Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you still have to twink yourself with implants?

Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

This game used to be awesome, but the constant need for twinking yourself with implants to the point where if you weren't effectively 10-20 levels stronger than you should be got really annoying. I did not enjoy this aspect at all, is that still there?

Comments

• quasar941quasar941 Member Posts: 159

Yep. Twinking is and always will be a core part of Anarchy Online.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by quasar941

Hard-core twinking was one of my favorite parts of AO.....I really REALLY wish there were more games with this type of mechanic in place.

Hurry up and give us AO2 already.

• About all you see in chat are requests for buffings. 131??? Anyone? I need to equip my ubercannon!

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Hard-core twinking was one of my favorite parts of AO.....I really REALLY wish there were more games with this type of mechanic in place.

How?!?! Why?!?! this is such a dumb feature they might as well just make everyone 10-20 levels more effective from the get go.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by Fendel84M

How?!?! Why?!?! this is such a dumb feature they might as well just make everyone 10-20 levels more effective from the get go.

because it's fun???

Seriously....using buffs and twink items to jack your stats up to the point where you can squeeze into higher level gear is a blast. Ever have a level 15 trader with a level 80 shotty?? It doesn't get much more fun than that!

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

To add a bit more thought and planning into a game besides pressing attack and grinding levels.

It is fun to twink, and fun to be able to get better without just having to kill one billion mobs.

It is one of the reasons AO will ALWAYS hold a special spot in my heart.  I honestly hate when games just "let" you put on items, seems like too much spoon feeding.

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

This game used to be awesome, but the constant need for twinking yourself with implants to the point where if you weren't effectively 10-20 levels stronger than you should be got really annoying. I did not enjoy this aspect at all, is that still there?

as paid player with expansion content you never really had to twink hard, you could half ass it,  like just focus on getting on a great weapon or a few specific class nano's and it was just about having a decent tank and doc in the team.

As a free player though yeah you probably want to stay twinked more often.

Right now though the population is so low and most people playing have multiple 220's, i got a 220 doc and enf myself i jsut got tired of havign to pay for multiple accounts to level and even then not being able to find enough people to form a team when i want. I think the way it is now with the low population, you will feel the need to twink even more than when the population was better, unless you got a pocket account.

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
    Warframe:Skuly1775

• Nomis278Nomis278 Member UncommonPosts: 126

I remember the first time I squeezed into Grid Armour. A proud moment.

Originally posted by Nomis278

my best twink so far has probably been ga 4 at lvl 83.  

not ubah by anymeans, but still not bad :D

or maybe my s10 twink, a 150 keeper with a ql 260 excal on.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

I remember spending a small fortune back in the day (note: Pre-Notum Wars) getting an implant set specifically to increase the prime skill needed to wear GA. And an implant set needed to be able to squeeze in the implant set for GA. And then saving up the millions of ISK it cost, and running around praying someone had a disk. Never did get it.

I also remember taking my helm off once for RP reasons, and having to spend an hour running around mixing implants and buffs to get it back on again.

Originally posted by terrant

I remember spending a small fortune back in the day (note: Pre-Notum Wars) getting an implant set specifically to increase the prime skill needed to wear GA. And an implant set needed to be able to squeeze in the implant set for GA. And then saving up the millions of ISK it cost, and running around praying someone had a disk. Never did get it.

I also remember taking my helm off once for RP reasons, and having to spend an hour running around mixing implants and buffs to get it back on again.

That is one plus about the social armor tab they FINALLY implemented.