, I think bethesda learned their lesson from people complainging that Oblivion's main quest was sort of boring. I mean, they did spend 3 years or so making this game.

i. More diverse spells. Combining spells

j. More weapon and armor types

k. Dual weild. Sheild bash. Dragon shouts. Perks

l. NPC companions. Mercenaries for hire. Animal companions. NPC children

m. better menu. bookmarking

n. In-depth character customization (better than before)

o. Same Sex Marriages (lol)

Does Skyrim have everything I want in a First Person Fantasy RPG? No. Will it be a great game? Yes

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

I am not ready yet :P

still playing dark souls :D

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

One of the best things I will like about Skyrim is the fact that dragon fights not be scipted events like mmos. It is completely unscripted and unpredictable. I think that will be one of the most enjoyable things about the game.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

One of the best things I will like about Skyrim is the fact that dragon fights not be scipted events like mmos. It is completely unscripted and unpredictable. I think that will be one of the most enjoyable things about the game.

Dragons are going to be new Cliff Racers, I'm calling it. ARRGHH, GET AWAY FROM ME!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Methos12

Dragons are going to be new Cliff Racers, I'm calling it. ARRGHH, GET AWAY FROM ME!

*Dingbat upward chop* *Miss* Miss* Miss* arghhhh!!!!!!

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• StuppeStuppe Member UncommonPosts: 59

wtf mates

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Thrakk

Skyrim is going to be the best Elder Scrolls game

1.) Immersiveness

a. 70 voice actors (versus 14 in Oblivion)

b. Tons of new animations including kill finish animations

c. Radiant Story (many ways to do a quest)

d. Radiant A.I.

e. More scenic environment than Oblivion. Better graphics. More variety. Insects, birds, fish

f. Minor jobs - mining, milling, lumberjacking... that sort of thing. Smithing and cooking added to skills

g. Removal of major/minor skills. Now the "major" skills are the ones you use the most. You can sucessfully have a hand to hand combat character now. There's more reasons to specialize as a assassin/thief or an unarmored mage now

h. I'm assuming that lore and mythology will be more interesting now that NPCs are more interesting. Plus, I think bethesda learned their lesson from people complainging that Oblivion's main quest was sort of boring. I mean, they did spend 3 years or so making this game.

i. More diverse spells. Combining spells

j. More weapon and armor types

k. Dual weild. Sheild bash. Dragon shouts. Perks

l. NPC companions. Mercenaries for hire. Animal companions. NPC children

m. better menu. bookmarking

n. In-depth character customization (better than before)

o. Same Sex Marriages (lol)

Does Skyrim have everything I want in a First Person Fantasy RPG? No. Will it be a great game? Yes

Skyrim can actually be played in 3rd person just like a MMO thats a big reason why I am looking forward to it.  I just dont felt immersed ina game which is 1st person only.  Its why I never finished Oblivion, Fallout 3 or Fallout NV. 

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

Has the Radiant AI been improved upon at all?

• KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

Originally posted by Zylaxx

~Snip

Skyrim can actually be played in 3rd person just like a MMO thats a big reason why I am looking forward to it.  I just dont felt immersed ina game which is 1st person only.  Its why I never finished Oblivion, Fallout 3 or Fallout NV. 

Oblivion can be played in 3rd person. Are there going to be changes in Skyrim that make the 3rd person view different?

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by Kelthius

~Snip

Oblivion can be played in 3rd person. Are there going to be changes in Skyrim that make the 3rd person view different?

From what I have heard, Yes. 3rd person in Oblivion wasn't really how the game was meant to be played....it was just kind of tacked on there.

This time, 3rd person is actually meant to be a viable way to play the game, and the engine and animations have been tuned to support it.

I personally still prefer first person, in all my games....but it is nice to have the option of having a different perspective.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

mmmmm, considering all the other oblivion games bored me to tears.  I can wait, decades lol.

Btw, idk if it's the same, but oblivion on steam was a pain to get mods for, if not impossible.

So, not sure if Steam is the best option for this game...

Uhh... what?

• tazarconan7tazarconan7 Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by Tombill

2 things. I don't like playing an off line game.

