Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people ignore AION??

Comments

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

I went back to the game just before the mm population promotion went live.   I stuck around for a month .. maybe 45 days.

While I enjoyed playing the game for a bit.. I just didn't see anything to keep me long term.   I talked to higher level people in big guilds to get a better picture of that aspect of the game.   There is definitely a base of people who stuck with the game since launch...   I just couldn't find a personal reason to really put the time in and stick around.

Its relative to many recent "western" MMO's... except in those games you very quickly hit "end game".   Then you figure out there really isn't anything you personally want to stick around for.   For me Aion felt like that but it would just take longer to get to that level.

So I don't really ignore the game... its a good enough game.   Just not for *me*.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Tried to play, made it through newb zones and got my wings, was not impressed. Horrible graphics, yes, the models are greatly detailed by the visuals had no soul, no originality or flair of creativity. The environmental graphics were awful.

I can forgive some grindy game play if the combat is fun and the world is immersive and exciting, but none of those things were true.

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589

"I know that "some" folks like the game, yet some folks also like to be abused, tied up and dominated.... "...they made a MMORPG out of that, cool where do I sign, ooooooOOOOOH wait I see what you meant there, (SIGH)

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

Also the not being able to fly everywhere sort of sucks, I mean seriously I have wings but I can't fly where ever I want..

Dustin

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by fatenabu1

Also the not being able to fly everywhere sort of sucks, I mean seriously I have wings but I can't fly where ever I want..

Dustin

I agree and disagree at the same time.  They did a good job of explaining the limits of flight, and they don't want you to be able to bypass alot of content, but yeah, if you have wings it seems silly that they only work in certain areas.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

I liked the graphics, i didn't even mind the standard questing, but when a game like Perfectworld can run rings around a triple AAA game like Aion with better flight then something is very wrong, it's like the dev's put the whole flying thing as an afterthought, invisible walls everywhere, very limited flight time, no flying quests or monsters to fight, it's just wrong, I remember seeing the first ad's for Aion and it was the main thing about the game was flying and yet... sorry but this game is not worthy of my $15 a month.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by manny702

Well i always see alot of post of peeps asking what game's to play or if they should play rift or WoW wtf why dnt people see aion? I mean ive been playing the game for only like 3 weeks and am level 31 and am having a blast of a time best game in my opnion i love the gear the wings the skills the people even the mobs lmfao i jsut love the game i go to bed sometimes still thinking am playing in the game still lol so why dnt people give aion a try? Is it because how NCSOFT screwed it up at launch? Or is it because some people find it boring i just want the opnions of why u dnt like aion or what gives u the turn off for this game? Just curious to now other people's opnion's.

The answer can be as simple as Rift and WoW are PvE, Aion is PvP. So like most PvP games Aion pays about as much attention to PvE as most eastern games leading the game to feel rather grindy when compared to titles that focus on PvE. However I personally think its many factors and yes release played a big part as first impressions are everything for MMO's but in the end I think it really boils down to, if I'm looking for fun and engaging PvE I am not going to look for it in a PvP game. This is why you also don't see EvE often listed (that and the spreadsheets stigma), so in the end just because someone finds one game fun does not mean that other people will agree.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

The pvp in the game was crap, the sieges were laggy as hell. The whole pvp area was crap since it would just turn into someone popping wings and the chase was on. Even if you did find someone that wanted to fight one vs one, once they realized they were going to lose they would just pop wings and try to fly away. The pve encounters that I played in were not great at all. 

Anyways I played for two months at the start, it just wasn't a game for me personally. 

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455

The character creator killed the game for me. Realy hate what some players create with it.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

plain and simple it was the village idiots that ruined it for me.i got to lvl 20 and it was a battle to get further mainly because once i stepped out of my village i had some dick head lvl 50 waitin to gank me..thinking he was a great player..yeah he was great indeed,same with all the other dick heads that did that.they destroyed the game for me.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by kevjards

plain and simple it was the village idiots that ruined it for me.i got to lvl 20 and it was a battle to get further mainly because once i stepped out of my village i had some dick head lvl 50 waitin to gank me..thinking he was a great player..yeah he was great indeed,same with all the other dick heads that did that.they destroyed the game for me.

Ditto.  They've fixed that.  It's very easy to quest  and there are plenty of places to avoid ganking now.  I wouldn't even have a sub if that didn't get fixed.  Plus, with more flightpaths you're not wandering up and down a narrow road all the time either.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

i would have gladly stuck with aion if they had used there brains and not just catered for the pvp guy.dont get me wrong i dont mind a bit of pvp,but i would have stayed if they brought in a couple of pve servers.they never seem to listen to the players.people were complaining all the time about no pve servers.i know its a pvp game..but a world has beautiful as that should have had pve servers.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

I am of the camp I thought Aion had alot of potential. I actually enjoyed the game play of it. Groups alot of times actually knew how to work well together. Which since the launch of WOW has been a rarity. I thought some of the open world group areas were absolutely amazing IF you could get a group to do them, as most would want to just run instances or PVP all the time.. The graphics were amazing.

