It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
....the following? Imagine this for an MMORPG...
During character creation, you are making your character as you wish them to be, however, unlike most MMO's..you are making your character as a kid. You heard me right, a kid. Depending on your starting race, you would begin in a different town in a different location of the world. From here, you'd go through a series of quests and tasks as a kid and get familiar with your town and surrounding country side. Basically, it would be to get you more immersed in your character, your race, your country (region).
It is basically the Fable concept in an MMO. Your character would have 2 different advancement systems.
1) A leveing system for your character's aging process. let's say..
1 - 20 as a kid.
21-60 for teenager.
81-100 for Eldery (Old and wise- Basically white haired and a bit weathered)
It wouldn't take too long from kid to teen, but would make slower progression from there on. You would also gain some stats as you age. (Such as +1 or 2 str-agi-dex-stam per age increase) This leveling system has nothing to do with player skill, other than the stat increases, more for just your immersion and illusion that your character is "growing up" in an open world.
2) The second system is for your character's actual "skills". So your character won't have a level other players can see, you would simply have a large set of skills to allocate points received throughout your progression. Not really sure how the allocation of skill points would be done lol. Got an idea? Throw it out there.
- Other than that, it would be an open world.
- Mobs would have no levels either, just preset skills sets (Although for each mob type, there would be several different types of skill sets to vary the battles intensity and difficulty. Would just never know what your gonna get until in the thick of things)
- Raid content throughout the game, NOT just the ending (Or perceived ending).
- World events (Random happenings to keep it fresh, such as bandit AI raids on towns, bandits jumping you on roadways to rob you, dragon attacks on cities, etc.)
- Hands on crafting systems. For example, if you were a Blacksmith, you would have an actual Blacksmithing hut where you would add regeants, adjust temperatures (Stoke the fire), add special side regeants all of which varies the quality of the items crafted. This would be the same for all types of crafting. Furthermore, the Blacksmith would have the ability to personalize the look of the items they create and name them. This would have a sub editor program available to only the crafter that would have a color palette, etc. (For this to be viable, armor and weapons would deteriorate over time until rendered useless. Or you could have them repaired by only a Blacksmith). This would also lend to the economy.
- No world chat, whispers and shouts (local) only.
This was just all in fun, but definitely something I personally would love to see happen. How about you? Have anything to add? Post it here.