Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people ignore AION??

manny702manny702 Member Posts: 13

Well i always see alot of post of peeps asking what game's to play or if they should play rift or WoW wtf why dnt people see aion? I mean ive been playing the game for only like 3 weeks and am level 31 and am having a blast of a time best game in my opnion i love the gear the wings the skills the people even the mobs lmfao i jsut love the game i go to bed sometimes still thinking am playing in the game still lol so why dnt people give aion a try? Is it because how NCSOFT screwed it up at launch? Or is it because some people find it boring i just want the opnions of why u dnt like aion or what gives u the turn off for this game? Just curious to now other people's opnion's.

Comments

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

I played the game in beta and into launch and i just didnt like the one sided PVP and the grind was pretty grueling. Is it better now? I dont know but i really dont fill like re-installing the game and forking up the 15 bucks to play a game that may or may not be worth it again. They just havnt shown enough improvement from the launch for me to justify it.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

ya aion to me was always a must must try at the very least.  The atmoshpere your thrown into when you first step foot in Atreia is amazing. 

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166

When game come out in spetember i hit lvl 35 and i quit it was pain...grind grind grind.. And i afraid to come back . Good game dont make only graphics and good music..

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I played the game from launch, and thought it was a good game for what it was, but it just wasn't for me, PVP was very one sided and getting steamrolled over and over loses appeal fast, though i'll add that i'm not a Huge PVP fan and once i hit level cap there wasn't anything for me to do. My two cents.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

The enchanting and manastoning system depresses me and makes me not want to play for extended periods of time. Those are my main reasons why I have quit several times and why I don't stay subbed for longer periods. 

This is also probably the reason why many dub it a grind and do not recommend the game to others. I know I haven't.

Also I've grown a bit tired of the click-to-attack & stand-there-and-trade-blows-combat (I can't remember the word for this) but I wouldn't unsub from a fun game for that.

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455

It's awesome.....right up until you meet up with a cleric in the Abyss only 2 levels higher then you and your friends and he rapes all 5 of you in a few minutes. They may have changed that, but that ruined it for me. At the time I last played, there was no real guarunteed stuns or interupts...you could use a skill that had a CHANCE to do those things, but to be honest, they hardly ever did, leading to clerics healing themselves to full every couple of seconds, all while dropping their little lightning thingy that kills you. That alone was enough for me to say screw it and leave for another game.

ALL games have problems with balance as far as PvP goes, don't get me wrong, but when the guy that keeps everyone alive is almost unkillable unless you gang up on him, it kind of takes away from anyone NOT being a cleric, and there were a TON of them back then.

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

Originally posted by nblitz

The enchanting and manastoning system depresses me and makes me not want to play for extended periods of time. Those are my main reasons why I have quit several times and why I don't stay subbed for longer periods. 

This is also probably the reason why many dub it a grind and do not recommend the game to others. I know I haven't.

Also I've grown a bit tired of the click-to-attack & stand-there-and-trade-blows-combat (I can't remember the word for this) but I wouldn't unsub from a fun game for that.

Its called Tab-targeting Combat. Nothing Wrong with it but i can see why people are getting tired of it.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Loved the game up until 30 then started getting into the PVP side of things, then it was a grind fest lack of quests, kept getting ganked into the open world part of it by maxed out players... and the bots really took the cake for me... up side graphics and music r amazing, havnt played it for a good year or so now, might be better but yeh dont wanna start another sub on a game until TOR and then GW2 =)

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I really wanted to play Aion but the P2P + CS is really a huge turn off for me.

Most of the CS items look way more cooler than ingame items.

Wtf I pay monthly for? So that the dev can more cool CS items and entice you to buy it?

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

I played it in beta and was very disappointed about the lack of PvP and the annoying HAAAI-YAH my character did everytime it did an attack. I really dislike games that force you to level up in PvE just to be able to PvP. If they had more PvP earlier in the game I probably would have stuck with it longer. I'd just have to play with the volume off until they fix my character to not sound Asian.

