Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Charr Plushie Giveaway!

124»

Comments

• FuriizaaFuriizaa Member Posts: 3

Whats with all this twitter rage? O_O

Following such people as Notch can be very 'newsfully'

• FreeBooteRFreeBooteR Member Posts: 333

I read notch's twitter all the time, don't need an account to do that. I despise twitter and facebook. Why not Ident.ca? Screw it, i don't need a plushie that bad.

Archlinux ftw

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

Originally posted by Rednecksith

I'm sick and tired of this site having contests that require you to register an account with other sites. It's bullshit. I'm registered here; shouldn't that bloody well be enough?

This says about everything I think need to be said about this contest.  I don't have a twit account, I don't want to have an accout on twits international and I won't create one for a $35.00 plushie contest that should be on this site.

• VorrugaVorruga Member UncommonPosts: 30

I hate it when sites like this use Twitter for contests instead of just hosting them themselves.  All the people I know who'd be interested in these kind of games already use THIS site, so what's the point of adding a useless social networking site?

• WolfzjavaWolfzjava Member UncommonPosts: 14

The sad part is even with what we're saying about stupid scocial sites, they will keep doing it... That's what happens when you think you are right.

Why the hell do you have a website if you don't use it to promote. Hell close it down and use that stupid twitter then see how many ppl you get!!!

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Companies must use every possible tool at their disposal to increase their "viewership" and market exposure, so forcing people to "like" on facebook or "follow" on Twitter just helps to increase their metrics and "success" in a measurable fashion in these trendy methods.

I have no time nor patience for twitter or facebook. (Facebook) If I wanted to keep in touch with someone since HS/college, I have. If not, we're grown apart and that's ok - it's life. (Twitter) I certainly don't need to know the shape and color of each person's latest bowel movement.

• MuktukMuktuk Member UncommonPosts: 84

lol @twitter

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Muktuk

lol @twitter

lol @ all the people lol-ing @ twitter

Obviously very few people in this thread have ever used Twitter, because the number of common misconceptions have run rampant throughout this thread.  If your Twitter feed is full of IDIOTIC things like narcississtic comments about what someone had for lunch or what hair gel they use.....IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT.  Stop following morons. 

Twitter is a great business tool, it's great for disseminating information quickly.  I never EVER have seen stupid comments in my Twitter feed because I don't follow any idiots.  So quit blaming the tool for your own lack of understanding for how it works.  You don't even have to follow ANYONE but MMORPG.com if you wanted in on the contest.  No one forces you to follow anyone on Twitter, so I just wonder for what reason you're all getting your panties in a twist?

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by just1opinion

lol @twitter

Obviously very few people in this thread have ever used Twitter, because the number of common misconceptions have run rampant throughout this thread.  If your Twitter feed is full of IDIOTIC things like narcississtic comments about what someone had for lunch or what hair gel they use.....IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT.  Stop following morons. 

Twitter is a great business tool, it's great for disseminating information quickly.  I never EVER have seen stupid comments in my Twitter feed because I don't follow any idiots.  So quit blaming the tool for your own lack of understanding for how it works.  You don't even have to follow ANYONE but MMORPG.com if you wanted in on the contest.  No one forces you to follow anyone on Twitter, so I just wonder for what reason you're all getting your panties in a twist?

i've always respected your insightful comments on this site, but not here.

i had a twitter account. used it for nonprofit, activism, coding, then i realized that 120 characters linking me to RT another person's 120 characters, no matter how insightful was not only redundant but time consuming.

one of the largest complaints i have heard from business people who actually do use social sites is the plain old fashioned ROI. and here in particular, its more of a return on time invested. do you really think Sears Co. is going to make a huge comeback kid appearance simply b/c they got their sale on ties RT'd 2million times?

and i don't think most of the complaints here are anti-twitter as much as anti-linking me from one site to the next to sign up for one thing after another.

my personal info is worth more than a chance at a 35.00 plushie of a genocidal race.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by chelan

Originally posted by just1opinion

lol @twitter

i've always respected your insightful comments on this site, but not here.

i had a twitter account. used it for nonprofit, activism, coding, then i realized that 120 characters linking me to RT another person's 120 characters, no matter how insightful was not only redundant but time consuming.

one of the largest complaints i have heard from business people who actually do use social sites is the plain old fashioned ROI. and here in particular, its more of a return on time invested. do you really think Sears Co. is going to make a huge comeback kid appearance simply b/c they got their sale on ties RT'd 2million times?

and i don't think most of the complaints here are anti-twitter as much as anti-linking me from one site to the next to sign up for one thing after another.

my personal info is worth more than a chance at a 35.00 plushie of a genocidal race.

I stand by my comment and respectfully disagree with you.  I wouldn't change one single word of what I said, because it reflects the truth as I have experienced it and I can only speak for myself.  There are a lot of people in this thread that whined about Twitter's narcississtic commentary and ....as I said.... that is no one's fault but their own.  Don't follow idiots, don't have idiotic comments.  It's very simple.  Never do I see comments like, "had chicken salad for lunch today," NEVER.  I don't follow idiots. And if you do....you have no right to complain about it. Unfollow them and change it, ffs.

You may be right about there being more irritation about having to connect to another site for this contest, BUT....there haven't been as many statements saying that as posts that have complained about Twitter itself, which, again....is the user's fault not Twitter's.

I don't frankly care if you like or dislike Twitter, I'm just saying a good deal of your experience with Twitter is dictated by those you follow and your own behavior on Twitter.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• Vlad_TepesVlad_Tepes Member Posts: 47

Thanks for the contest.

• mmozombiemmozombie Member Posts: 15

lol, wow...look at all the twitter hate... i personally love twitter, won quite a bit of stuff, just by using it... but i guess if yall wanna hate on it, then thats one less person i have to compete with for prizes :) :) :D

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Have the winners been chosen?

• MoogiefluffMoogiefluff Member UncommonPosts: 10

Apparently not... seems they've just forgotten about the whole thing.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Indeed they have!

Mike will be along to announce them soon (tm).  They've been informed too.

Cheers!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Funny, I never got my message....

• KaledusKaledus Member Posts: 73

And here I was thinking most people liked twitter.. But my own opinion seems to be just like everyone elses. :o

Twitter is such a simple concept, anyone could have thought of it.. Hell, someone could just as easily overtaken twitter with a similar type of system, but with more benefits (*cough, character limit*). Twitter, Facebook, Myspace.. All of them are just fads, and really just over the edge ones in my opinion. v.v

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

twiteer and facebook sucks !!!

the thing is cute :) , grats to the winners

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

congrats to the victorious twits!

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.