Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anet Please release the game already

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Zzad

LOL!  I've seen this comment all over Youtube.  Now it's a meme.  Awesome.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by dbstylin34

Originally posted by itgrowls

I have to say i speak for most of the community when i say, you gotta stop teasing us and at the VERY least do an open beta with no NDA. Talk about the races when the game is out.

Most of the community wants them to take there time and make sure its extremely smooth and polished for launch.

I second this i really want them to get it right im really hyped for this game to and i wanna play it now... but i rather have the best experience possible so yeh get it right AN!!! btw dbstyin34 u know ne GW2 guild sites for us aussies?

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

Originally posted by Eir_S

Christmas this year?  That's a good one.  If that happened, I'd eat my hat.... my limited edition GW2 hat.

Considering it was labled as the earliest and most desirable period in which to release a game, as well as the following few months after the said holiday, I hardly see how its a "good one", of which I think you suggest is a joke which connotes a level of stupidity.

The game, which they have admitted is already in quite a polished state can release whenever the publish wants it to given the fact that online game culture is usually followed by patches and expansions. These kinds of games are never truly complete, just certain features and milestones will be present for phase 1 of the game. The localization and legal aspects are just as time consuming when figuring out a good and ideal release date, along with the usual popular release dates for AAA games.

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Originally posted by Rabenwolf

Christmas this year?  That's a good one.  If that happened, I'd eat my hat.... my limited edition GW2 hat.

Considering it was labled as the earliest and most desirable period in which to release a game, as well as the following few months after the said holiday, I hardly see how its a "good one", of which I think you suggest is a joke which connotes a level of stupidity.

The game, which they have admitted is already in quite a polished state can release whenever the publish wants it to given the fact that online game culture is usually followed by patches and expansions. These kinds of games are never truly complete, just certain features and milestones will be present for phase 1 of the game. The localization and legal aspects are just as time consuming when figuring out a good and ideal release date, along with the usual popular release dates for AAA games.

Nice Burn dude!

• KonyakKonyak Member Posts: 156

It's not ready.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Rabenwolf

Are you calling me stupid or are you suggesting I called you stupid?  Either way, I said "good one" because most people have given up hope that the game will be released anytime soon, especially at Christmas this year.  As much as I want the game in my hands, I'm not even sure I want it to be released that early.  Beta would be a swell Christmas present, however.

Whatever rationale you use in your argument doesn't change the fact that ANet is running this ship and they will release it when it's finished.  And even if they're pushed by NCSoft, NCSoft is hardly EA.  The "most desirable" period to release the game doesn't have much to do with when it will actually hit shelves, unless you have some cold hard facts I don't know about.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I have to say i speak for most of the community when i say, you gotta stop teasing us and at the VERY least do an open beta with no NDA. Talk about the races when the game is out.

Most of the community wants them to take there time and make sure its extremely smooth and polished for launch.

Yea I absolutely agree.  GW2 is still in the works.  There are features they are still deep into working on.  The game probably isnt ready for Closed or Open Beta or the game would BE in closed or open Beta.  Its not like Anet is just sitting there messing around not really interested in releasing it.  They're a company.  Im sure they'd love to sell us GW2 as much as we'd like to buy it.  But its not ready yet.  Its still in the oven. 

And like many are saying, there are other games like Skyrim coming out to hold people over.  GW2 is my most anticipated mmo.  But Skyrim is my most anticipated game of the year.  Im drooling over that one.  And waiting for that IS hard for me, because I know for the most part, Skyrim is done.  They're just messing around now, tweaking here and tweaking there, and Im freaking out cause I wanna play the darn thing already.  GW2 isnt really ready, but Im pretty sure Skyrim is there.  Just have to wait for November....sigh......

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

IT IS READY! ASK

TOTALBISQUIT!

The part he has seen is ready...

But the total game package is far from ready...

They only just started implementing the AI for most mobs..

They still need to add feautures to the UI, like VOIP (which is a must for any modern game)

The trait system is being redworked

High level content, zones and dungeons are a work on the go..