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

I was playing aion from release until a couple months ago. My problem was that the game is way to gear dependant and not just in the tiered sense like most gear dependant mmo's. The best PvE gear in the game does not compare to the best PvP gear. PvP gear doesnt just give you some of an advantage in PvP, It gives you a major advantage. That and the manastone/enchantment stoning that you have to do to become competetive is a painful experience that is based mostly on luck. I dont mind grinding for a month to get enough currency to improve my toon incrementally, But it is possible (likely even) that you will grind for a solid month or 2 and actually come out less powerful from failing your manastone/enchantment stones (which each can cost millions).

Oh and the class balance is non-existent. i had 1 of each toon. Some of them pissed me off when i saw how easy mode a couple of them were. FYI: dont play a chanter. Just play a cleric if you want to go priest. My gf played a cleric and my main was a chanter. Not only does she heal better (no contest), clerics also hit harder(about 50%) and at range.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

easy answer to OP. They dont.

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by Toxia

I played the game from launch, and thought it was a good game for what it was, but it just wasn't for me, PVP was very one sided and getting steamrolled over and over loses appeal fast, though i'll add that i'm not a Huge PVP fan and once i hit level cap there wasn't anything for me to do. My two cents.

that s exactly the sameway i felt in that game.  you coulden't even grind in peace without some high level coming to your low level area and one shooting you every 5 mins .   no thanks

• manny702manny702 Member Posts: 13

well seems most of u guys not all but most havnt played it recently aion has changed alot the graphics got improved more then before theres actaully not alot of botters theres very few left and the grind has been reduced by like 75-85% seriously NCSOFT took the grind off alot and its easier to get drops from DP now then before and more content with the 2.6 patch that came out in my opnion if u liked the game a bit or so when it came out if u played it now u would love the GAME...another thing to the guy that said he doesnt like the CS bro's the CS is more of a luxury like fashion and stuff like that nothing really game changing at all its more of a show off type stuff theres actaully nothing in the CS that makes a player like a super player or anything...and to the person talkinga bout reinstalling just go to bed while downloading try the free trail or if u want to buy the game amazon is selling aion at 10 bucks with shipping and 30 free ingame days thats an epic deal in my opnion....but yes i would love to see more people play the game although most of the starting zones u see at least 2-4 new people or more every day but either way it be better for more new people the community is nice the PVE is actaully gotten way better than before x10 better and the PVP got even better than before also they fixed up the balances issue's a bit and the grinding for GEAR has improved alot also seems like NCSOFT decided to finally hear the opnions of the players and fix the game up. So i think if u ever thought of trying aion why not give it a try dnt listen to anyone talking crap about it just find out for urself.

• BritasBritas Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Qtar

When game come out in spetember i hit lvl 35 and i quit it was pain...grind grind grind.. And i afraid to come back . Good game dont make only graphics and good music..

oh sweet lord... there isnt any 'grind' in Aion before 35, there really isnt. If you was claiming this higher up I would probably agree with you, though saying that it has gotten alot better now, but 'grind' at 35 in this game? No, that never has been true in the Western version. You honestly just sound like someone who is repeating what the cool kids say on the internet in an effort to be 'pro' and have a 'pro' opinion.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

I just return to Aion about 3 weeks ago, left 1 month after launch, and i agree that the community is very helpful.

So im slowly ( lvl 23 now ) leveling and see what this game have to offer.

However regarding the CS, reading from Aion source

http://www.aionsource.com/topic/128583-aion-cashshop-finally-revealed/

some form of play to win is creeping in, sad eh?

RIP Orc Choppa

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

Cause there is nothing about the game that interest me the slightest.... just to answer you question.

• JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by manny702

Well i always see alot of post of peeps asking what game's to play or if they should play rift or WoW wtf why dnt people see aion? I mean ive been playing the game for only like 3 weeks and am level 31 and am having a blast of a time best game in my opnion i love the gear the wings the skills the people even the mobs lmfao i jsut love the game i go to bed sometimes still thinking am playing in the game still lol so why dnt people give aion a try? Is it because how NCSOFT screwed it up at launch? Or is it because some people find it boring i just want the opnions of why u dnt like aion or what gives u the turn off for this game? Just curious to now other people's opnion's.

