Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Looking for a Game with Extensive Magic

lennpelllennpell madawaska, MEPosts: 109Member

I have been playing MMORPG's for about 6-7 years now and the more and more I've played, I have come to realize that no matter what I choose to play I always end up maining a mage, irregardless of the game. In WoW my main was a balance druid and my PvP char was a destruction warlock, in Guild Wars I played an elementalist, in Maplestory I played a F/P mage and a battlemage, in Warhammer I played a sorcerer, and in League of Legends I love the AP carry role, of course lots more games not worth mentioning. So overall what I've come to realize is that, games no matter how good or bad the lore is doesn't really matter for me, what matters is how well off the spell effects and grind  are, and PvP(I love me some PvP). I am one of those gamers that actually prefers to grind, but doesn't mind quests, reason being, I just LOVE seeing the spell animations and effects, it has always been the most interesting thing to me, which is why I loved the balance druid and warlock in WoW, it wasnt the cut and dry fire and ice type of thing, It was wind, nature, and darkness, I loved it!

So to the point, I am here today asking if anyone knows a game with extensive magical use, with good spell effects and any form of PvP really, it can be a grinder I don't mind, but I do prefer a somewhat active community so I don't feel all alone. Also I'd prefer 3D.

Thank you in advance, and keep on gaming my friends!

EDIT: Also don't be affraid to recommend any xbox games! I love me a good magic game and I own a 360 so that sure isn't out of the question!

Comments

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Denver, COPosts: 256Member

I would give Aion a go.  It has some of the best if not the best graphics so far in an mmorpg.  All classes have completely awesome spell effects.  But the ranged definitely take the cake.  The sorcerer and spiritmasters have awesome abilities.  And so do the clerics and chanters.  But truthfully, all the spell effects in the game are pretty amazing.

Aion also has probably the best pvp (Realm vs Realm) content out at the moment.  There are fortress seiges as well as PvEPvP dungeons.  It has some really unique stuff.  

• lennpelllennpell madawaska, MEPosts: 109Member

Originally posted by AvsRock21

I would give Aion a go.  It has some of the best if not the best graphics so far in an mmorpg.  All classes have completely awesome spell effects.  But the ranged definitely take the cake.  The sorcerer and spiritmasters have awesome abilities.  And so do the clerics and chanters.  But truthfully, all the spell effects in the game are pretty amazing.

Aion also has probably the best pvp (Realm vs Realm) content out at the moment.  There are fortress seiges as well as PvEPvP dungeons.  It has some really unique stuff.  

Thank you for your wonderful reply my friend, but I forgot to mention I have actually played Aion and I did enjoy it for a while, but I didnt really like how gear made such a huge difference in that game, I also didn't like how people could cheat to become the best by killing their friends on the opposing realm, but I will give you that the spell effects were marvelous and I did very much appreciate that game, it is just not for me.

Edit: Oh and of course I played a sorcerer on there hahaha.

• lennpelllennpell madawaska, MEPosts: 109Member

Bump before bed, like I said any opinions are welcome! Even for xbox!