So why did I get out of it? People running around with Lolipops and chainsaws for weapons or maybe lightsabers. People running around all over looking like clowns in general just killed the immersion. I like my fantasy to look fantasy. Maybe thats a shallow reason to get annoyed with a game. However that is the reason I left.

Some might say Graphics arent everything. However Immersion in my opinion is a huge part on whether you like a game, and Aion's silly costumes and skins ruined mine.

• BritasBritas Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by inzane3

Originally posted by Britas

Originally posted by WhiteCross

Aion = S U C K A G E!

I played in beta and at launch.

OP, this is why.

Entrenched opinions formed years ago that refuse to acknowledge change or take a reasonable look at the current game. It happens with every game across these boards, because everyone knows having an entrenched 'pro' opinion (ie, one that just stupidly repeats what the 'cool kids' say) makes you 'pro'.

Thanks White for demonstrating that :)

lol Aion did suck at launch and at Beta and Even months after that.

That wasnt debated or the point being made.

• MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Member UncommonPosts: 192

I don't dislike Aion it's just not my cuppa tea. If friends and family members played it idc what it is I'd be there including aion =)

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

The problem with Aion NA/EU compared to Aion KR is it is impossible to change the game. There is no local developement team, so NA/EU gets what the Korean have months or YEARS later. That has always been the core issue with this game.

• SouzetsuAeriSouzetsuAeri Member UncommonPosts: 120

I have nothing against Aion. I actually bought the CE and played up to level 30 when it first launched. The gold sellers, people getting banned over nothing and the community on the server I played is what killed it for me. There are times I feel like playing for a month so the purchase wasnt a full waste but I usually pass it up because I haven't had the extra $$ to possibly throw away.

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

I played aion in beta and after launch for a while, however the game killed itself for me when I realised that I cant actually have fun with my spiritmaster when grouped with a sorc.

I had a blast in pvp though, spiritmasters were totally OP at that time though :D

Now I'm simply not playing because of the P2P payment method, I simply dont have money for monthly payments anymore.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

The game is PVPVE game. IMO: PVP is endgame and is forced on the player and turns some players off. This doesnt help when the game is far too gear dependant with too many ways to enchance your gear. This creates "twinks" that can 2 shot other players. Your ability to fight back is extremely limited. It also doesnt help that NCsoft wont ban Proc hackers, speed hackers, and gathering bots (yes i still see them) because they need the money. There also severe PVP class balanceing issues. Some classes like the Chanter have been ignored for PVP upgrades while other classes like the Sorcerers and Rangers rule the day. I wont be resubbing to the game after it ends in Feb. The "grind" has been reduced but it it isnt enough.

The game is still fun, but only to a point.

***Fires plungers at NCsoft offices for not taking a stand against hackers!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

personal opinion,

didnt ignore aion , pre ordered collectors edition, 2 faction pvp based mmos are great as idea but often the outcome how the devs pull it out fails badly, limited wing time at starters annoyed the shit out of me and the random portals where enemy faction can pop up in group and kill you where you standed peacefully doing quests was another thing, i kept going back to aion time to time but didnt manage to keep me more than few weeks.

so not ignored just dissapointed overall.

cheers

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

B/C the game is meh.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Aion = S U C K A G E!

OP, this is why.
    Entrenched opinions formed years ago that refuse to acknowledge change or take a reasonable look at the current game. It happens with every game across these boards, because everyone knows having an entrenched 'pro' opinion (ie, one that just stupidly repeats what the 'cool kids' say) makes you 'pro'.

It may not be the point being made, but that's largely why people are not playing the game. That stigma of a poor launch is going to stick with Aion forever.

Not only that, the game isn't really spectacular at anything. Warhammer can claim a really good PvP end game. Age of Conan can claim a very robust combat based PvE game. So those two games get some press and enough players to keep chugging along. Aion can't believably claim to have a really great anything. The impression I get is that the game overall is 'meh'.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• BritasBritas Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by lizardbones

Aion = S U C K A G E!

OP, this is why.

It may not be the point being made, but that's largely why people are not playing the game. That stigma of a poor launch is going to stick with Aion forever.

I agree, and that fact really reinforces my original statement.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

personally I loved my time in Aion.... right up until I entered the zones where you would get ganked over and over again while trying to quest to the point where it feels like you can't accomplish anything cause you keep getting killed by the other faction.....

• TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

The game has pretty much changed entirely. Leveling is hella easy now: you can get a character from level 1-30 in less than 20 hours with the new mentor system. 30-40 will take roughly 2 weeks at casual play and 40-50 will take 3 weeks at casual play. Quests have gotten to the point that campaign quests will reward an upwards of 1/10 your exp needed to level at level 44! At level 44 I need 70,000,000 exp to level. Sounds horriblle, right? Every small quick quest I turn in brings in an average of 1,000,000 xp and I am working on a campaign quest as we speak for 11,000,000 xp! All together, level 44 will have taken me about 8 hours of gameplay time.

The game has come a LONG way since it was released, but I can understand where people are coming from. I never played Lineage II cause I tried it in beta and it ruined it for me. :( Some folks here tried it when it first came out and now they think it is the worst game ever. But it really isn't. So far I'm loving every second of the game!