Boring grind.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

i think the last time i tried this game was assault on balaura.. can't say it improved the game all that much, i think i played for 7 days out of a 1 month sub..  you have wings you can hardly use, and the grind.. .. the game just isnt interesting enough to play because of it.. i don't really have that kind of willpower.. image

• manny702manny702 Member Posts: 13

WOW are u guys playing the korean version? WTF what grind are u talking about? When i was early level 20's i could levle up with 3-4 quest in less than 20 minutes 20-30 minutes or less and the quest where NOT go kill 30 mobs no its like kill 6 mobs and collect 4 of these items stuff like that if u think AION is a grind go play PWI where u kill 80 mobs for 2% exp lets see what u think after that.. seriously people think killing 10 mobs is a grind or even 6 mobs lol i think WoW has gotten people carebarish so they want to be max level in 1 week instead of working at it. But oh well u cant change people's mind of a game they tried almost 2 years ago and dnt want to try again and see all the new improvments the game has now.

(P.S. also if u do campaign quest in aion from level 1-20 each one gives u over 25% of the exp u need and with the mobs u killed to finish the quest and the items u get u get in total over 35-40% of the exp u need to level up with 1 QUEST jsut 1 so ya i dnt see the grind there lol)

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

yeah after seeing the new CS items selling candy that inscreases attack/casting speed i'll never give it another try. i honestly had been wanting to, i played it for lil over 6 months at launch, got my 6 month vet wings.just been buisy with r/l stuff, specially after i saw the guild robe things i saw, they looked pretty cool.

but them adding pay to win item to the cs they can get bent, it was bad enough with the dyes and what not that they had in there when i played.

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

It is true about the game cutting back on the grinding by a great deal, and low level ganking is impossible now. Course there fix to the low level ganking problem was to pretty much make PvP almost entirely endgame. If you attempt to rift, you will be fighting against a player with a defensive buff that is so rediculous that you may in fact lose to a not well geared opponent who you outlevel as by the time you get him close to dead he will have had time to call in friends and they will probably have time to arrive and you will get raped by his buddies before you have much chance of killing him. Basically, they killed rifting/low level pvp.

As for balance, unless they had some miracle patch in the last 2 months since i quit, i dont think so. I went over patch notes on 2.6 and nothing listed addresses class balance issues, just minor skill tweaks. Ive yet to see them do anything to rangers for example in any patch that reduced there effectiveness. The fact that there's is the only weapon in the game that stuns/knockbacks there opponent by default on auto attack is horribly unbalanced. It is like having a free godstone on your weapon that still leaves you free to add another one. The antishock skill they added to nerf sins a while back doesnt work against rangers, though it did help nerf asmodian chanters (soul strike) who werent in a position to need a nerf as soul strike was the one ranged attack they have that allows them to actually catch up to people. Im not even going to go into the sm's unbreakable multiple aoe fears. At least there is a defense you can use against those, even if it means gimping yourself in all other aspects of your toon.

• WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120

Aion = S U C K A G E!

I played in beta and at launch.

I got 3 levels from max and just couldn't do it any more. TOTAL KOREAN GRINDER!

At higher levels it goes like this...pick up a quest to kill 50 rats. Complete..whew. Go turn and "boom". Pick up the same quest to kill the same 50 rats.

I'm not a mindless asian who can grind without thought endlessly. A little substance would be nice. Try as I might I just coudn't get to max level. So close, but just not worth the effort.

And the PvP just blows.

Also, bots bots bots.

You would see a train of 3 or 4 people just botting and leveling EVERYWHERE.

Bots gathering materials and loading up the auction house. Was totally out of control.

And Nsoft did nothing about it.

Bots and grinding = failure in the superior United States of America. Asians can go grind thier lives away.

America!....FYEA!

• anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131

Its an asian grind fest with ugly armor boring quest and heaavily dependant on  gear

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Originally posted by manny702

The thing is, your so far behind youll never survive pvp at lvl 55.

I played for the first 6 months and by that time the no life players had uber gear and would 2-3 shot me, especially Sorcs who were/are stupidly over-powered. Sorcs could instantly kill a team with an instant DP move in Dredgion if the opposition had less than 5k health.

Also the korean devs take no notice whatsoever of NA/EU.