Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TotalBiscuit at Eurogamer Expo (More GW2 footage)

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by Bunnyking

Now, I usually like TB's stuff, but I didn't even finish watching this.

GW2 looks so generic, so very soulless and run-of-the-mill that I just can't bare to look at it too long.

I really don't understand what people see in this game...

Which game are you looking foward to?

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630
    GW2 was named "game of the show" ... Not mmo of the show. Even beat Skyrim http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-26-eg-expo-editors-game-of-the-show-guild-wars-2-article

(don't think link will work ... Posting from the iPhone)
  • just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Kuppa

GW2 looks so generic, so very soulless and run-of-the-mill that I just can't bare to look at it too long.

I've got money that says he's a SWTOR fan.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Yea I never understand the rampant tribalism on this and other forums. To the point that people lie to themselves about their game of choice over anotherand won't give any other MMOG a chance because of it. To me, if you find an upcoming MMOG interesting it doesn't really make sense to choose one over another. I'm looking forward to BOTH ToR and GW2. I personally think GW2 is gonna rock the MMOG genre but that doesn't mean I think ToR looks like shit that should be avoided like the plague either. I think it'll be a solid and very enjoyable MMOG and I'm looking forward to 12/20!

Oh and BIG GRATS to Anet winning Eurogamer Game of the Show over such titles as Skyrim, Battlefield 3 and more!

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334

Originally posted by just1opinion

Yep.  Him and Artemisent4 are a little jealous.  The really want SWTOR and SW to be like GW2.   That's the only reason to come to a GW2 discussion and take shots at it.  They complain about GW2 looking boring or nothing special but evidently they have to talk about it.  image    

• 1carcarah11carcarah1 Member Posts: 172

THAT makes me say that yes you are biased towards SWTOR, even though you have 2 pre-orders. Spreading word of your disappointment, that's your right. But in that same article praising GW2, a game I by the way start to loathe more and more each day, is just bull5=!7.

Yup

• Thank you, OP...I really enjoyed those videos!

• AKASlaphappyAKASlaphappy Member UncommonPosts: 800

New video featuring Norn Elementalist PVP

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

i lol'd

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Originally posted by AKASlaphappy

Originally posted by Master10K

Added his Thief PvP video.

It is funny how the Necromancers and Elementalists on the other team just stand there and let TB stab them to death. None of them even really try to use their dodge to avoid any damage they just stand there and take it like they are still playing a game without dodging. I foresee the first few months of PVP are going to be funny as hell to watch!

I played it at Eurogamer too - no PvP for me though =( - and I must say it takes a while to get used to dodging.

I think after 40mins of play, I had introduced "weapon swapping" in my arsenal, and I was dodging only when the ennemy was getting ready for a charge attack or something similar (and probably missing half of those dodges)... And I did not exactly know what half of my skills were doing. * Information overload * (to that you need to add dynamic events popping every 40-50s on your screen and friendly NPCs running towards you while waving and talking to you "Hey, over here! I need help!")

But yes, there will definitely be a skill gap here between new players and veterans, which will be "fun" to watch.

And although the game is fun overall, I agree with the SW:TOR people before so I can understand where they are coming from: the game does not necessarily seem too fun when you are just looking at it, but it is a lot more when you are playing it - when you're busy trying to do all these things at once, it feels a lot more involved.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

My questions to Total Biscuit is what server and guild will you be playing. when you find out let us know here at mmorpg. I think an mmorpg guild would be amazing and I also think that total biscuit would be the best guy to put it together :)

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

You msut be freaking high as a kite.  There is no other gaqme on the market that looks as polished, as fun, as skillful and as entertaining to watch then GW2.  Please go back to your *yawn* boring snoozefest stand still and swing a lightsaber with absolutely ZERO lower body movement game in SWToR.  Dont get all butthurt that your game has been called boring and static for the last few years worth of combat gameplay and take it out on a game that actually looks 10,000,000,000,000 Times better.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ammoniteammonite Member Posts: 113

Originally posted by Zylaxx

You msut be freaking high as a kite.  There is no other gaqme on the market that looks as polished, as fun, as skillful and as entertaining to watch then GW2.  Please go back to your *yawn* boring snoozefest stand still and swing a lightsaber with absolutely ZERO lower body movement game in SWToR.  Dont get all butthurt that your game has been called boring and static for the last few years worth of combat gameplay and take it out on a game that actually looks 10,000,000,000,000 Times better.

The Force is strong with this one.

We much watch that the Sith do not turn him, he would become a formidable enemy. lol

• semantikronsemantikron Member Posts: 258

Originally posted by askdaboss

But yes, there will definitely be a skill gap here between new players and veterans, which will be "fun" to watch.

interesting report, thanks.  makes me wonder if they will incorporate some specific dodge training into the tutorial since it is now such a core mechanic.  i realize there are opportunities to dodge, but a simple task that requires you to dodge would probably benefit a lot of people.

the skill acquisition mechanic will probably do a good job of easing you into incorporating each new one into your arsenal as you progress.