Even two starter zones are not even ready to be tested

Minigames are not in their current build yet

Beta testing hasnt even started they are still in Alpha

Some gear will have up to 4 colors, but that still needs to be implemented

THat those parts they have shown are in such good shape only tells a lot about Arenanets Dedication to make this game work... don't expect anything even close to a release in the Next 6 months and cross your fingers that they will make closed beta in 2011....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

They've said as much as a small closed beta is coming this year. Probably closer to the end of this year. Depending on how that goes they'll set dates for open beta and eventually for release.

The odds of a release before Christmas might not be as high as we'd like. We'll know more when annouce closed beta, october, november or december. I'm not holding my breath and expecting the game to release in Q1 2012 at the earliest.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• KonyakKonyak Member Posts: 156

I don't think people realize that ArenaNet isn't necessarily being rushed to finish this game. At least not in the sense of what rushed means to us MMO gamers. NCSoft has been nice enough to give ArenaNet plenty of time to finish their product and to make it the best it can be. This is because there's no room for mistakes since there's no subscription fee so ArenaNet has to actually finish the game the right way to earn your money.

Even though people say that they want the developers to not rush the game, they get mad when there's no release date. Does anyone think that making an MMO is easy? No, it really isn't. It's easy for a publisher to slap an expected release date on the product, and therefore MMOs nowadays seem rushed. Developers normally don't have time to actually try to build their game as close to perfection as possible. But to actually FINISH a game, that's hard to do. There's way too much ArenaNet is working on.

ArenaNet isn't going to give people a release date just because the gamers want them to hurry. That's not how they work. It'll be done when it's done. That simple. Not many developers have that privilege. So nobody should complain in any way shape or form about them taking too long. The wait WILL pay off. ArenaNet is making Guild Wars 2 for themselves just as much as they are building it for the gamers.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I'm more up in the air on a release date than I was a week ago.

There was the bit in the Taiwanese press that an NCSoft exec hinted that GW2 closed beta would be under way in the U.S. by mid November. That could mean an early 2012 release date is very possible, maybe even during the first half of the first quarter, assuming everything goes well and Open Beta only runs about two months or so, with a very short Open Beta.

However, some have also been insisting that they heard at PAX Prime that Closed Beta could get underway with out any Application process. That might hint at Closed Beta this year just being a slightly expanded extension of the current Closed Alpha, which in turn might signal that GW2 Closed Beta may be an extended affair, rather than a brief one. That could possibly push the release date way into Q2 2012, or later.

I'm trying to be optimistic.

Hopefully Closed Beta will start by Mid-November.

The no Closed Beta Application rumor might just signal that closed beta will be a mix of GW1 players and GW2 pre-order customers, with the rest having to wait for Open Beta. I think that type of Closed Beta could be more of the fairly brief variety.

I'm still holding onto my gut feeling of a February 28, 2012 release, which may still seem like along time, but will be here before we know it.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• BhorzoBhorzo Member Posts: 192

From the gameplay i've seen and the comments from oen of the biggest critics of all games out there everywhere, the game is definitely ready for beta. They just need to get off their fannies and let it loose on the fans to see the reaction in at the very least an open beta. All these delays do nothing but annoy people.

1) How can anyone say whether or not it's "ready" when they've only seen 2% of the game. Maybe the other 98% isn't ready?

2) What's the point of an open beta if players can only test a tiny fraction of the game?

3) There hasn't been a single delay. Can you give us ONE example of the release date being pushed back?

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

We havent even seen WvWvW or crafting yet. You really dont want them to release GW2 with unfinished WvWvW. The following shitstorm would even hit the people who have no interest in WvWvW to begin with.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by fiontar

I'm more up in the air on a release date than I was a week ago.

There was the bit in the Taiwanese press that an NCSoft exec hinted that GW2 closed beta would be under way in the U.S. by mid November.

The cynic in me says a massive closed beta invite release one week before TOR opens.  And of course Blizzard will have a big "gee whiz lookit all this cool stuff we've been sitting on" patch about the same time.

This is a cutthroat marketing world :)  And damned if a little competition for customers won't do the whole genre a world of good.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by someforumguy

We havent even seen WvWvW or crafting yet. You really dont want them to release GW2 with unfinished WvWvW. The following shitstorm would even hit the people who have no interest in WvWvW to begin with.

