Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom Banned My Account regarding a misunderstanding with a promo and chargeback. UPDATE: (Account

124»

Comments

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468

I believe this is standard of their billing system.  I had an Anarchy Online account get banned for that very same reason.  I had resubbed not realizing I had a canceled CC tied to the account and was banned after the transaction didn't go through.

• SquiggieSquiggie Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by Xeno326

Originally posted by Beazt

I agree with other people here, ( And for the record, I have not played AoC since launch - So no, I'm not a fan boy )

If you weren't sure about the game, then you should have paid for 1 month, and leave it at that, - without chargeback.

Getting banned serves you just right imo.

And title is misleading, they don't ban for cancel of subs, they ban for chargebacks.

When all that is said, then I'd also have to say, that "F2P" is sh*t,, at least as it stands now, it is just accepted that comapnies slap a F2P tag on their games, then lock you from half the content, throw in an item shop, and ask you to pay a sub to access the rest of the game.

Hell no... I will never play a game like that.

Well you either fail at reading comprehension or read some of the situation and skipped the important details.

Let me summarize it for you.

Promo Free xpac with purchase of 12mo sub.

You can't trial a promo as you were suggesting above pay a month to test the waters. It has nothing to do with testing AoC for the first time, it was me acting on a promo offer.

2 After taking up the promo offer the product they were advertising was not included with my subscription. Contacted support, no assistance, and they refused to refund my sub to keep the money I already paid expecting I was going to sit there like a helpless idiot. I'm smarter than that and outplayed them on their tactics.

You're right the title should be different. They don't actually provide what they are advertising in their promo's, is what it should be and then cause you avoidable stress by being difficult and refusing to work with you as a customer and when you have no other options and get your money back from a charge cancellation, they ban you. That's what the title should be.

From what I can tell, you didn't outplay anyone...you over-reacted to an inept support rep.  If you would have asked the rep to speak to someone higher up the food chain, you probably could have resolved the issue day-one.  You kind of brought this upon yourself to some degree.

I'm no fan of Fun(Fail)com as I have been burned by both AO and AoC.  I also can relate to dealing with moronic support reps, so I feel your frustration.  Credit card chargebacks should only be used as a last resort.  As you have learned, it can end up screwing you in the end...it may even affect your credit score (which can be life altering).

Let me say it again, chargebacks should only be used as a last resort!

Glad you got it all sorted out in the end!  ;)