I find the first person view not so good for an RPG. I hesitate between Dark Soul and a simple shooter like Gears of Wars atm. After that I'll try the few days pre release of SW for 5 € and probably go for D3 in the long run. Playing solo in an rpg is no longer my cup of tea I guess.

Skyrim is a 3rd person rpg .Unless u prefer to play it in 1st person mode.

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

~Snip

From what I have heard, Yes. 3rd person in Oblivion wasn't really how the game was meant to be played....it was just kind of tacked on there.

This time, 3rd person is actually meant to be a viable way to play the game, and the engine and animations have been tuned to support it.

I personally still prefer first person, in all my games....but it is nice to have the option of having a different perspective.

Hmm i cant understand what u mean dude. I played hundrends of hours oblivion and all of them were in 3rd person. I just 1st person occasionally to fire few arows then immediately swapped to 3rd person as always.

• KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

Originally posted by tazarconan7

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

~Snip

Hmm i cant understand what u mean dude. I played hundrends of hours oblivion and all of them were in 3rd person. I just 1st person occasionally to fire few arows then immediately swapped to 3rd person as always.

Maybe we won't have to switch to 1st person to shoot arrows or use targeted magic. Also, I hate when there isn't a diagonal run animation and it just looks like you're running forward. Thankfully, that has been fixed.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

On 11/11/11 gaming epicness will take shape. I so can't wait to have my first dragon fight and explore every inch of Skyrm. MMOs need to learn from great rpgs such as this one heading our way. Are you ready ? Lets do this!

BAh i clicked that link and got a birthdate register then a black screen to follow,so i saw nothing,well except for the birthdate register and it was fine looking  :P.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479

I'm looking forward to Skyrim.   should be alot of fun.  Running around, killing dragons, casting spells, & working up skills.    I imagine alot of people will be playing it.  Too bad there isn't really multiplayer to see all the people playing.

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I find the first person view not so good for an RPG. I hesitate between Dark Soul and a simple shooter like Gears of Wars atm. After that I'll try the few days pre release of SW for 5 € and probably go for D3 in the long run. Playing solo in an rpg is no longer my cup of tea I guess.

Skyrim is 100% best played in first person but bethesda have improved thrid person for those who prefer play this way but TOD HOWARD said in many interviews Elder Scrolls series is best played in first person that also includes SKYRIM.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Originally posted by Auzy

mmmmm, considering all the other oblivion games bored me to tears.  I can wait, decades lol.

Btw, idk if it's the same, but oblivion on steam was a pain to get mods for, if not impossible.

So, not sure if Steam is the best option for this game...

Mods are cheating!

thank you very much...

Originally posted by forest-nl

Skyrim is 100% best played in first person but bethesda have improved thrid person for those who prefer play this way but TOD HOWARD said in many interviews Elder Scrolls series is best played in first person that also includes SKYRIM.

Tod can say anything he wants ;P i m always after 3rd person as a choise.

Now u said it i remmber i was playing elvira which an awesome adventure-rpg in 1st person... sigh* nice memories :O

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by forest-nl

Disagree.

Melee vs groups is better in 3rd person, as well as certain stealth situations. The key point is the vantage cam that gets you to cover your own backside and angle up for a panoramic. Mostly for vanity, but it has real advantages to gameplay. I can respect games like MO that only stick to 1st-person, because it changes the whole combat/stealth dynamic, but the Elder Scrolls is a single-player game and deserves such.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• fillefilsfillefils Member Posts: 11

I can wait, haha...

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
  • AthillianAthillian Member Posts: 104

herp a derp derp, yess i am ready for Skyrim.

• SilaxSilax Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by quentin405

Yeah Skyrims is going to be sick.. unfortunantly I can never bring myself to buy single player games for full price.. So being a cheapskate like that Ill have to wait until steam has an epic 50% or more off sale :P Besides by then you know there will be like 30 different DLC to download.. So ill end up paying the same but getting more lol..

I mean, I gotta have those lairs Ill never use or decorate.. slap some 99cent armor on my horse.. fork over 4.99 for a dungeon with 1 weapon to get..

Haha nah im playing skyrim will be awesome

Pretty much this.  I have a back log of games to play through as it is.  1 year won't hurt.