Charr: Outta my way.
    Human: What's your problem?
    Charr: Your thin skin.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

nevermind. :P

Originally posted by Cacaphony

I think  you would be right in saying this.  However, I also think he is a pretty big GW2 fan, based on his statements of "This may become my MMO of choice".  :)

Just1opinion was talking about the poster, BunnyKing.  He is a self described GW2 hater.  TotalBiscuit on the other hand has given it a fair shake and has determined for himself that it is actually a great game.  As you have mentioned he believes it will be his MMO of choice, at this point.   BunnyKing is a fan of another game that likes to trash games other people like because he likes to role play as a scary beast that lives under a bridge.    :)

Originally posted by SteeJanz

I think  you would be right in saying this.  However, I also think he is a pretty big GW2 fan, based on his statements of "This may become my MMO of choice".  :)

Just1opinion was talking about the poster, BunnyKing.  He is a self described GW2 hater.  TotalBiscuit on the other hand has given it a fair shake and has determined for himself that it is actually a great game.  As you have mentioned he believes it will be his MMO of choice, at this point.   BunnyKing is a fan of another game that likes to trash games other people like because he likes to role play as a scary beast that lives under a bridge.    :)

Doh!  Lol.  Reading fail by me.  Guess Ill go back and edit lol. 

snip

Doh!  Lol.  Reading fail by me.  Guess Ill go back and edit lol. 

No biggy.  We all do it.   Blame the scary beast under the bridge.  If his game can't be as cool then no ones should. 

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by semantikron

interesting report, thanks.  makes me wonder if they will incorporate some specific dodge training into the tutorial since it is now such a core mechanic.  i realize there are opportunities to dodge, but a simple task that requires you to dodge would probably benefit a lot of people.

the skill acquisition mechanic will probably do a good job of easing you into incorporating each new one into your arsenal as you progress.

I don't see the need to incorporate any sort of dodge tutorial, since those annoying tooltips would point the nooblets in the right direction. Also the fact that the dodge mechanic has it's own dedicated bar, give people an idea of it's importance. Especially with mini bosses oneshotting them all the time. However it's funny watching GW2 noobs actually playing the game for the 1st time.

Also TotalBiscuit's Guardian PvE Part 1 up NOW!

Originally posted by semantikron

I don't see the need to incorporate any sort of dodge tutorial, since those annoying tooltips would point the nooblets in the right direction. Also the fact that the dodge mechanic has it's own dedicated bar, give people an idea of it's importance. Especially with mini bosses oneshotting them all the time. However it's funny watching GW2 noobs actually playing the game for the 1st time.

This video is cool too, though I wish that Totalbiscuit was shown the intro of the dragon fight.  I also think he would have had a better time actually expierencing the dragon fight if other players were there, rather than simply trying to reach it. :P

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Guild Wars in space inc. :P

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by andre369

That made me LOL and now I can't wait to hear the rest of that conversation. (>_<)

• AKASlaphappyAKASlaphappy Member UncommonPosts: 800

I played it at Eurogamer too - no PvP for me though =( - and I must say it takes a while to get used to dodging.

I think after 40mins of play, I had introduced "weapon swapping" in my arsenal, and I was dodging only when the ennemy was getting ready for a charge attack or something similar (and probably missing half of those dodges)... And I did not exactly know what half of my skills were doing. * Information overload * (to that you need to add dynamic events popping every 40-50s on your screen and friendly NPCs running towards you while waving and talking to you "Hey, over here! I need help!")

And although the game is fun overall, I agree with the SW:TOR people before so I can understand where they are coming from: the game does not necessarily seem too fun when you are just looking at it, but it is a lot more when you are playing it - when you're busy trying to do all these things at once, it feels a lot more involved.

Thanks for taking the time to respond it is always nice to hear from the fans that have got to play the game. I am glad to hear you enjoy it and found it fast pace, this is exactly what I am looking for in their combat system.

Yeah I am sure any PVP videos that get on youtube for the first few months are going to be bad in many ways.

Originally posted by andre369

That made me LOL and now I can't wait to hear the rest of that conversation. (>_<)

I completely agree with this, I cannot wait to watch part 2.  

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

The worst thing about TotalBiscuit's vids is having to wait for Part 2.

*grumble*

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by artemisentr4

Originally posted by pablorod

If you guys wanna know about personal storylines, just watch this vid of a Chaar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stfx0Lk0qQ4&list=PLB07ED916049CD9EB&index=24

Jump to 15:00 where the personal storyline begins

Thanks for the link. I now know I won't be spending money on this game. It looks so boring to me. Now to be fair, all videos of someone else playing looks boring. But I have no desire for the combat or the text being read to me as some kind of false improvment of text play. It is way more 2D than I would have liked. The way the VO is done is not very good IMO. And questing is questing, dynamic won't make a difference when it comes down to just playing the game. I guess it is more of just being tired of the same ol fantasy setting.

I saw this post and was interested in seeing what the current game play looked like. I am not saying my view is everyones view, so no need to flame me. It is just my opinion and now I don't have to come back and keep looking. I was going to play this along with my P2P, but not any more. Good luck to everyone when the game launches. I am sure many will have fun with GW2, just dosen't look to be for me anymore.

From your signature I assume ur SW:TOR fan,but let me ask you have you seen some actual game play from SW:TOR ? Becouse all the faults gw2 game play in your opinion has are 100x worse in SW:TOR - seriously SW:TOR fan telling us that gw2 game play is boring ... lol. Btw quality VO and cutscenes from leaked SW:TOR beta made me laugh - seriously character returning quests waiting 1-2 secs for loading cutscene, then npc in cutscene just tells him 'thank you' ... lol, no thx I take texts for this any time a day - I still can read :P.