Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Race Between D3 an T2 continues

1235»

Comments

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

Without resorting to flaming or bashing people for their choices, there are reasons aplenty to either get or ignore both games. However, I am happier with what TL2 offers than D3 despite planning to get both. TL2 is more of a spiritual successor of D1/D2 in the features it offers than D3 is, but that is not necessarily all bad. Depending on what other features D3 offers, it could be a nice change from the preceding two Diablo titles. I will wait and see until once I have played it. I have not beta'ed it and don't have the time at the moment to do massive research on youtube about how the game plays. That is sort of why I am here catching up on things on my weekend foray on mmorpg.com.

Will TL2 be able to compete with D3? I hope so, in the sense that Runic will be able to turn a profit and continue to make good games. I don't think that TL2 will get the same attention that D3 will by any means, but that doesn't mean it won't work out for them. TL2 is far less expensive to make, and is having a shorter development time than D3 is, so the revenue needed to put Runic in the black is not as high on this title.

And getting back to the whole offline thing, I am surprised I have to spell out why people would want to be able to play offline: limited internet access. It is just that simple. Not everyone has fast internet, not everyone has constant online access, even in the developed world. For example, if you do away work as a construction worker or professional archaeologist, it is quite common to not have internet in your weekly accommodation. That is my  case, I only have access to the internet during the weekend when I am back at home. I will be able to play TL2 whenever I want, whereas Blizzard is telling me that I won't be able to enjoy their game during the week. Since I am a fan of MMOs too, D3 will come into direct competition for MMO gametime during the weekend. I would rather play MMOs during the weekend, especially if I am playing an ARPG during the week (TL2) so that makes me think that I will probably not be getting that deeply involved in D3 for quite some time after it is released.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

I'm NOT gonna pickup D3 just because of battle.net. It is always be a hacking target, I lost a few email accounts because of it (fortunately nothing important in there) and will stay away for good. Can say I'll play torchlight though, I never played it before.

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

If TL doesnt come out before diablo 3 i dont care and i wont test it.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , even if D3 were to release a few months before TL2 , I'll wait for TL2 simply because you can create your own maps , can play offline , a mere 20$ , from the originals who actually made Diablo 1 and 2 , alot of customization , no auction house BS.  And seriously if you played TL1 you know what D3 is all about already , and Blizzard by trying to make it onto console is just plain stupid after 10+ years , after all this time they decide now to put it up for consoles , that leaves to wonder what else they missed after all these years?

Anyways good luck to Blizzard with D3.   I'll patiently wait for TL2 , also don't forget that once TL2 gets released by 2015 we should be getting the TL MMO !!!   The Diablo originals will then shove it up Blizzard's WoW rear.

Team Diablo (TL) 4 Life~!   

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

I'll go for D3, don't mind the big scary RMAH, everyone who played D2 seriously knows that RMT was happening a lot, people just had to visit shady sites to get what they wanted instead of being able to do it in game.

I am not expecting to able to live off of D3, but alone the fact that I could make a few bucks a month (real value), regardless of how small that real value is, makes it a bit more exciting.