Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Smuggler Progression Video

Comments

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

That's a pretty funny video. Han Solo FTW! :)

Of course the smuggler is OP compared to the rest for the sake of demonstrating skills. I'm not sure I like the gunslinger hat though, it looks like something out of Call of Juarez. It looked out of place in the SW universe, then again it's a big universe, nothing like a bit of diversity. Other than that, really nice vid.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• mitarratmitarrat Member UncommonPosts: 50

This video was full of win. I actually laughed at the scenes in it. Well done.

• nobotttersnobottters Member Posts: 88

Smuggler has cloak, I hate that in games, now really turned off, Hopefully the gunslinger dont have it... Is it me or is this video treating Han Solo as Indiana Jones?

Regards,
    Nobotters - A better gaming experience

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

The smuggler looks like he belongs in a Western.   He looks cool, but it sure doesn't look like starwars.  And, what jedi/sith would just stand there and let himself get shot in the chest?  Any smuggler would have tasted that blaster fire from the jedi reflecting it back in their face.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Originally posted by Asamighost

Originally posted by Beachcomber

That video was awful. Was it meant to be in game footage? He never got touched by enemy fire but one-shot evrything else.

Im seriously starting to have major doubts about this game.

LOL.

Show me a game currently released thats better. Please do.

The thing is, watching the video, gives you the impression that the player can dodge incoming gun fire, it all misses the character by a mater of feet. This can never be done in a tab targetting game.

Im not talking about other games, im talking about this game.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Asamighost

That video was awful. Was it meant to be in game footage? He never got touched by enemy fire but one-shot evrything else.

LOL.

Show me a game currently released thats better. Please do.

The thing is, watching the video, gives you the impression that the player can dodge incoming gun fire, it all misses the character by a mater of feet. This can never be done in a tab targetting game.
    Im not talking about other games, im talking about this game.

Never heard of the miss dice roll or evasion skill?

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

And that is why my main will be a Smuggler. Heh.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Originally posted by Lidane

The super tight pants?

Originally posted by MikeB

Originally posted by Britas

God, Gamertube blows

Mind giving us a bit more than that? We're always looking to improve the service!

What bothers me about Gamertube?

Being forced to watch an Ad for a video game when the video I am wanting to watch IS AN AD FOR A VIDEO GAME.

Except the initial Ad is a game that I didn't click on to watch, and more often than not, is a game I don't care ANYthing about.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Originally posted by MikeB

Originally posted by Britas

God, Gamertube blows

Mind giving us a bit more than that? We're always looking to improve the service!

What bothers me about Gamertube?

Being forced to watch an Ad for a video game when the video I am wanting to watch IS AN AD FOR A VIDEO GAME.

Except the initial Ad is a game that I didn't click on to watch, and more often than not, is a game I don't care ANYthing about.

I know this is a shock, but ads actually do generate revenue for the video host.  Running websites/video services aren't free.

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Originally posted by Lidane

The super tight pants?

The pants? Nah. It's all about the gunslinger hat. image

Actually, the Smuggler just looks like a fun class. And it's not a Jedi/Sith. I'll roll a lightsaber class at some point, but I'd like to start SWTOR without all that. Besides, I was always a Han Solo fangirl back in the day anyway.

Ads generate revenue?  You're right, that was a shock. Didn't realize that.

The Smuggler has always been the only class that I plan to play.

What I find to be a shame though is that I'm sure everyone will go to the Gunslinger to go after that trench & hat look.  I mean... Scoundrel path leads to a white... robe and cape thing? Screw that....

So there's going to be 80,000 Gunslingers all dressed the same.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

The first video which makes me interested in the game. Very nicely done indeed.

Wondering if playing like that is actually possible in the game (pve) or if this was merely a trailer made with in game graphics.

Originally posted by thekid1

The first video which makes me interested in the game. Very nicely done indeed.

Wondering if playing like that is actually possible in the game (pve) or if this was merely a trailer made with in game graphics.

Its a trailer made with in-game graphics.  That is not how the game actually plays.  Though I believe some of the cutscenes will provide some movie-ish sensations such as these progression videos do.

• tomwoditomwodi Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by GMan3

Originally posted by ArcheAge

Originally posted by hikaru77

Originally posted by GMan3 

Originally posted by mrw0lf

It's just a promo vid, there are plenty of vids out there for actual footage. I do agree however I don't really see the point, but for those who don't read these forums etc, it's possible tsomething like this could get them interested. It's possible this marketing just isn't aimed at regular mmo gamers?

Or it is possible that some people won't be happy no matter what you show them.

Haters gonna hate, easy like that. Is amazing but you can find a lot of people who really want to see this game fail, especially gw2 fanboys. 

Same applies to the swtor fanboys.

But how many of us go to the GW2 threads and do this kind of garbage so often?  I go occassionally browse them because I am mildly interested in GW2, but you'll not see me bashing everything about the game that I don't like.  Unfortunately, I see a LOT of GW2 fans doing it here REPEATEDLY.

Here is a thought for ALL mature and immature individuals, if you don't like a game then don't hate on it's threads and instead let people with an honest interest debate over the finer points of a game and how to improve it.  It will never happen but it would be nice.

You are the only hater here dude, the 1° post just say he is in doubt about the game, you even no IF HE WILL PLAY GW2...

In a forun, you must learn to deal with different opinions, or move away...

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

The smuggler looks like he belongs in a Western.   He looks cool, but it sure doesn't look like starwars.  And, what jedi/sith would just stand there and let himself get shot in the chest?  Any smuggler would have tasted that blaster fire from the jedi reflecting it back in their face.

Star Wars is a space western with fantasy elements.

The smuggler is also partially inspired by the firefly series / film according to the devs.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• ChimpsChimps Member Posts: 192

Definitely dissapointing how dull and boring the low level equipments look.

I'm sick of playing MMOS that doesn't let you fully enjoy the game until the game is almost over.

Let's hope that's not the case with SWTOR.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

they try hard to be funny. i couldnt laugh at all. It was not funny. Mabye its me, who cant understand that low iq comedy they try to make.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Originally posted by makii

they try hard to be funny. i couldnt laugh at all. It was not funny. Mabye its me, who cant understand that low iq comedy they try to make.

I don't think it was supposed to be  funny..

More of a friendly atmosphere feel good tone.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by makii

Those scenes were clear references to movie scenes from wellknown movies, so if you didn't find it funny at all and 'low iq comedy' then I guess you found the original Star Wars movies and Indiana Jones movie of 'low iq humor' too when those scenes like that happened.

To me, it was more about the kind of character and settings the smuggler would move around in with the references to particular movie scenes that the trailer made.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• waits1972waits1972 Member Posts: 46

Did I see a kick to the groin or were my eyes mistaken?

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by waits1972

Did I see a kick to the groin or were my eyes mistaken?

*smiles*

• waits1972waits1972 Member Posts: 46

That is just downright tough if there are groin kicks in the game. 

• ashreashre Member UncommonPosts: 3

smuggler/gunslinger definitly my  first alt

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by waits1972

That is just downright tough if there are groin kicks in the game. 

There's an awesome smuggler scene in one of the gameplay videos where the smuggler has only 5% health left with 2 full health Sith moving towards him to bar his way. He flashbangs one Sith, then kicks the other Sith in the groin after which he moves unhindered past the two Sith opponents. Respect image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."