Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods Online: New Content & a Smoother Leveling Curve

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Both North American and European Allods Online players will see some significant changes to the leveling curve with the October update. New content will also be added to the game as well as new 24/7 PvP arena action.

The most compelling inclusion in the next patch is the "complete rebalancing" of content for players from levels 1-25. The fatigue system, always a controversial feature in Allods, will be removed and players will receive bonus XP for monster killing in the earliest levels of the game.

The specific date for the new update have not yet been announced so keep your eye on the Allods Online site as October nears.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

I'll never understand the hate on allods

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by Lashley

It's P2W, or at least it used to be. I'm not sure how things are now.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I played in OB.  The cash shop went in and started all sorts of fury.  From what I understand this is all resolved, but the reputation lingers.  At the release, both Allods and ROM were the hottest talked about F2Ps.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

It's a long road. Back when the cash shop first launched, players discovered that they were being charged 10x the price Russian players were paying (where the game originally launched). Then they added in perfume (cash shop) as the only way to get rid of Fear of Death, that would debuff your stats 25% stacking on each death, and whose duration increased as you leveled. They removed Fear of Death and replaced it with item curses, that randomly invert stats on rare drops that could only be fixed by an item from the cash shop.

So an over emphasis on large cash shop purchases early on in the game's life. 

But haven't they fixed it all now, so that you DON'T have to use the item shop?

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Yes, but for a lot of people it was a matter of showing up too late to the party. By the time they did make the changes, a good amount of the population had found something else to play.

It's like the old saying goes: you only get one first impression.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I don't know from personal experience.  There's a new bug that won't let it run on my systems here.  I've heard yes, it is possible to play free and level up.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Ok, so they launched the worst cash shop in history.  Then they broke the game so you HAD to use it to kill anything.  For example: Let's say you easily killed a mob yesterday, then after the patch you log in today and that same mob kills you...or the fight takes 5 times as long  Then the dev says, "Great news! We've added an enhancement you can buy at the store that makes your character more powerful!" Seriously? You reduce my power then offer to sell me the ability to get it back?!?!?

Then, let's say that before the patch, when you died, your stats were reduced for a period of time.  You could buy an item off the cash shop to remove this debuff more quickly. Player's didn't like it because they had to wait for the cooldown to play.  So, "in response to the players" they said, "Great news! When you die you no longer have a long debuff...we'll just BREAK one of your items to make it unusable until you purchase an item from the cash shop to fix it!" Seriously? I don't have a sword now? I either pay them money or go get a new one? Wow.

Oh, by the way, if you die to to a bug or DC....you still consume a cash shop item with no chance of reimbursement (yes, I tried and they flat out said 'we don't reimburse'...I said, "I fell through the world? Why did this cost me money?" They didn't care.

Then, people start leaving in droves and the devs in a public chat say, "Everybody loves these changes, our internal numbers show that people aren't leaving at all!"  It was like being in a burning building and saying, "Fire? There's no fire!"

Ugh. Still frustrates me to think about it.  I just haven't mustered up the will to trust them again, although from what I'm reading, these recent changes do address alot of these issues...if what I'm reading is actually true.

Ah, yeah that sounds pretty bad. I'm downloading it now as I randomly stopped playing, gonna give it another go, see if its improved. Haven't played since open beta.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by Omali

Yes, but for a lot of people it was a matter of showing up too late to the party. By the time they did make the changes, a good amount of the population had found something else to play.

It's like the old saying goes: you only get one first impression.

Come on, none of these games are f2p.  If you are the supreme grinder you might be competitive in Allods, but I would not count on it.  If you want to pvp, get out your wallet!  Just another p2w game and saying it is not so does not change the fact that it is.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Can anyone please confirm that the Fear of Death penalty and the Item Curses that drove tons of players away are no longer in the game and have not been replaced with another gimmick to force you to pay to play?

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

Fear of death is long gone.  Curses are still present however the cash shop item to prevent curse is free in the cash shop - so as long as you stock up on them there's no chance of cursed items. 

If you do somehow get a cursed item, the cash shop item to remove it is not free.  So if you're prepared - curse will never be a problem.

Really the only negative from death now is a wait in Purgatory - which as long as you dont die repeatedly is only 30 seconds or so.

• Dante1443Dante1443 Member Posts: 23

My only problem with Allods is that 75% of the quests in each zone are repeats.  Sure the NPCs and environment are different but it's just a lot of grinding and searching for 10 of this and 15 of that.  I got two of my characters to level 21 and just couldn't play anymore.