Here's a very unofficial crafting video: http://youtu.be/dE8FxHdgKvo

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by Kaerigan

Originally posted by someforumguy

Here's a very unofficial crafting video: http://youtu.be/dE8FxHdgKvo

Thanks for that vid :) I already saw some of the crafting, but you cant really tell if its finished just from that. Same goes for the world. The demos so far only take part in a small part of it.

Also that guy in the vid was very annoying in the way he kept trying to use greyed out resources in combinations lol.

Untill a Arenanet dev tells its ready, there is no reason to believe that it is ready.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

The fraction of the game that we've seen may have been polished and look ready for release, but the vast majority that we haven't seen isn't necessarily in the same state.  If it was, they'd release tomorrow and beat all the competition out there (and there is some heavy competition) to the punch.

Just enjoy the ride.  Play some other games in the meantime.  Give a little support to some of the other MMOs that will be popping before GW2.  Then, when it's ready, submerse yourself in all that GW2 goodness.

• AthillianAthillian Member Posts: 104

when skyrim comes out I think i would prefer it to come out on its latest date. Because there just isnt enough time in one day to play both.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

By all gods in the universe, release the damned game allready!

I feel like someone in jail waiting to be set free !

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Yeah, even if it takes them until 2018 to do it...^^  Its looking like we aren't going to see it this year.  Perhaps in 2012 some time.  Or 2013 or 2014... image

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • draeth187draeth187 Member Posts: 1

With the announcement of TOR's release date, maybe we can hope and pray that ArenaNet see that and sneak in a week earlier.

Man would that be sweet!

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

I'd rather they polish it rather than release too soon, but one thing they did do too soon was this year's stream of info. Personally, I can only keep up my enthusiasm for so long, and right now I just feel burned out on it. "Huh, stuff from GW2" is essentially my response to every piece of news, and I usually don't even read the articles any more. I worry that too much of the community will feel like this when they do tell us the release date, and it will just go *phut* (not the release itself, but rather there will be much less excitement over the prospect and more a feeling of "Alright, great. Back to the waiting then").

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by atticusbc

I'd rather they polish it rather than release too soon, but one thing they did do too soon was this year's stream of info. Personally, I can only keep up my enthusiasm for so long, and right now I just feel burned out on it. "Huh, stuff from GW2" is essentially my response to every piece of news, and I usually don't even read the articles any more. I worry that too much of the community will feel like this when they do tell us the release date, and it will just go *phut* (not the release itself, but rather there will be much less excitement over the prospect and more a feeling of "Alright, great. Back to the waiting then").

Exactly. Their marketing department is WAY out of cycle over there.  I suspect at least part of this, is an attempt to keep their remaining player base in Guild Wars at least semi active.  But as more and more time passes, its going to become ever more difficult to keep people encouraged about their new game.  Guild Wars 2 does look like fun, but as more time passes, it becomes less and less relevant in my plans for the future. 

Taking the time to do something right is fine, and the professional approach. We've seen way too many games rushed out because of publisher/investor panic. But, on the other extreme is waiting so long that one misses ones window of opportunity, and people start losing interest.  

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by Wraithone

*snip*

Exactly. Their marketing department is WAY out of cycle over there.  I suspect at least part of this, is an attempt to keep their remaining player base in Guild Wars at least semi active.  But as more and more time passes, its going to become ever more difficult to keep people encouraged about their new game.  Guild Wars 2 does look like fun, but as more time passes, it becomes less and less relevant in my plans for the future. 

Taking the time to do something right is fine, and the professional approach. We've seen way too many games rushed out because of publisher/investor panic. But, on the other extreme is waiting so long that one misses ones window of opportunity, and people start losing interest.  

However this isn't the time for GW2 to launch. There are just way too many promising and hyped up games being released in the next 3 months (Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, SW:TOR, Skyrim, DOTA 2,etc) that they would simply overshadow Guild Wars 2 if it was to release this year. It would be best (from a marketing standpoint) to allow SW:TOR to release this year (if they still plan to), allow the majority of the playerbase to get through the content and then release some time after, when there isn't so many games that the general public wants to buy.

• MeleagarMeleagar Member Posts: 407

I'm going on a cheetos fast until GW2 goes gold. Swear to god.