Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com's Age Demographic - How old are you?

I've been wondering of late what niche of the game consumer (specifically MMORPGs) this website's forum-goers fall into. I was curious as to what our ages are. I recommend not associating your name to your age and just let the polls work their magic.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373

LOL, I think there should have been a few more categories past 42+....    image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,049

I am 50 + I demand my own place to put a dot.

Chamber of Chains
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

At 24 this thread makes me feel less old, thanks :-)

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• VantrasVantras Member Posts: 124

Has to be the oddest age distribution poll ive seen. 

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    I suppose there should be a 42-49 and a 50+
  • jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

So far no one at <19 because they're all in school. MWAHAHAHAH SUCKERS!

But seriously, we're all going to die one day. shit

• WhySoShortWhySoShort Member Posts: 315

I think it's worth noting that this site is in no way representative of the majority of MMO players. People here tend to be longtime players who have experienced several MMOs, and a lot of comparatively minor MMOs like Vanguard are overrepresented. 

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

I'll be 26 on Tuesday... How time just flies by.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

turning 20 soon :)

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

*cough*

"42+"

(44)

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

Not to derail but...

Non-scientifically colleded survey data = no generalizability =(

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Originally posted by Kwansei

Not to derail but...

Yeah the ranges chosen seems sorta random.  Is there a way to edit polls?  Oh well.  I am just glad I am not older than everyone here.  I am already starting to feel really old :-/  To the point where I am starting to feel like a creepy old man when I meet girls I am attracted to. And it just gets worse...

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• jerkbeastjerkbeast Member UncommonPosts: 255

Originally posted by wormywyrm

Not to derail but...

Yeah the ranges chosen seems sorta random.  Is there a way to edit polls?  Oh well.  I am just glad I am not older than everyone here.  I am already starting to feel really old :-/  To the point where I am starting to feel like a creepy old man when I meet girls I am attracted to. And it just gets worse...

Best, and worst movie line ever lol "You know what I like about highschool girls? I keep gettin older, they stay the saaame age."            I'm guessing atleast one catagory on this list is to young to know the movie.

Edit: typos, and umm.....30

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by jerkbeast

Originally posted by wormywyrm

Not to derail but...

Best, and worst movie line ever lol "You know what I like about highschool girls? I keep gettin older, they stay the saaame age."            I'm guessing atleast one catagory on this list is to young to know the movie.

Edit: typos, and umm.....30

Dazed and Confused.

Yup....looks like part of my life history, that movie.  And yes....I'm old.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

Hey Hey !! Old farts like me holding strong at 24% of the servey as of this post.  Thats second place following 19-24 demographic at 25% respectively.

I still got lots O dust to fart at 42 :)

Work hard Play Harder

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Let's put it this way, in dog years, I'm dead.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

32,  starting looking at this site about 3 years ago.

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

Originally posted by Kyleran

Very true, would be interesting to see the 70-80 crowd :)

Work hard Play Harder

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

39 here. I've been told by all and sundry of the female persuasion I look 25, though. Must be all those babies I eat.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Woot! In at 41 in two weeks lol.

I am actually surprised how much of the demographic (so far anyway) is over 35. I would have expected more, younger folk. Will be interesting to follow this one a while.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

The poll stops at 42+... sheesh.  Now I feel really old.

Our youngest just finished her Bachelors.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

It could be a lot of the younger folk come on just to go into the WoW forums maybe and have no interest in the general discussion outside of that game ?

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by Kyleran

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• heimdall22heimdall22 Member UncommonPosts: 76

34 here. Looks like this is the  page swarmed by the dinosaurs. So please, dont dig my bones out :-)

Funny enough, it nicely proves my point that average age of MMO players is way higher than many people give it credit for...

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation