Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$300 Welfare Rig

2»

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Originally posted by travdoty

Originally posted by Jimmy_Scythe

So can we please ditch this bullshit that PC gaming is just as affordable, or even as desireable, as console gaming? Even when I build my own rig, choosing the cheapest parts I can find, I'm unable to reach the PC gaming standard config without going over the $300 budget AND canabalizing the input and display from a previous build. If your trying to build your first PC, you're going to spend WAY more than you would on a console that you can just hook up to a TV that you already own.

I hear PC fanboys constantly talking about how you don't need a high end system for PC gaming, but they also tend to talk down to anyone that doesn't have a certian minimum system spec. Like the guy above that ejaculated about his triple monitor setup. It's velvet rope syndrome taken to a fucking obnoxious level.

Just once, I'd like to hear a PC purist admit that they were just fucking elitist. I won't ask that you admit to being groundlessly elitist, that would be to much truth for you to speak, but I would just like to hear the raw truth for a change. Behind all the insults, baiting, and bantering, it all boils down to what's under the hood more than what's on the screen. It's more about the cash you poured into the box, and less about actually playing the games.

Lol, the kid is so butthurt that his little plan didn't work out that he doesn't realize how bad he made himself look :p

I wasn't going to mention that the only one here sounding obnoxious was.... the one person trying to defend the consoles. No one else said anything else about consoles at all really, until he brought it up here. And they still aren't.

Because - MMO players, and PC gamers in general, generally could care less about consoles, I've found. Unless the game happens to be a crappy console port.

• psyclumpsyclum Member Posts: 792

once upon a time there was a good console, it ran a version of linux, then you can run wine on top of that:D