Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Almost time to play!!!

quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Only a few hours to go! I played this a few months at launch and left.. Now that its going F2p Im going to get back into it. With a new toon, cant wait for the damn server to come up.. Really excited to play.  If anyone wants to be /friends in game and do some questing / hunting send me a pm here

Comments

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

Im trying to log in atm. The game says its wrong with my internet connection at this momement :) 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Yeah I dont think the servers are up yet. If they are done patching in the time frame they stated, it should be open in :45 mins to 1:45 mins..

But I think the timeframe is approximate, so ya know it could be 3 or 4 more hours lol

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

(nevermind)

Hype train -> Reality

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

I played the FE trial last week and found myself again bored sick of the combat. The crafting is decent and the world and characters are alright to look at but once I went out to fight I was reminded of why I quit this game last year.

The combat just...feels....mechanical somehow. The mobs run at you in a straight line and in some cases even run away from you to get back on the "track" to reach you. I crafted abunch and enjoyed it but whats the point of crafting if using the gear is just bad. Once FE goes F2P personally I won't touch it. Whether a MMO is free to play or not it still takes up valuable time which is $$ as they say. 

I'm planning to give AoC a try and see if its F2P model is worth my time next.

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

Originally posted by Ethian

I played the FE trial last week and found myself again bored sick of the combat. The crafting is decent and the world and characters are alright to look at but once I went out to fight I was reminded of why I quit this game last year.

The combat just...feels....mechanical somehow. The mobs run at you in a straight line and in some cases even run away from you to get back on the "track" to reach you. I crafted abunch and enjoyed it but whats the point if using the gear I've crafted is just bad. Once FE goes F2P personally I won't touch it. Whether a MMO is free to play or not it still takes up valuable time which is $$ as they say. 

Yeah the crafting is great.. I guess its just personal taste, I remember the combat being one of my favorite parts of the game, and everything I have read points towards improvement.. Its just so cool to me that it takes some minor player skill to fight, instead of targeting and just using skills.  I cant speak for the current state of the game, but I am hoping (pretty sure) its alot better game then when I played at the very start..  If I get into the F2p I will probably try to recover my old account.. Hopefully the tech support is still good now that its hosted by Gamersfirst..

Who knows, Fallen Earth is the first real game Gamersfirst has, hopefully its a good thing.. 

OMG they really need to bring the server up already.. They said 4-5 hours, its been just shy of 5 hours..

THIS IS UNHEARD OF, an mmo dev team taking longer then promised to issue a new patch!!!! OMG l2play nooobs

(kidding of course)

Just installed the clients, and now I'm getting that message as well:

"Unable to connect. Please check your internet connection"

Meh.

Btw. Gamers First has several nice games. APB is good for what it is, and Taikodom might be worth a try as well, if it ever gets released.

Hype train -> Reality

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

I will definently download the game once it goes F2P. I enjoyed it when it came out, but bugs kept me from long term play.

***Raises plunger in salute to Fallen Earth going F2P!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Pretty nice that I won't have a chip limit or a character slot limit because I bought the game.  Their version of Free to Play is very nice to be honest in terms of free features and content access.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I can't get the game to install, so I guess no F2P for me, lol

The updater keeps on insisting that it cannot connect to the internet, even when I completely bypass my router and completely disable all AV software. First game I've had problems installing in quite a while...

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

The updater keeps on insisting that it cannot connect to the internet, even when I completely bypass my router and completely disable all AV software. First game I've had problems installing in quite a while...

The server is down for maintenance, no one can connect.

Originally posted by Omali

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

The server is down for maintenance, no one can connect.

Ah, I see... 

So, "Unable to connect. Please check your internet connection_" actually means that the server is down ? Silly me, I went to the Support Forums for the game and got the impression that the message was due to a supposed firewall or port forwarding issue.

But after generally searching the various sub-forums I did stumble across a thread where people were predicting what time the server would restart. Strange that the "Server status" forum says nothing about it being down.

• SzabtomSzabtom Member Posts: 38

Authentication is up. Server down message is displayed. Can't download the client updates yet.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

Now I get the message that the server is down. Im really pumped to try this game again. Now with a 2560x1600 screnn <3

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220

So i checked out this game a while back, but never really got to play. So what do i get for f2p? i wouldnt mind downloading it and playing.

And i went online and it seems like it was saying the f2p isnt till tomorrow? or was that just the patch?

Originally posted by Aadien

So i checked out this game a while back, but never really got to play. So what do i get for f2p? i wouldnt mind downloading it and playing.

And i went online and it seems like it was saying the f2p isnt till tomorrow? or was that just the patch?

F2P starts officially as soon as the server is up after the patching process. Which seems to be taking somewhat longer than planned...

I was a great fan of FE through closed and open beta, but by the end of open beta I had lost faith in the game, because I did not believe that the developers could stick to their promised plan of opening a new "sector" every 4 to 6 months. As it turns out, I was even more correct than I had anticipated, they only managed to add ONE new sector since launch.

The economic model was also highly suspect, seeing as there was no decay at launch, and everyone could master all crafting disciplines. The devs' answer to that was that it would be okay due to the constant adding of new sectors and the continuous raising of the level cap with each new sector. Good theory, but it fell flat when no new sectors were added to the game world.

Come to think of it, pretty much all of the FE design was dubious, lol. Iirc, the original plan was to expand the world to 12 sectors in total. The rapid (every 3 to 4 months) pace of launching new sectors was supposed to keep everyone from getting bored, because there would always be new higher-level items to craft, and new areas to explore. Nobody was completely sure how far the skillpoint-pool would be increased though.

The reason I'm interested in FE now, is because it sounds like crafting may actually become worthwile again, which will make it feel more like a post-apoc world where things are hard to come by. The last patch removed alot of components from the NPC vendors, which means gathering, selling and trading of resources will finally have some role to play in the world. Previously, you could just buy the needed resources from the NPC's if you didn't want to bother finding them yourself.

Server is still down?

NERD RAGE! EPIC FAILBOAT! F2P WOW CLONE!

Hype train -> Reality

Originally posted by VowOfSilence

Server is still down?

NERD RAGE! EPIC FAILBOAT! F2P WOW CLONE!

I know right.. 4-5 hours is now becoming 12+ hours..   After months and months of planning its still taking more then twice as long..   I mean im not compaining I know how MMO stuff goes.. but I guess I need to vent, my xcitement of blasting some stuff with my crappy rifle is starting to wear off :-(

BTW I linked my old account to my new gamersfirst account, so if any of you want to buddy in game, send "Aryth" a whisper..

YES finally the server is up, downloading the patch.. and NOW my wife wants to watch a movie LOL

Oh well.. i guess they did thier best!

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

The combat just...feels....mechanical somehow. The mobs run at you in a straight line and in some cases even run away from you to get back on the "track" to reach you. I crafted abunch and enjoyed it but whats the point of crafting if using the gear is just bad. Once FE goes F2P personally I won't touch it. Whether a MMO is free to play or not it still takes up valuable time which is $$ as they say. 

I think you explained it pretty well, mechanical, robotic even, clunkly however you see it.  All the combat revamping that was done failed to address the overall feel of combat and instead focused on tweeking stats on existing abilities.   If the combat still feels the same then I cant see myself returning.  Its just sloppy and sluggish feeling.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Downloading now. Never tried it before so here goes nothin' I s'pose.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Connection to the server has stopped working for me..... Dunno if its on there end or mine

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

It's been a very long time since I last played but just got an email from them giving me a free spiked chopper.

Hmm so it's f2p now?   What does the cs have, do you buy content or items, or does it limit advancement or skills?  I just might give it another go.

Venge

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Originally posted by snapfusion

I think you explained it pretty well, mechanical, robotic even, clunkly however you see it.  All the combat revamping that was done failed to address the overall feel of combat and instead focused on tweeking stats on existing abilities.   If the combat still feels the same then I cant see myself returning.  Its just sloppy and sluggish feeling.

Sloppy and sluggish also explain it fairly well. FE with Fallout 3 style combat would do much better on the market then its current combat style. At times when i was playing combat felt like more work then fun lol. I found myself crafting more and more as the days went on doing anything other then gathering or making gear bored me.  

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

Originally posted by snapfusion

Sloppy and sluggish also explain it fairly well. FE with Fallout 3 style combat would do much better on the market then its current combat style. At times when i was playing combat felt like more work then fun lol. I found myself crafting more and more as the days went on doing anything other then gathering or making gear bored me.  

Hmm, I really cant even see what you guys mean about the combat.. I mean you take your weapon of choice.. get the enemy in your crosshairs and shoot or swing.  To me its actually really fun and a nice change of pace, it feels pretty cool to get repeated headshots on a moving enemy, and it does more damage too..

Maybe its the fact I am really good at FPS? As the only way I could see this combat system being THAT bad is if your twitch skills were so incredibly terrible you couldnt keep an enemy running in a straight line at you inside the crosshairs lol

Oh well, I waited all this time for the game to go F2P, then ended up resubscribing after like 5 hours of play.. Subscribers get a buff that increases effectiveness based on which sub you choose.  GamersFirst is restarting server to fix some broken zone, so I thought I would bump this thread, there are too many people playing as is but the more the merrier..

Oh and BTW if you play, look me up "Doshain" is my new toon, I wanted to do a rifle/muta guy instead of pure melee like my main..  I dont know how much help I would be but we could chat:)