Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you ready for Skyrim ?

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

On 11/11/11 gaming epicness will take shape. I so can't wait to have my first dragon fight and explore every inch of Skyrm. MMOs need to learn from great rpgs such as this one heading our way. Are you ready ? Lets do this!

Comments

• Requiem6Requiem6 Member Posts: 237

MMO doesn't need to learn from Skyrim, or even Dark soul.

Because if a game like Skyrim and Dark Soul would really become a MMORPG, it would just be bad and suck. It wouldn't end-up well.

Let the great single player game stay single player game, before someone scrap them.

Thanks.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

MMO devs need to learn alot but thats another story. Skyrim will be awesome come 11/11/11! :)

• highvoltahighvolta Member UncommonPosts: 130

hell yeah. cant wait!

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

I am totally ready.  Quite possibly the only thing that can pull me away from SWTORs beta.  

In fact,  it may be just the needed break between nov 11th and launch so I can get ready for the pre-release hardcore playing sessions with my buddies.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Skyrim... its the only game im 100 percent waiting for and guaranteed to buy as soon as it hits the shelves.. if i hadnt been moving to an area with almost zero broadband i'd buy it on steam, but looks like i will need a physical copy.. but.. even if i had to download it at 512k if that was the only option.. i'd do it image

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Yeah Skyrims is going to be sick.. unfortunantly I can never bring myself to buy single player games for full price.. So being a cheapskate like that Ill have to wait until steam has an epic 50% or more off sale :P Besides by then you know there will be like 30 different DLC to download.. So ill end up paying the same but getting more lol..

I mean, I gotta have those lairs Ill never use or decorate.. slap some 99cent armor on my horse.. fork over 4.99 for a dungeon with 1 weapon to get..

Haha nah im playing skyrim will be awesome

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by SaintViktor

On 11/11/11 gaming epicness will take shape. I so can't wait to have my first dragon fight and explore every inch of Skyrm. MMOs need to learn from great rpgs such as this one heading our way. Are you ready ? Lets do this!

I am kind of done with Elder Scrolls.  It's fantastic that you are going to have a great time with it! 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ToorimaToorima Member Posts: 11

I can wait...... 

I just REALLY don't want to.....

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

My body is ready.

Eat me!

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Buying this for PC for the modding community.  I plan on either getting the game early or attending midnight launch.

• DevalonDevalon Member UncommonPosts: 496

I think they should learn from MMOs UI instead of just console porting.

--
    "Any free people have the right to choose how it wants to be govern thats the essence of democracy. It's sad when America has chosen for the stability and consistency of a dictatorship and doing it democratically" -utnow

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479

what's this about dragon fights?  Are you going to be able to play a dragon?  I'm looking forward to this game, but thought it was going to be similar to Oblvion....

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by Requiem6

Because if a game like Skyrim and Dark Soul would really become a MMORPG, it would just be bad and suck. It wouldn't end-up well.

Let the great single player game stay single player game, before someone scrap them.

Thanks.

Looking at the way MMORPG devs are doing things over the last 6-7 years, I'd say they really need to learn more about the "multiplayer" part of MMORPG and innovate or refine in areas outside of squeezing money out of players.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• charitoscharitos Member Posts: 5

yeah so excited with thier upgraded game... hmmmm pretty sure that this will be great

Expect a very buggy release.  Bethesda Games and Bugs are almost synonymous with me image

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Still trying Darkmode on The Witcher 2 but its not going so fast as i would want hehe.

But yes let Skyrim come realy looking forward to a open world and free roaming after the limted Witcher2 and dragon age Origin games.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Thanks.

Dark soul is a complete different game comepare to Skyrim and DS is consolegame only.

Skyrim is if you look at the open free to explore world with no limits much closer to mmo world then DS.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

Oh yeah, I've been ready for Skyrim for years, since I rampaged across Oblivion.  Alongside BF3, Skyrim is a title I'm looking forward to.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I am ready.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

im waiting for Skyrim. i havent played any other Elder Scroll Title because i dont like First person games unless its a shooter... but Skyrim has polished Third person gameplay as well (if im wrong with that then ill just stop waiting for it) lol

i wanted to play oblivion really bad but i dont feel immersed in the game just looking at my weapons killing monsters... if i dont see my toon in action, i dont feel like im playing an RPG

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Burnt out on fantasy genre right now. Might pick it up on steam sale 6-12 months after release if I am looking to play something of that nature by then.

• tazarconan7tazarconan7 Member Posts: 74

Thanks.

Is this a joke? There is no comparison from combat system ,lore,mystery,character advancement build up depth,adventuring,exploring wilds/dungeons/ruins, from elder's scroll series to none of the great mmorpg's that are ruling the market right now, and you are saying mmo genre has nothing to learn from skyrim?

Only problem is i dont know if there  is any company in the world that has the ability to create skyrim's combat system in an mmorpg platform lagg free or low lattency cause ofc in such a game lagg even in small doses would have players killed in pvp and /or pve due to delayed moves/attacks/blocks.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

CPU: Core 2 Quad 3 GHz

RAM: 3 GB

HDD: 15 GB free disk space

Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory

Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible

DirectX: Version 9.0c

• SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

I've been playing Oblivion non stop lately need to take breaks before my eyes bleed :-P

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606

Built a whole new pc just for skyrim, ironically I've built every new pc around the release of a elderscrolls game since morrowind.

What worries me is if this version will be as ungodly buggy as oblivion was, to this day oblivion still crashes like mad on all hardware, especially with mods. And even with a state of the art PC still has hiccups and pauses when loading envioments. Only old thing on my pc is that I'm not using a SSD, as those things still have way too short of a life expectancy. Still I wonder if that would really make a difference anyway.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.