Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

YEAH!

Nerf09Nerf09 Phoenix, AZPosts: 2,953Member

http://www.youtube.com/thethingmovie

The Thing Prequel movie.

I love hard sci-fi, although I'm no big fan of horror.

Comments

• FlemFlem BrisbanePosts: 2,860Member

The Thing is one of the greatest sci fi/horror films of all time, i hope this one is just good.  

They call this a prequel but it certainly smells of remake to me as the story is pretty much identical.  Still i'm looking forward to it and can't wait to see it.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Warren, MEPosts: 3,996Member

It's supposedly the story of the Norwegian outpost where they find it in the 80's movie. In the beginning of the Kurt Russell movie we see the Norwegians chasing the dog in the helicopter... they land and coveniently blow themselves up. Then they go to the Norwegians camp to investigate. This movie is about what took place when the Norwegians first find the spaceship. It looks like it might be a good movie just because they didn't try to remake the original. We already had a remake anyways... The 80's version was a remake of a 50's movie.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Nerf09Nerf09 Phoenix, AZPosts: 2,953Member

Originally posted by Brenelael

It's supposedly the story of the Norwegian outpost where they find it in the 80's movie. In the beginning of the Kurt Russell movie we see the Norwegians chasing the dog in the helicopter... they land and coveniently blow themselves up. Then they go to the Norwegians camp to investigate. This movie is about what took place when the Norwegians first find the spaceship. It looks like it might be a good movie just because they didn't try to remake the original. We already had a remake anyways... The 80's version was a remake of a 50's movie.

Bren

The ending of this movie is where they chase the dog in a helicopter and get shot by the leader of American expedition.  There's a bad ending.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Warren, MEPosts: 3,996Member

Originally posted by Nerf09

Originally posted by Brenelael

Bren

The ending of this movie is where they chase the dog in a helicopter and get shot by the leader of American expedition.  There's a bad ending.

If it's a true prequal it's the only way it can end.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }