Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Galaxies: Winning the Galactic War

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As the final days of Star Wars Galaxies wind down and as the Galactic War ramps up, the dev team has posted details about how an ultimate 'winner' will be determined.

This statement pretty much sums up the entire post: "The war will be decided by points earned in the planetary control system. Whoever controls the galaxy at the end will win the war."

The post also goes into detail about how to earn points and also about something called "point decay" which can be a game-changer.

Read the full blog post on the Star Wars Galaxies site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

A war in SWG to determine the ultimate winner before shutdown?

If you've ever wondered what two homeless people fighting over an empty crisp packet look like then I guess this is your chance?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Then just as the last empire player goes to strike down the last rebel player, john smedly crashes his Everquest2  themed YT-1300  into them both then switches the off button on thee server while laughing all the way to the bank.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Alt farm to victory!

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

I'm sorry, but how is there a winner in the situation?

The game is shutting down. There goes my whisper of a chance that a "classic" server would ever emerge.

• OnijinOnijin Member UncommonPosts: 50

Pointless news is pointless news - No one not playing gives a rats arse about it anymore nor does it matter to them as they can't resubscribe now before it's dead. Those playing these last few months know about it and don't need some news hype to know whats going on. this game should just be removed from the list of games now as it's dead to all but those who remained subscribed and they can get their info from the game/site itself.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

I seem to recall a movie where the galactic civil war was won when the rebels blew up the second Death Star. No way that can be canon to the Star Wars universe though, right?

• Warpath113Warpath113 Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by precious328

I'm sorry, but how is there a winner in the situation?

The game is shutting down. There goes my whisper of a chance that a "classic" server would ever emerge.

{mod edit}

• FandinFandin Member UncommonPosts: 55

I bet the servers crash, when the 10 people left on them find eachother and gather in one spot. That'll be the real ending of SWG. :p

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Why beat a dead horse????

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    I don't recall hundreds of jedi fighting in the galactic civil war.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by ktanner3

I don't recall hundreds of jedi fighting in the galactic civil war.

I don't recall hundreds of players playing simultanously on the same SWG server, ever.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"